Nice Craigslist find today

sixwillwin

King of the Meadow
Silver Member
Searching my local CL this morning and saw an ad in the Barter section. It had listed 2 Pool cues with case, he was looking for any type of outdoor equipment for the trade. I offered a couple things to him and he was interested in an old mountain bike I had. It was 15 years old and basically never used in the few years, it had no value to me. So we agree on the trade and do the deal. This is what I got.....McDermott playing cue, I don't know the model but it is very nice and perfect condition. Comparing online seems similar to the $225 models. McDermott Star break cue, i think it is the S2 model ($120) Again, perfect condition. The case is a leather? Joe Porper 2x2 case. Inside the case is a Joe Porper cue holder and a Keller Adjust A Pro Bridge along with a pocket chalk holder and a box of unused Blue Diamond chalk!!!. Everything is perfect, almost unused condition. Like he started a new hobby and gave up right away. I valued my old bike at about $50 at the most so I got a great deal! Love it! Made my day for sure! :thumbup::thumbup2:

Last edited:

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Bartering is a great way to do it. When I was 17 I saw an ad for a Valley bar table and traded an old BSA motorcycle for it. Now I wish I still had the BSA! But we had tons of fun on that Valley.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bartering is a great way to do it. When I was 17 I saw an ad for a Valley bar table and traded an old BSA motorcycle for it. Now I wish I still had the BSA! But we had tons of fun on that Valley.

Bartering? I know about that. You have to be careful.

It was November 1965 in N.J.. I was 18 and unemployed.

A man offered me free room and board, free medical and dental, free clothing and a

16 week all expense paid vacation in a warm climate.

And an allowance in cash every two weeks.

All I had to do was sign up for 4 years!

What a deal where's the pen? I'm in.

Welcome to Parris Island USMC recruit depot.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

BSA!?

Yeah...I bet you wish you had that! :D

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bartering? I know about that. You have to be careful.

It was November 1965 in N.J.. I was 18 and unemployed.

A man offered me free room and board, free medical and dental, free clothing and a

16 week all expense paid vacation in a warm climate.

And an allowance in cash every two weeks.

All I had to do was sign up for 4 years!

What a deal where's the pen? I'm in.

Welcome to Parris Island USMC recruit depot.

You forgot to mention the free hair cut and physical fitness training.

People pay a lot of money for personal trainers.....

Tramp Steamer

One Pocket enthusiast.
Silver Member
It was Triple Nipple night at Two Tooth Sally's place in Galveston, back in '68. You paid for two lap dances and the third was free.
Sally was in her prime in those days. Young, blonde, beautiful, and as yet unaware of the disease that would eventually kill her. CED (Chronic Explosive Diarrhea).
It was a hot and steamy night on Canal street. The band was in the middle of House of the Rising Sun when Sally walked up to my table and asked if I wanted the special. I asked was that was. She said the Special was three lap dances for the price of two, or as the locals called it, Three Nips and a Tip. I couldn't say no.
Sally took my money, signaled the band, and seductively slithered out of her nightgown. The dance began.
She moved slowly at first, swaying to the rhythm of My Cherie Amour. Sensuous, yet with purpose. My heartbeat had risen substantially, and I was captivated by her charm and grace.
Next came the plaintive melody of Be My Baby, a soul-searching tune that Sally used to create a desire, and a longing for what she had to offer. I was left breathless. Wanting more.
My wait was a short one. She looked into my eyes and smiled as she once more signaled the band. Suddenly an organ chord split the air and the lead singer screamed,
"Good golly Miss Molly, sure like to ball. When you're rockin' and a rollin' can't hear your momma call." My world exploded.
I mean that literally. When the band got to, "Well now momma, poppa told me: 'son you better watch your step.', Sally had a strange look on her face. Fear, yes. Panic, perhaps. But, more than anything, a look of resignation. I think she knew what was coming.
Well, the next thing I knew I was laying flat on my back on the floor, cover in shit.
The wall behind me was speckled with bits of shrimp and andouille sausage, and the guy at the next table was retching, uncontrollably. Sally was no where to be seen.
I later found out that she had been taken to a nearby hospital where tests had confirmed the presence of CED, and her doctor suggested she stay away from Cajun food.
It wasn't easy for me, either. To this day I can't look a bowl of Gumbo in the face. :thumbup: