OB Cues DigiCue BLUE - Official Passaround Reviews

shanesinnott

Follow Through
Silver Member
DigiCue BLUE Update! The first batch of 1,000 DigiCue BLUE's (which are all sold!!) are on a truck and on the way to us. We expect to receive them on Friday November 17th and then turn them around and ship them out the same day to everyone that has them on pre-order. If you haven't ordered a DigiCue BLUE yet or want more information about what it is, you can check it out on our website here: https://www.obcues.com/products/Dig...oth®-Technology-and-iOS-and-Android-Apps.html

If you have ordered one already, you can now download the FREE DigiCue app:

iOS (Apple App Store) downloaded link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/digicue/id1240311785?ls=1&mt=8

Android (Google Play Store) downloaded link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.obcues.digicue&hl=en

DigiCue BLUE Shipping Out.jpg

DigiCue BLUE Box Shipping Out.jpg

DigiCue BLUE Quick Start Guide Shipping Out.jpg

WillyCornbread

Break and One
Silver Member
Sweet! I'm looking forward to getting mine...

For the next revision, I suggest a mode where it electrocutes the individual in addition to the buzz, maybe I would finally fix my steering issues ;)

b

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was using the test one for a couple of weeks, and of course everyone I play with had to try it. Big improvement over the original. Great feedback of how you play, but I could not for the life of me get it to register my Follow Through as "good" even though my Jab was a 10 all the time. I don't know how you can have a perfect stoke not jerking the cue back at all, have the tip go through the cueball but end up with a bad follow through rating.

I emailed Shane a few ideas about the app, adding a "game" mode where you have several players take shots and see who gets the best score at the end. It's about what me and my friends ended up doing more or less anyway LOL

Everyone that saw this was asking how much it was and was talking about buying one.

nataddrho

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
hang-the-9, try pushing through the cue ball... Imagine that you are trying to maximize the length of time that the tip is in contact with the cue ball (as a mental metaphor). Carom players have a very "pushy" stroke as an example since they need maximum spin all of the time. Pool players can probably get away with a slightly punchier stroke. Remember, the DigiCue BLUE scoring was designed to cover the range of all billiard strokes, not limited to pool (at least that was the goal).

Also, don't think of the scores as "good" or "bad" necessarily, but instead as your personal value. A stroke is very personal. The DigiCue BLUE is a tool, and is there to assign a benchmark and number to to your performance, so that you can be aware, and track it if you so choose. Experiment and have fun, and work on parts of your stroke that YOU want to work on, when you want to.

shanesinnott

Follow Through
Silver Member
The first 1,000 were supposed to arrive on Friday but the truck got delayed. We checked with YRC Trucking and they are in Dallas so we are waiting on confirmation that they will arrive today. If they do, then we will ship out the first 1,000 as soon as they arrive. Thanks for your patience guys.

nobcitypool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I purchased the first one and frankly, it didn't work well at all. Trying to adjust it to the different levels was totally hit and miss. The feedback was inconsistent. I would purposefully mis stroke with nothing for feedback.

I hope the second one works as it should, could be a valuable tool. I won't waste another $100 plus though.

tashworth19191

Pool will make you humble
Silver Member
Was the shipping delayed? I ordered my from the first release email on 10/23, and my status now says it may ship on the 22nd?

b

Just checked my order and it went from the 17th, to 22nd, and now the 27th....

DigiCue BLUE Training Aid with Bluetooth® Technology and iOS and Android Apps (Expected ship date for a NEW order is 27th Nov 2017)

norest

Registered
Just ordered one on Amazon.. It shows 3-5 days shipping right now. They are selling for 117.08 on there.

WillyCornbread

Break and One
Silver Member
What the hell?

Just ordered one on Amazon.. It shows 3-5 days shipping right now. They are selling for 117.08 on there.

I see that, what the hell? I ordered it on October 23rd from the release email and paid $187 + $16.00 shipping.

It's costing me $86.00, about 73% MORE to order it direct ...and early?

Last order I'll make from OB for anything if there isn't some reasonable explanation for this. I hope so, OB has always been a straight up company for me.

b

shanesinnott

Follow Through
Silver Member
I see that, what the hell? I ordered it on October 23rd from the release email and paid $187 + $16.00 shipping.

It's costing me $86.00, about 73% MORE to order it direct ...and early?

Last order I'll make from OB for anything if there isn't some reasonable explanation for this. I hope so, OB has always been a straight up company for me.

b

The price listed is a mistake. Amazon has it listed as them selling it but they haven't placed a PO for it yet. I have just emailed them and am waiting on a response.

When the other online sites start listing the DigiCue BLUE's in the next few week or so you will see it either listed at the MSRP of $187 or as low as $149.60 which is MAP.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

WillyCornbread

Break and One
Silver Member
The price listed is a mistake. Amazon has it listed as them selling it but they haven't placed a PO for it yet. I have just emailed them and am waiting on a response.

When the other online sites start listing the DigiCue BLUE's in the next few week or so you will see it either listed at the MSRP of $187 or as low as $149.60 which is MAP.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks, a reasonable explanation as I hoped...

tashworth19191

Pool will make you humble
Silver Member
Hopefully they came in yesterday... I am like a kid in the candy store... can't wait to get it and try it...

shanesinnott

Follow Through
Silver Member
Hopefully they came in yesterday... I am like a kid in the candy store... can't wait to get it and try it...

Unfortunately no. The shipment arrived in Dallas yesterday but they told us yesterday they would be delivered today, now they are telling us today that they will deliver tomorrow. Obviously we wanted to go pick them up yesterday as it is only 45 minutes from us but they would not allow any dock pickups due to the increased holiday volume of shipments. We are doing our absolute best to try and get them to get us the pallet today. Fingers crossed!

FYI, I will update this thread once we have them.

shanesinnott

Follow Through
Silver Member
First 1,000 DigiCue BLUE's just arrived (all sold).

Goal is to ship them all out today. Thanks for your patience!

2977.jpeg

2976.jpeg

2975.jpeg

2974.jpeg

2973.jpeg