New WHYTE CARBON vs. Predator Revo Carbon Fiber Shaft ... "Ebony and Ivory"

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
FYI, I just posted a new video that compares a new 12.25 mm Whyte Carbon white carbon fiber shaft to the 12.4 mm black Predator Revo. Differing attributes are discussed and careful CB deflection testing is done. Check it out:

Content:
0:00 - Intro
0:19 - Attributes
1:40 - CB Deflection
---- 3:35 - test results
4:19 - Wrap Up

As always, I look forward to your feedback, comments, questions, complaints, and requests.

Enjoy!

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you, and you're welcome.

Size matters only for a solid maple shaft. There are many variables in the construction of a carbon fiber shaft.
With cf its possible to make a 9mm shaft that's stiffer than a 13mm wood shaft. One of the reasons for the explosion of cf golf shafts, you can make them tree-trunk stiff or buggy-whip flexible. Endless fitting options. Same with cf pool/billiard shafts.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
One of the questions no one has asked about CF is how long can they last with frequent use?

I sold a Schragger I had, and used 30 years.

Wood last for ever if cared for.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
Size matters only for a solid maple shaft. There are many variables in the construction of a carbon fiber shaft.
Yep. Since CF is so much more dense than maple, I assume CF shafts are all hollow - so the main squirt culprit is wall thickness. That can vary a lot for any diameter shaft.

pj
chgo

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
With cf its possible to make a 9mm shaft that's stiffer than a 13mm wood shaft. One of the reasons for the explosion of cf golf shafts, you can make them tree-trunk stiff or buggy-whip flexible. Endless fitting options. Same with cf pool/billiard shafts.

It is probably also possible to make at 15mm hollow (or foam-filled) CF shaft that has less CB deflection than a 12mm solid maple shaft.

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
One of the questions no one has asked about CF is how long can they last with frequent use?

I sold a Schragger I had, and used 30 years.

Wood last for ever if cared for.

I have a CF mountain bike that has taken a ridiculous amount of abuse over many years with no issues. I would expect a CF pool shaft to easily last a long lifetime.

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
Yep. Since CF is so much more dense than maple, I assume CF shafts are all hollow - so the main squirt culprit is wall thickness. That can vary a lot for any diameter shaft.

Bingo. That's what makes CF components (airplane parts, mountain bike frames, golf clubs, fishing rods, arrows, and pool cue shafts included) so high-performance. The strength-to-weight ratio is amazing due to the strong but very thin component wall thicknesses.

Grimper

FYI, I just posted a new video that compares a new 12.25 mm Whyte Carbon white carbon fiber shaft to the 12.4 mm black Predator Revo. Differing attributes are discussed and careful CB deflection testing is done. Check it out:

Content:
0:00 - Intro
0:19 - Attributes
1:40 - CB Deflection
---- 3:35 - test results
4:19 - Wrap Up

As always, I look forward to your feedback, comments, questions, complaints, and requests.

Enjoy!
Now if they'll just make a CF shaft that looks like......wood :). Great video :)

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It’s only a matter of time until someone comes up with a cream color carbon fiber shaft.
By experimenting with the color darkness, it might start to resemble a maple wood shaft.

Imagine that, a stealth like combination that looks like orig. maple shaft but is actually CF.
Yup, it’s only a question of when and I suspect before 2023 rolls over this may come true.

soyale

Bingo. That's what makes CF components (airplane parts, mountain bike frames, golf clubs, fishing rods, arrows, and pool cue shafts included) so high-performance. The strength-to-weight ratio is amazing due to the strong but very thin component wall thicknesses.
thats the same reason why i prefer to use aluminum for my holiday decorations

RickLafayette

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The site shows two different pics for the same shaft (Warm Whyte color). There's no contact info on their website.

ak.png

RickLafayette

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
They do. Check out the Wheat State CF shaft. He can do it in a wood finish. The info is on their FB page. But I've never hit with one so I can't attest to how they play.
I swear, I must be getting old. Actually, I am old. I looked all over their site and cannot find the wheat state color shaft. Perhaps you can post the location like Garczar did.

crazy8legs

Registered
I swear, I must be getting old. Actually, I am old. I looked all over their site and cannot find the wheat state color shaft. Perhaps you can post the location like Garczar did.

It's probably not you actually. Lol. I messaged him on FB Messenger. He told me he offers it and sent me some pics that I'm including here.
d1ee9846fb020bb51b1f6bd8da91e9d1.jpg

be3573f8968de00f9b61d095a5d4e4e4.jpg