No Deflection

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like that video. Im simply saying that there is a timing to the stroke that can allow the shaft to come back before the ball is gone. I postulate this person is putting force into the shot at the wrong time. Essentially there is a timing that will deflect the ball a maximum and a timing that will do the opposite.

So you hit the cueball, then in the fraction of a second the contact is, you move the tip to the other side of the cueball to tap it back in line?

Did you setup tests with slow motion video to show what your cueball does with your cue vs someone else that does not know this technique that dozens of cuemakers have spent working on for decades could not discover?

It takes maybe an hour to do a nice video showing what happens when you hit the ball with side-spin and where the cueball ends up.

10 pages so far in the post but I don't think you have demonstrated this yet or there would have been 2 pages. You said "I can do this, here see", the rest would be "hey, you are right, you did that thing you said you do".

I can start a post saying I can shit out of my thumb, I found a way to route my food digestion outside of my intestines and just argue with everyone that they don't know how I do it. I just swallow in a special way that makes the food not go into my stomach and I trained my body to break down the food directly by beating it with my muscles internally. Just don't ask me to demonstrate it.

If someone starts making claims that others don't think are possible, there is a simple way to prove those claims, show us. Unless of course the point of the post was just to waste people's time.

For the past several 100 years, people claiming how things worked actually needed to provide some sort of a repeatable test to show that what they did was done and how it was done, along with having it be testable by others. There are plenty of jokers and charlatans and fakes that claim things, but it all breaks down during testing or demonstrations with controls. Mind reading, telekinesis, etc.. Look up the amazing randy.

Last edited:

nodeflection

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This should make it easier to see, since you can't watch the slow motion video. I took these screenshots to show exactly what happens when the tip strikes the cb off center. This is a half tip of right english. The images begin with the top left being just before impact and progress across like reading a paragraph, ending with the bottom right pic after the shaft has returned to it's unflexed position. Notice how the cb is no longer in contact with the tip well before the shaft begins to move back from it's defected path.

picture.php

Why is the cueball shifting to the right? The deflected path would be to the left???

nodeflection

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So you hit the cueball, then in the fraction of a second the contact is, you move the tip to the other side of the cueball to tap it back in line?

10 pages so far in the post but I don't think you have demonstrated this yet or there would have been 2 pages. You said "I can do this, here see", the rest would be "hey, you are right, you did that thing you said you do".

I can start a post saying I can shit out of my thumb, I found a way to route my food digestion outside of my intestines and just argue with everyone that they don't know how I do it. I just swallow in a special way that makes the food not go into my stomach and I trained my body to break down the food directly by beating it with my muscles internally. Just don't ask me to demonstrate it.

If someone starts making claims that others don't think are possible, there is a simple way to prove those claims, show us. Unless of course the point of the post was just to waste people's time.

For the past several 100 years, people claiming how things worked actually needed to provide some sort of a repeatable test to show that what they did was done and how it was done, along with having it be testable by others. There are plenty of jokers and charlatans and fakes that claim things, but it all breaks down during testing or demonstrations with controls. Mind reading, telekinesis, etc.. Look up the amazing randy.

I said nothing of moving the tip to the other side. Shaft flex, shaft flex back, cueball leaves. Not shaft flex, ball leaves, shaft flex back.

I gave a simple center ball test. If you can't go roll the ball and get that to work a video won't help anything. I don't really care to demonstrate I'd rather be denied.

I don't think your food would "break down" with pressure from your body. That's a chemical change. There must be a different reason why you are shitting out of your thumb.

If I was reading something that was wasting my time I would stop reading it.

I've had some guy with telekinesis hook me hill hill at least 10-15 times. The ball is stopping and rolls an inch left to hookland. Right after I hit a low percentage while hitting my shape line perfectly.

nodeflection

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I used to work at a printing company that did the ad inserts for newspapers all over the country.
Most of the guys who ran the presses were about 3rd grade mentally and even less in other areas.
I worked in the pre press and we were like 5th or 6th grade.
Anyway , one of those geniuses ran busting through the door one day yelling "Ain't no yeller in the corn" ain't no yeller in the corn"
Of course , no one had a clue what he was talking about , and then it finally dawned on me that he was talking about the pages he was printing.
There was a huge ad for sweet corn on the page and it was not printing the it yellow, in fact it was blue.
I told him to go check his press plates, he had switched the yellow and blues places on the press.
Thats what I am getting from this thread.
Ain't no yeller in the corn!!!!!!!

What I wrote, whether false or extra false apparently, surely was not the work of anyone in grade school. Probably not from an undergraduate either. I guess you have never heard of blue corn?

nodeflection

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What a widget. 4days and roughly 48 moronic posts. Let's hope he sticks to his word.

widg·et
/ˈwijit/

a small gadget or mechanical device, especially one whose name is unknown or unspecified.
COMPUTING
an application, or a component of an interface, that enables a user to perform a function or access a service.

nodeflection

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You are underestimating the pool world.
Hundreds will argue with you they can.
Hundreds will argue they can spin the ball with a circular follow through.:grin-square:

I think it is possible to follow through with a circular motion. The circular shape of the stroke puts English on the CB similarly to the way you would a bowling ball or say a tennis ball.

Tin Man

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
spin

I think it is possible to follow through with a circular motion. The circular shape of the stroke puts English on the CB similarly to the way you would a bowling ball or say a tennis ball.

Circular spin has been an established part of pool since the leather tip was invented. Straight side spin changes the cue ball's rebound angle off the rail and can cause a curve effect. Circular spin, however, opens the door for curving object balls around obstructions and "S curves". They don't come up often but when they do they can be the difference between a win and a loss. Thank you nodeflection, I don't think this is discussed enough.

nodeflection

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Circular spin has been an established part of pool since the leather tip was invented. Straight side spin changes the cue ball's rebound angle off the rail and can cause a curve effect. Circular spin, however, opens the door for curving object balls around obstructions and "S curves". They don't come up often but when they do they can be the difference between a win and a loss. Thank you nodeflection, I don't think this is discussed enough.

It sounds like your table is needing of repair. I can curve the object ball but not make it S, yet. Thank you for giving me something extra to work on.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

What's this S curve? I can do a C...?

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What you're calling "circular spin" is actually called a "masse". Quit trying out-think yourself. You, that balls dude and nodeflection have to be the same person. Can't be three people that far off-the-air.

Tin Man

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Another thing is in tournaments that don't allow jump cues it's useful to be able to drop the cue stick during the stroke which, unlike draw, lifts the cue ball off the table to clear interfering balls. You can tell the difference between a jump shot and a lift shot because a jump involves an elevated cue and several bounces, whereas a lift shot is hit with a level cue and the cue ball floats off the table bed more slowly.

nodeflection

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What you're calling "circular spin" is actually called a "masse". Quit trying out-think yourself. You, that balls dude and nodeflection have to be the same person. Can't be three people that far off-the-air.

You are way off man, very lost. Masse what is that?

JoeyInCali said it's not possible to follow through in a "circular motion" to apply spin. I said, I agree with the people he says can't do that, hundreds of them. No mention of the term "circular spin."

After that Tin Man, maybe, thought I mentioned "circular spin" but that term is new to me. He then mentioned that curving the object ball around obstacles and making the OB double curve in an S shape is the result of circular spin. Sarcastically mentioning that will determine many matches. After which I said I can curve the object ball, wouldn't necessarily call the shape of the object ball curve to be a "C" more like a candy cain that's bitten the top off. I want to try and bend the object ball in a S shape but I can't think of the first step. Probably better off trying to curve the CB in an S shape first, but if I get that I will have an idea of how to do that to the OB.