Ok, really - the Searing has landed...

1pRoscoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had to start a new thread so others wouldn't think I was just crying wolf....

So I get an email from Dennis last night with the tracking number... it delivers the next morning. Woohoo!

*sleep*

It got here this morning about 10:30am... Nice little email sent, Jimmy.... :p Anyways, Dennis had sent me some pictures in process so I had a good idea of what was coming, but he said there was something he hasn't done before ot the butt and that I'd be surprised... I couldn't get it out of him to save my life, and I'm glad. When I noticed the engraving, I was blown away - looks sharp!

The inlays in the hoppe ring are actually ebony inlays.... not engraved. The diamonds at the joint are ivory inlays - again, not engraved... This is precision stuff.. I've yet to see stainless steel this polished.

I'll be taking it out for a spin this evening, will let you know how it goes, but here are a few pictures in the mean time....

oh - and I'm open to listen to any offer over $9,000... :D

219730.jpg

219729.jpg

219728.jpg

219726.jpg

219731.jpg

Last edited:

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Dear God!
Beautiful cue.
Somehow I can only imagine how sweet that wand hits.
Ross, you better become a pro with that wand.
Congrats.
Btw, a living trust is a must these days.
I can give u my legal name if you want.

badabing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Real nice cue Ross, and you gotta love the ss half joint! Thats it, I'm calling Dennis, I want a cue.

Dave

Qjunkie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
congratulations

The ring work and the etching in the bolt is purely AWESOME!

ridewiththewind

♥ Hippie Hustler ♥
Silver Member
1pRoscoe said:

So I get an email from Dennis last night with the tracking number... it delivers the next morning. Woohoo!

*sleep*

It got here this morning about 10:30am... Nice little email sent, Jimmy.... :p Anyways, Dennis had sent me some pictures in process so I had a good idea of what was coming, but he said there was something he hasn't done before ot the butt and that I'd be surprised... I couldn't get it out of him to save my life, and I'm glad. When I noticed the engraving, I was blown away - looks sharp!

The inlays in the hoppe ring are actually ebony inlays.... not engraved. The diamonds at the joint are ivory inlays - again, not engraved... This is precision stuff.. I've yet to see stainless steel this polished.

I'll be taking it out for a spin this evening, will let you know how it goes, but here are a few pictures in the mean time....

219730.jpg

219729.jpg

219728.jpg

219726.jpg

219727.jpg

219731.jpg

Ho Hum...:rolleyes: ;)

1pRoscoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
thanks, all, but the kind words really should go to Dennis... his creativity for the etching and inlays were ..... his creativity. Not mine - I'm just the lucky recipient... :p

ridewiththewind

♥ Hippie Hustler ♥
Silver Member
BTW..Dennis, the 'Ho Hum' was for Ross....just trying to poke a polar bear with a stick...LoL. :p

Personally, I think the cue is stellar. I think the etching on the butt plate is an awesome idea, and looks fantastic! Dennis has some new 'toys' in his shop, and it looks like he is putting them to good use. :)

I really like the diamonds inlayed in not only the Hoppe ring, but at the joint as well...very nice touch indeed.

For me, it is impossible to look at any of Dennis' cues, and not find something I like, a LOT!

Okay...back to Ross......it's a very lovely, clean cue...I like it very much...butthead!:D

Lisa

lord_shar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm not usually a fan of non-inlayed/pronged cues, but this cue is drop-dead gorgeous! :D I really like the ringwork.

HIRUN526

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey Ross,

Everything in that cue screams......Oooooooh Baaaaaaaby! Treat me good but treat me bad.

From the awesome BEM forearm to the gleaming half joint to the awesome inlay work to the super awesome engraved polished weight bolt to the silver rings in the butt sleeve to the .........

The engraving on the weight bolt -even the Searing Cues is centered under the "S"...

You have a winner my friend.

Last edited:

1pRoscoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
HIRUN526 said:
Hey Ross,

Everything in that cue screams......Oooooooh Baaaaaaaby! Treat me good but treat me bad.

From the awesome BEM forearm to the gleaming half joint to the awesome inlay work to the super awesome engraved polished weight bolt to the silver rings in the butt sleeve to the .........

You have a winner my friend.
Thank you sir... :p

Wow, when you describe it like that, kinda makes my pants twitch....

speaking of the silver rings - I have never seen rings this tight... meaning not even a line between them from glue or anything... crazy...

pooldogue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
1pRoscoe said:

*sleep*

219730.jpg

219729.jpg

219728.jpg

219726.jpg

219731.jpg
Geez Rosco, i still think i would rather have one of those "other 300.00 cues" instead of this Searing cue........:rolleyes:
The most beautiful high/low end cue ive ever seen................:)

alpine9430

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That is a very sharp cue. Nothing like a Hoppe cue for a classical look. Love it immensely.
Myron

JimmyRayK

Gina collector
Silver Member
Wow, simple elegance.

Nothing Dennis ever does will shock me, though. I've never seen a cuemaker with such a drive for perfection. What he comes up in the future will be scary good. I can't wait to see it.

Congratulations on a great cue,
Jimmy

SSach

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Amazin

Even Dennis's simple cues show his great skills as a cuemaker. I can't wait for the call when he is ready to start on my cue...

Congrats on a fine cue.

zeeder

Will queue for cues
Silver Member
It's amazing how much that little S adds to the aesthetics of the cue! I really like the inlays and with the great figure of the BE you don't really need points or other inlays. That being said, when my name finally bubbles to the top I will definitely be getting one with points!