no markings on stick? wat could it be

gary2k7

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well as title says i may be acquiring it in a trade but i have no idea wat it is or wat its worth.

2012-10-12_00-48-43_751.jpg


2012-10-12_00-48-58_439.jpg


2012-10-12_00-49-04_668.jpg


2012-10-12_00-49-13_24.jpg


2012-10-12_00-49-24_825.jpg
 
It looks like a Brunswick cue from mid to late 60's. I believe most of those from that era were made overseas. But I have handled similar looking cues and those seemed to be of decent quality. As a collector I would hold on to it for the fact that it represents such a classic looking design from a very classic period of cue making.
 
It looks like a Brunswick cue from mid to late 60's. I believe most of those from that era were made overseas. But I have handled similar looking cues and those seemed to be of decent quality. As a collector I would hold on to it for the fact that it represents such a classic looking design from a very classic period of cue making.

Where could i get it refinished at? The butt cap is rough missing a piece, the guy handed me the piece and i love the look of it...shaft rolls perfect, i wouldnt mind having it refinished to catch the look of when it was new!
 
gary2k7;3808988]Well as title says i may be acquiring it in a trade but i have no idea wat it is or wat its worth.
.................................................................................................................................................


Cheap Taiwan import - styled to evoke an Adam...

IMHO - trade value of $10 or so.

Dale
 
Last edited:
It looks like an Adam Regal A/H 47. This is a pretty early cue judging by the joint screw.

I would say it's worth fixing up. Looks like macassar ebony. Scot at Proficient or Ryan at RAT cues would be good choices. Why don't you send them pictures and get a quote? If it's straight, fixed up it could be worth $400 or more. "As is" maybe $200. These are just guesses, I'm not really up on Adam values.
 
Last edited:
I agree, Adam. A/H 47? I think so. Not a "cheap" cue. The pin dates it early. It actually looks to be in pretty decent shape, and you say it's straight. Definitely worth fixing up, and it shouldn't take much.


Oh....and it should be a good shooter to boot. :wink:


Nice find.

.
 
I agree with Tate and Chopdoc, it looks like an Adam to me. I knew several people who had similar cues and they were very decent production cues.
 
I agree with Tate and Chopdoc, it looks like an Adam to me. I knew several people who had similar cues and they were very decent production cues.

Well...

I've handled more than a few Adam cues. The joint collar looks to be Alum to me - and, never saw one without a logo even back to the early 70s.

Maybe Jay will chime in.

Dale(who has been wrong before)
 
Well...

I've handled more than a few Adam cues. The joint collar looks to be Alum to me - and, never saw one without a logo even back to the early 70s.

Maybe Jay will chime in.

Dale(who has been wrong before)

And Jayman will show you Adam cues without the logo. I have a couple myself. The early Adam cues had the logo on a sticker and it most often fell off.

Here's one with no logo, and there are many, many more: http://www.insidepoolmag.com/forums/showthread.php?2115-Top-of-the-line-Old-Adams-A-H-36-Corsair


I've handled more than a few too. :wink::grin:



EDIT: Oh, and if you want to simply judge by the logo, please be careful...there are thousands of fake Adam cues being sold, and they have a real nice Adam logo on them.





.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top