New Moori Tips

shoutout33

"The Emperor"
Silver Member
Has anyone seen or played with these yet:

https://www.moori-kooboo.com/2018/01/27/新製品-moori-coral-moori-garnet-moori-ruby-誕生/

It seems the black, malachite (green) and ruby line didn't last long. I could be wrong, been away from the game for a little while. If you have played with them or understand Japanese, could you give a better description of what each tip is supposed to do? Thanks.

Daris 2018

PS

Oh yeah, if this has already been discussed, then just give the link.

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

https://www.moori-kooboo.com/2018/01/27/新製品-moori-coral-moori-garnet-moori-ruby-誕生/

It seems the black, malachite (green) and ruby line didn't last long. I could be wrong, been away from the game for a little while. If you have played with them or understand Japanese, could you give a better description of what each tip is supposed to do? Thanks.

Daris 2018

PS

https://translate.google.com/transl...rnet-moori-ruby-%E8%AA%95%E7%94%9F/&sandbox=1

Superiorduper

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It’d be nice if they provided some durometer readings. From my experience tips rated MS and MH usually hit and sound much different.

Hits 'em Hard

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I see the Ruby in the photo. No malachite or brown jewel.

I’ve used the jewel for the last two years. For some reason the longer those tips just sit laying around, the harder they get. Have a couple left from when I bought them two years ago. Installed one recently and it was way harder than the others. My more recent stocked ones seem softer. The silver printing on them was different too. And don’t get me started on the knock offs from Florida.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
let me first answer your question
i have not played with them or know much about them
but i want to get this off my chest
i wasnt playing pool when the original mooris came out
and apparently they were REALLY BETTER than what was out there to compete
so people are hoping 20 or so years later the magic is back
ITS NOT
jmho
icbw
so with all the counterfiet controversy and noone has claimed any recent moori to be
why not go buy g2 (or insert your favorite layered tip )
just sayin

shoutout33

"The Emperor"
Silver Member
ITS NOT
jmho
icbw
so with all the counterfiet controversy and noone has claimed any recent moori to be
just sayin

I can only speak for myself, but I'm hoping (and probably others as well...) that Moori does come back with some serious tips. My 2 cents.

Straightpool_99

I see dead balls
Silver Member
I used Moori M tips exclusively for many years and was very happy with them. I tried the Jewel tips and I was very disappointed. The tips felt "dead" while Moori M's used to feel very springy and "alive" with feedback. Currently I'm playing with Triangle and pressed LePros until Moori can make the magic happen again. I hope it will happen, otherwise I'm sticking to non-layered tips.

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
ITS NOT
jmho
icbw
just sayin

Ahhh the original Moori tips. I paid somewhere around $75 to have one put on back in the mid 1990s. Was it better than the Triangles or Champions that a lot of players were using at the time? Seemed to be. Could it have been placebo effect? I think the possibility is certainly there. :thumbup:

My preference today is still for layered tips, based on my experiences with that original Moori. For me its more about having a tip that I dont have to mess with, more than any play-ability reasoning.

shoutout33

"The Emperor"
Silver Member
I see the Ruby in the photo. No malachite or brown jewel.

Martin,

The link I gave has their new line up of tips. Coral S (slow or soft); Garnet MS and MH (Medium soft and hard???), and Ruby H (Hard). I'm assuming and using some educated guessing on the hardnesses here. I need to find another tip other than the Kamui's to push. ;p Hopefully they will be at the Super Billiards Expo to see in person.

Daris 2018

tabunnn

Registered

Daris 2018

PS

Tips are very very bad..... foooo... DONt buy it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’ve used the jewel for the last two years. For some reason the longer those tips just sit laying around, the harder they get. Have a couple left from when I bought them two years ago. Installed one recently and it was way harder than the others. My more recent stocked ones seem softer. The silver printing on them was different too. And don’t get me started on the knock offs from Florida.

To what knockoffs are you referring to?

tabunnn

Registered
To what knockoffs are you referring to?

all new moori are bad !!! i try it all... i try to find old moori q or analogue for many years... i know many about tips, but my engl is bad.... new tips are fake, mr Moori dint make tips anymore.... and people who make now - are stupid and never heard about billiards.........