NY governor Cuomo announces on 2/14 pool halls in the state may reopen for business

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Empire State Development, which makes all the business guidelines on New York Forward, confirmed today that pool halls may reopen until 11pm.

This is a result of all the lawsuits against the state from restaurants, bars, pool halls ect and the falling infection rates. The state cannot justify closing New York pool halls any longer. 11 months is enough.

Please make sure your local room owners know the good news.

Buzzard II

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
But only geezers are allowed to enter. It's his plot to rid New York of old people and pool players.

3kushn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Empire State Development, which makes all the business guidelines on New York Forward, confirmed today that pool halls may reopen until 11pm.

This is a result of all the lawsuits against the state from restaurants, bars, pool halls ect and the falling infection rates. The state cannot justify closing New York pool halls any longer. 11 months is enough.

Please make sure your local room owners know the good news.
I guess the Covid is more active after 11PM??
IDK, I'm trying as hard as I can to follow the Science.
It keeps changing on me and I'm getting old.
This is old

Sorry

brigeton

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
IDK, I'm trying as hard as I can to follow the Science.
It keeps changing on me and I'm getting old.
This is old

Sorry
Here in Michigan the bars reopened a couple weeks ago at 25% capacity. They have to close at 10pm. I don't get it either. Some chose not to open because they would be losing money with these rules. The bar where my wife plays league has already been reported for being over 25%.

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
More confirmation to New York pool halls to reopen from Senator Jordan

2/15/21 “This morning I called Empire State Development who confirmed to me that billiard halls across New York State are now allowed to re-open. This is a huge win for these small businesses that have demonstrated a clear commitment to providing a safe, clean, and enjoyable experience for their customers and now they will be allowed to do so. I’m thrilled to have delivered this real result to help our small businesses and economy,” Senator Jordan said.

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
I can't determine if East Side Billiards in NYC has closed for good, I have a feeling it has. Not surprising, for it was not one of the biggest or best. I would go there when I was in the city because it was close to where my daughter and her Fiancé live. The place had a certain charm about it but I would not be shocked if it has been weeded out. Facebook page has not been updated since 2018 and their number is no longer active.

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
They have to close at 10pm.
One of my home town seniors homes unfortunately suffered badly at hands of the UK variant. All ~125 people that either work or live at the facility contracted it. Some where around 60 died. 1 or 2 workers in that mix.

The above threw my region into a lockdown, and we have just been dialed back to minimal openings. Bars, pool rooms, restaurants are opened at extremely limited numbers and I believe need to be closed by 10pm.

The logic (used loosely) is that beyond 10pm the odds increase exponentially that the patrons will become drunk and break social distancing and mask guidelines.

De420MadHatter

SicBiNature
Silver Member
Here in Michigan the bars reopened a couple weeks ago at 25% capacity. They have to close at 10pm. I don't get it either. Some chose not to open because they would be losing money with these rules. The bar where my wife plays league has already been reported for being over 25%.
The fact these Karen's are reporting people is absurd!

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can't determine if East Side Billiards in NYC has closed for good, I have a feeling it has. Not surprising, for it was not one of the biggest or best. I would go there when I was in the city because it was close to where my daughter and her Fiancé live. The place had a certain charm about it but I would not be shocked if it has been weeded out. Facebook page has not been updated since 2018 and their number is no longer active.
Last Google review was 4mos ago.

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
Last Google review was 4mos ago.
Interesting. I fairly sure they shut down as early as March. They have also dumped their Instagram page that they had been using.
Anyway my kids can get to Steinway Billiards in roughly the same time from their area. IMHO its a much better room with great events and better atmosphere. I have a feeling a little cheaper also, the rooms in the city need to charge a premium to make things work.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
One of my home town seniors homes unfortunately suffered badly at hands of the UK variant. All ~125 people that either work or live at the facility contracted it. Some where around 60 died. 1 or 2 workers in that mix.

The above threw my region into a lockdown, and we have just been dialed back to minimal openings. Bars, pool rooms, restaurants are opened at extremely limited numbers and I believe need to be closed by 10pm.

The logic (used loosely) is that beyond 10pm the odds increase exponentially that the patrons will become drunk and break social distancing and mask guidelines.
I wonder if the people making these decisions have ever been in a sports bar on the weekend where everybody is falling down drunk by 3pm lol.

Hell, we usually don't go out till 10, 11 and sometimes later and normally sober at that point