New router bracket for porter cable

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Same here, I like the caddy and nice job on the bracket.
How'd ya do it?

And also, the index is locked and it looks as tho you are getting ready to cut points. Are you using the butt taper bar or what are you using.

JG Custom Cues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you look at his tailstock it is offset. I love your set up. Nice. What's the blue switch on top of your lathe for?

cuewould

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Crazy and a little bored

Same here, I like the caddy and nice job on the bracket.
How'd ya do it?

And also, the index is locked and it looks as tho you are getting ready to cut points. Are you using the butt taper bar or what are you using.

Hog.... I cut it out of a solid chunk of alum...I did it with a router I was pleased with the out come, helps keep the points straight....I use a different tail stock for cutting in pionts saves alot of heart ache....Ray Weeks

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice work... but I'm curious. Did you make the whole "L" shaped bracket out of one chunk of material? Wouldn't a section from a structural "L" bracket have worked?

KJ Cues

Pro Cue Builder & Repair
Silver Member
I believe that is extruded 'L' angle.
If not, there was a whole lot of work done that didn't need to be.

cuewould

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
2 parts

Nice work... but I'm curious. Did you make the whole "L" shaped bracket out of one chunk of material? Wouldn't a section from a structural "L" bracket have worked?

Yes, that is 3/8" alum-(L) and the bracket is rabetted then drilled and tapped........Ray Weeks