New Tad Big Pin Player

Thecoats

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I had the opportunity to pick up a big pin Tad player from my friends at J&J and as always they did not disappoint. Here are a couple pictures of my latest player.

Tad_BP_2.jpg
Tad_BP_1.jpg

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had a "normal" joint birdseye Tad, and I liked it so well I played with it a couple years (long time for me).

I have always heard the big pin Tads play the best.

Ken

Thecoats

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I had a "normal" joint birdseye Tad, and I liked it so well I played with it a couple years (long time for me).

I have always heard the big pin Tads play the best.

Ken
I have had about 10 of these maple players 7 in steel, three in big pin and all but one was a great player. The only one that I didn't care for the hit on I think someone replaced the ferrules with a different material. I tried a couple different tips and just never cared for the hit. Otherwise I think they are all strong players and love the hit on both the big pin and the steel jointed ones.

As everyone here knows I am a habitual cue swapper and rarely keep a cue more than a few months. Heck I booked nothing but winners with my last EDC cue but I still ended up selling it. LOL

Thanks for the comments and looking everyone.

-don

ThinSlice

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here are a few pictures I took at the pool room and I find it interesting how different the coloring on the cue looks under fluorescent light versus natural light.

View attachment 590458View attachment 590459View attachment 590460

The big pin TAD-1 cues play awesome. They do take a little time to break in but once they do boy they play remarkable. Enjoy in good health.

Only problem you will have is the wrap getting dirty and the finish wearing off. Especially if you drink. The alcohol will bleed through your hands and destroy the finish over time.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member
That’s a beauty of a player, Don!
Hit’em often, hit’em well!
Your friend,
Will Prout

Thecoats

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
That’s a beauty of a player, Don!
Hit’em often, hit’em well!
Your friend,
Will Prout
Thanks Will, i hope you and the family are doing great and staying safe during the pandemic. I truly miss you and the "what's in the case this weekend" times at Shooters.

Take Care
-don

jayburger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have had about 10 of these maple players 7 in steel, three in big pin and all but one was a great player. The only one that I didn't care for the hit on I think someone replaced the ferrules with a different material. I tried a couple different tips and just never cared for the hit. Otherwise I think they are all strong players and love the hit on both the big pin and the steel jointed ones.

As everyone here knows I am a habitual cue swapper and rarely keep a cue more than a few months. Heck I booked nothing but winners with my last EDC cue but I still ended up selling it. LOL

Thanks for the comments and looking everyone.

-don
Heck that’s exactly my story (swapping cues every few months) hell don, you and i have bought and sold the same bluegrass from each other twice now(and for one very good reason....it plays better than anything i own which INCLUDES a gaboon southwest and another MONSTER fancy bluegrass and two wes hunters and a JOEY cue...thats a lineup of mean players. I am yet to own a tad,so please,if/when you decide to go another direction,give me shot at this one...beautiful cue buddy,enjoy.