OB Cues question

DJSTEVEZ

Professor of Human Moves
Silver Member
Did the old school, original, Royce era OB cues come standard with Uni-Loc joints (or am I just imagining they did)?

I'm trying to find a buddy of mine a great "starter" cue, but boy has the Covid supply chain issues hit the pool cue industry hard. I can't find anything decent for a decent price.

THANKS!

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Did the old school, original, Royce era OB cues come standard with Uni-Loc joints (or am I just imagining they did)?

I'm trying to find a buddy of mine a great "starter" cue, but boy has the Covid supply chain issues hit the pool cue industry hard. I can't find anything decent for a decent price.

THANKS!
no. their early j-line butts were made by joss and were piloted iirc. everything else has been wood-to-wood. seyberts has a wrapless joss for 340bux. good deal.

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member
Get him a Scmelke best bang for the buck and made in the U.S.
With Schmelke he could also have it custom made to whatever exact looks and specs he wants, including the choice of joint style, and still only be in a couple hundred bucks depending. Truly customized and the chance for having something one of a kind are otherwise unheard of at those prices.

He may be looking for something low deflection though? If so that limits the options and usually increases the pricing quite a bit. He could always get a Players/PureX HXT low deflection shaft new for $222.62 at the manufacturers site (and less on other sites), or a complete new or used Players/PureX cue that already comes with this same shaft. I recall the HXT shafts getting lots of good reviews as a good value for the money. They even come with a lifetime warranty including against warpage.

Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
With Schmelke he could also have it custom made to whatever exact looks and specs he wants, including the choice of joint style, and still only be in a couple hundred bucks depending. Truly customized and the chance for having something one of a kind are otherwise unheard of at those prices.

He may be looking for something low deflection though? If so that limits the options and usually increases the pricing quite a bit. He could always get a Players/PureX HXT low deflection shaft new for $222.62 at the manufacturers site (and less on other sites), or a complete new or used Players/PureX cue that already comes with this same shaft. I recall the HXT shafts getting lots of good reviews as a good value for the money.
https://www.seyberts.com/purex-hxtsn-pool-cue whole cue for 260