Nick Van Den Berg hospitalized

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He is lucky in several ways. Ususally when people as young as him have a heart problem the first symptom is death. He has a chance to find out what happened, get treatment and hopeful not have any future problems.
Yes. I had a Widowmaker back on December 13th 2013( Friday the 13th). I was 47. My right coronary artery was 100% blocked. While I was laying in the emergency room waiting for the helicopter to transfer me to Toledo, I was still in BigTime pain. They gave me morphine, which did very little good. I was laying there with my eyes closed, when I heard the doctor outside of the room talking to a nurse. She said" I don't think he's going to make the trip to Toledo".

That's a hell of a damn thing to hear while you're laying on a emergency room table completely naked, and having another heart attack. She must have thought I was out of it from the morphine, but I wasn't . I thought right then and there... Fuck you bitch I'm going to make it!

I survived a helicopter ride. And they had two stents in to me in less than a half hour. I was discharged Sunday afternoon.

As a side note, they checked my cholesterol. They didn't believe the result, so they checked it again. It was 105 LDL. Optimal is 100. Cholesterol wasn't my problem. It was smoking. There is no bigger motivation to stop smoking then having a heart attack, and knowing the odds were very much against you for surviving.

BasementDweller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes. I had a Widowmaker back on December 13th 2013( Friday the 13th). I was 47. My right coronary artery was 100% blocked. While I was laying in the emergency room waiting for the helicopter to transfer me to Toledo, I was still in BigTime pain. They gave me morphine, which did very little good. I was laying there with my eyes closed, when I heard the doctor outside of the room talking to a nurse. She said" I don't think he's going to make the trip to Toledo".

That's a hell of a damn thing to hear while you're laying on a emergency room table completely naked, and having another heart attack. She must have thought I was out of it from the morphine, but I wasn't . I thought right then and there... Fuck you bitch I'm going to make it!

I survived a helicopter ride. And they had two stents in to me in less than a half hour. I was discharged Sunday afternoon.

As a side note, they checked my cholesterol. They didn't believe the result, so they checked it again. It was 105 LDL. Optimal is 100. Cholesterol wasn't my problem. It was smoking. There is no bigger motivation to stop smoking then having a heart attack, and knowing the odds were very much against you for surviving.
Thanks for sharing. Glad you made it. Nice reminder that I need to get my heart checked out as our family has a history.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for sharing. Glad you made it. Nice reminder that I need to get my heart checked out as our family has a history.
I do, it’s triple important to be out in front of any problems.

100% a heart problem is what will take me out.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Sad news. I had the pleasure of having Nick at my table at one of the BCA Hall of Fame dinners and greatly enjoyed his company. He is a quality guy and I wish him the best.