OK you Diamond Table Fans - Here is a triva question

Pinnacle ???

It was not BrunswickWest for sure.
Or Brunswickwannabe.
 
Last edited:
Cock? ****?

Am I even close?

Edit. I tried to guess "****" but apparently it only says four little stars.
 
Last edited:
Posted by Greg in 04 on Billiards Digest........


Chris,
I'd like to use another word instead of *invented* you could say developed or participated or caused the development of the 860 cloth and be quite correct. I had nothing to do with the development of the 760 thiugh.

This all started in 1987 at the Lexington All Star tournament where I first displayed my then call PBATE pool table. PBATE (Professional Billiards Association Tournament Equipment) was later named Diamond.

I had a contrac with the then called men's association called the PBA (Professional Billiards Association) which I had duties of producings products for the PBA in which I was paid a Royalty on these products of 20% of the Income the produced for the assoc. .....

In 1987 I took the then 760 Simonis cloth to the Lex. Tourny and about got my head chewed off....Many players had never played on the 760, being used to the old Mali, Forcemann, Stevens or Charles House cloths that were much slower, the ones that some of the older folks may remember that always had fuzz balls when it was first new.

Any way the words slow and fast didn't make much sence to me because whats slow to you may be fast to me depending on what part of the country you were from, humidity etc.. The players on the board asked me to try and come up with something between the two speeds the 760 and the rest.

I worked with two companies to try and produce what the players requested. One was the Milliken Company and the other was Simonis thru the American Distributer Hank Hayes. The Milliken Company who was much larger and had a great R&D Department created an aluminum ramp, called a Stimp meater like in golf that would hold the ball with suction at the top of the ramp and when released one could measure the distance the ball rolled on the table not hitting the rail and establish numbers for various cloths.

Simonis 760 came in at 40 inches off the ramp and the other clothes previously mentioned came in anywhere form 20 to 25 inches off the ramp. This in other word is quite a difference say a 2 railer verses a 4 railer. Cloths were developed by both companies and the best $ offer to the asso. and best cloth turned out to be the 860. I then had a contrac produced where the assoc. would receive money on each yard of cloth sold and all sanctioned events would use the 860 in their tournaments exclusively.

I got my first two checks from the assoc. which had a man called Don Macky in charge then ended up in court for the next several years. Got a judgement but couldn't get blood out of a turnip. nuff said....I still have the aluminum ramp and learned a valuable lesson.

I should have had my contrac with Simonis directly not an assoc with a crook in charge! Other products were started including the now called Super Aranith Pro balls. Another story! Tired! Not even going to spell cast this post or proof read. See how it goes......Greg/Diamond
 
Post

Wish I could/would get a kickback in every yard if simonis I've purchased.... Christmas would of been a lot easier'



Rob.M
 
Pinnacle ???

It was not BrunswickWest for sure.
Or Brunswickwannabe.
Pinnacle is my guess too. I was told these were the forerunners of diamond. The one I used to play on had very similar construction as a diamond, but the leather pockets were not low profile like the ones now.
 
Back
Top