Ob136

nobcitypool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Several people have asked for someone to post pictures of the OB136. I've been trying to get one of these since September, finally arrived today just in time for Christmas. The good folks at Cue and Case jumped through some hoops to help me acquire this, people should check them out if you're shopping for a cue.

These pics don't come close to doing this cue justice. It is the best looking production cue I've ever seen. The leather wrap also looks and feels good and is installed perfectly.

Anyway, I apologize for my photography expertise, but here they are.

9Ballr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looks nice.

I wish they (and all cue makers) offered cues that had leather and linen wrap that went all the way back to the butt cap.
Didn't leave 6 or 8" that were unwrapped.

Cue makers, please start making cues that have linen or leather wraps that go all the way back to the butt cap.

Predator has some but they seem to be the only ones.
The only way to get a consistent feel all the way back is to go wrapless.

Hits 'em Hard

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looks nice.

I wish they (and all cue makers) offered cues that had leather and linen wrap that went all the way back to the butt cap.
Didn't leave 6 or 8" that were unwrapped.

Cue makers, please start making cues that have linen or leather wraps that go all the way back to the butt cap.

Predator has some but they seem to be the only ones.
The only way to get a consistent feel all the way back is to go wrapless.

Way to ruin this thread. If you want to start a rant about your personal preferences make a new thread. Are those recut points?

tbayplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congrats on getting your hands on that cue. OB has really stepped up its game.

The pin looks like a different pin OB uses? It is a flat bottom pin?

Last edited:

victorl

Where'd my stroke go?
Silver Member
Sweet! If I didn't know any better I would have said that it's a custom cue from a top maker. Congrats on the pickup!

9Ballr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Way to ruin this thread. If you want to start a rant about your personal preferences make a new thread. Are those recut points?

Hahahahah you sound amazingly sensitive......lol.....

Sorry.....didn't mean to hurt anyone's feelings.

I've asked every maker out there if they'd be willing but so far only one was willing to take linen all the way to the back.

Later I learned that I prefer wrapless anyway so I stopped nagging the makers.
Was pointless anyway, as they all seemed to prefer to charge me for some pointless decoration, points, squares, diamonds etc., on the sleeve instead of making it functional.

Last edited:

RBC

Deceased

I've asked every maker out there if they'd be willing but so far only one was willing to take linen all the way to the back.

Was pointless anyway, as they all seemed to prefer to charge me for some pointless decoration, points, squares, diamonds etc., on the sleeve instead of making it functional.

Well, unfortunately, it's just not as popular as you might think.

We do bring the wrap all the way back on our Rift break cues.

Royce

nobcitypool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Functionally, I could see how some people might like it. I think it would suck cosmetically however.

gesan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Was pointless anyway, as they all seemed to prefer to charge me for some pointless decoration, points, squares, diamonds etc., on the sleeve instead of making it functional.[/QUOTE]

Nothing wrong with your first post - it's about discussing - there was a guy mentioned in the 3rd blue book Yak cues he made at least a few that went all the way back- Dan goble I think out of Oklahoma -

As to the Op that is a sweet looking cue! How does it play? I think OB has done it again! Hats off to Royce and company!

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I've seen a few makers that do wraps like that, my friend had a Break/Jump cue from Lomax re-wrapped by Mike Webb and the wrap was all the way to the bumper. There was also a post on here a while ago where someone posted pictures of a wrap done like that.
You can always ask Earl to wrap it up with some tennis grip.

Okie

Seeker
Silver Member
Several people have asked for someone to post pictures of the OB136. I've been trying to get one of these since September, finally arrived today just in time for Christmas. The good folks at Cue and Case jumped through some hoops to help me acquire this, people should check them out if you're shopping for a cue.

These pics don't come close to doing this cue justice. It is the best looking production cue I've ever seen. The leather wrap also looks and feels good and is installed perfectly.

Anyway, I apologize for my photography expertise, but here they are.

As another proud owner of the OB-136 I completely agree! An amazing cue!

Thank you Royce and the folks at OB Cues! It was well worth the wait!

Ken