Nice To ee For sale/wanted cleaned up

Just curious...

Does this affect those posters/members that promote thier wares in thier signature lines as well ?
 
Clean-Up & Reformation Is Indeed In Order

I read about the changes coming with the New Year and applaud the decision. It's just sad that so many jerks turned the Forum into a Craig's List of sorts and the items being offered for trade are literally comical. I'm going to miss the opportunity to also see what other Forum members have acquired aftre buying a cue and I'll also miss being able to see their cue photos.

Just a thought, any consideration for enabling Paid Members to have different browsing capabilities or anything different about their membership aside from banners & larger in-mails etc. If you were able to offer anything like that, I'm sure it would bolster paid memberships. At the same time, why not have a cue dealers' section where they pay for the privilege of posting their wares or maintain a link to their website. Their membership is commercial oriented so the ir monthly/yearly rate should be significantly more than an individual. If they had a stagnant ad in the White Pages or Yellow Pages, it would run them thousands annually so AZ can be priced appropriately. I mean how would anyone new ever find out about these cue dealer websites and using an Internet serach engine doesn't seldom brings these dealer names up.

The AZ Forum is a known entity and I think dealers should pay for the enormous publicity they derive from being on AZ and when they aren't able to post links on the forum any longer, they'll realize how easy they've had it. Now they're going to have to detail out every cue they have available to sell whenever they are interested in posting on AZ....a substantially different arrangement and a lot more work. I betch they'd gladly pay to be able to remain active on the Forum.

Matt
 
The issues with the forum have not been a big deal for me because I don't really sell anything here so I haven't been fighting for "shelf space". The part I liked about the way it was, with all the activity, is that over time I got a good feel for who the most reputable sellers and dealers are and it was nice to see the constant parade of cues for sale - it helps keep me in tune with the market. But I also get that the way the forum has evolved is in conflict with the paying sponsors of this site.

I definitely agree with JohnnyT that they next need to get all the pitches out of the main forum. Most of the violators in this regard don't even use the for sale forum.

As far a signatures go, I turned those off many moons ago.
 
Anyone wanna bet how far into the new year we make it before we start seeing rivals to AZ popping up with open for sale sections???
 
I actually think LPCustomecues already opened one.

I think it is a damn shame and it will take a lot of the enjoyment out of AZ for me. But I think that a few whiny nits and petty thieves ruined it for everyone. But then again I am not impartial because I promote my book (well one of the last chances now on Kindle http://www.amazon.com/Do-Game-Rober...al-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1323727993&sr=1-1-catcorr). But I truly enjoy looking at the cues.

Bob
 
I actually think LPCustomecues already opened one.

I think it is a damn shame and it will take a lot of the enjoyment out of AZ for me. But I think that a few whiny nits and petty thieves ruined it for everyone. But then again I am not impartial because I promote my book (well one of the last chances now on Kindle http://www.amazon.com/Do-Game-Rober...al-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1323727993&sr=1-1-catcorr). But I truly enjoy looking at the cues.

Bob

The thing is....the thieves and crooks will still be here to run their scams uninterrupted.

Sad day for AZ. I think in the end, what's lost may far outweigh what's gained.
 
1st post here. I've been a member for a short while. And I've bought a couple of nice cues from some of the dealers recently. I liked seeing the beautiful, new cues too! Too bad there wasn't a way to regulate the # of posts or bumps. Guess you can't have it both ways....
 
1st post here. I've been a member for a short while. And I've bought a couple of nice cues from some of the dealers recently. I liked seeing the beautiful, new cues too! Too bad there wasn't a way to regulate the # of posts or bumps. Guess you can't have it both ways....

With a clean set of well-defined rules and 1-2 more mods specific just to that section, it could have easily been self-regulating. But again, these are suggestions that have been mentioned in the past when issues have come up.
 
1st post here. I've been a member for a short while. And I've bought a couple of nice cues from some of the dealers recently. I liked seeing the beautiful, new cues too! Too bad there wasn't a way to regulate the # of posts or bumps. Guess you can't have it both ways....

Welcome to the site Lewie!!!

Maniac
 
1st post here. I've been a member for a short while. And I've bought a couple of nice cues from some of the dealers recently. I liked seeing the beautiful, new cues too! Too bad there wasn't a way to regulate the # of posts or bumps. Guess you can't have it both ways....



Hey lewie, good to see another local person on AZ.

welcome.
 
Back
Top