Not A World Straight Pool Championship

WPA and 14.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by alstl
I guess all of Mosconi and Crane's world championships don't count because the WPA didn't sanction them.

The losers in all of this are the players and fans.

And yes, the players and fans both lose!

-Sean
Al:


And yes, the players and fans both lose!

-Sean


The WPA is trying to uphold and promote the game through keeping bigger prize funds.

Back when Crane was playing, there was no WPA. There wasn't GPS or a hundred other things either. But times change.

If you don't want to agree with the standards that are accepted by most of the world - that is fine. But don't blame WPA for lowering the threshold for a World Championship to $20,000.

This is just one of the stepping stones the sport has to go through. No one is blaming DP for having this event. The WPA is not stopping the tournament.

Sorry if I don't get it. Let's just keep playing pool and put up the facts and not get personal.

Mark Griffin
 
on common ground

ItsFroze, I do believe that we are now starting to come together, as I have previously pointed out the things you mentioned in post #76. And we have also been victim to this were we may of came across possibly different than intended. Your OP led people in a direction and I fell that now you are starting to see what may of been behind some of the earlier post.

Surely we all agree that LAW is LAW, but now also surely you understand matters with those making the LAW. It is almost shaping up like if the FREE MASON had something against pool and it is just doom to be loved by the low level citizens, and will never be looked upon as the true great sport like Jousting.

I do have a question for the Room. What type of game does Mr Anderson have? did he, does he or has he played pool?

well I say HE'S GOT THE 7 FOR LIFE
 
WPA - Ian Anderson speed?

If you can post, you might get action on that - especially if playing snooker.

I am unsure, but I believe. Was a top 32 speed snooker player ( in the world), and has played some pretty high speed pool.

Now that was about 30 years ago - but I think I would bet on the 'old guy'.

Ian has put in a lot of time and energy on this WPA thing, and does not make near enough money.

Mark Griffin
 
I’m sorry that my postings on the WPA are not as comprehensive as I would like them to be but I am trying to cram then in between more pressing matters for me.
Ian Anderson’s speed - well he was a full time pro snooker player during the games’ halcyon days. He represented Australia in the snooker World Cup. He captained the Rest of the World Team which included Jim Rempe.
He also played on the legendary Eddie Charlton Road show. They would roll into town on a low loader, set up the table and the bleachers, do a show then roll out again.
Do he has paid his cuesport dues. He does a thankless job which takes him away from his family for long periods. But he does it diplomatically and is popular with promoters and the majority of the players.
He virtually IS the WPA and even more so now because the Board of the WPA has been reduced from 9 to 6 members.
One criticism is that the WPA website needs more regular updates on items such as this news.
How about it Ted Lerner?
 
Back
Top