Old faces and players in this video! check

Great video and the perfect song to go with it. Thanks for sharing.

Southpaw
 
asbani said:
Alot of great players of old,these photos were taken by Bill Porter, and Mike Haines. I took their permission to post it here, so enjoy!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_Ws1KXqA-40
Actually, ALL the photos in that video were taken by Mike Haines at the Reds tournaments in Houston, TX in 1983 and 1984. The photos were "lifted" from our Smugmug galleries without our permission. Other than that, it's a nice video.:(
 
Well I see in order that I can recognize, dupes ignored maybe

Buddy H
Lou Butera
UJ Puckett
Danny Medina?
Grady
Ronnie Allen
Rempe
Louie Roberts
Keith
Steve Cook?
Mike Massey?
Miz
Cowboy JM
J Reid?
Scott Smith????
Mike Sigel
Hwrd Vickory
Beanie?

I missed at least 10 fellas and some of the above especially the ? ones are probably wrong. Lets have some help. I know Jay can fill in most.
 
Fragged said:
Well I see in order that I can recognize, dupes ignored maybe

Buddy H
Lou Butera
UJ Puckett
Danny Medina?
Grady
Ronnie Allen
Rempe
Louie Roberts
Keith
Steve Cook?
Mike Massey?
Miz
Cowboy JM
J Reid?
Scott Smith????
Mike Sigel
Hwrd Vickory
Beanie?

I missed at least 10 fellas and some of the above especially the ? ones are probably wrong. Lets have some help. I know Jay can fill in most.
Here's some help: go to our Smugmug site (billporter.smugmug.com) and the photos will have captions identifying the players.:)
 
BillPorter said:
Actually, ALL the photos in that video were taken by Mike Haines at the Reds tournaments in Houston, TX in 1983 and 1984. The photos were "lifted" from our Smugmug galleries without our permission. Other than that, it's a nice video.:(
Hi Bill,i actually put this together,im sorry i didnt ask for permission for the photos,i will remove the video if you like,i put it together the other day when i saw your video and wanted to add some Doors music but figured putting together a new one instead of using the old one would be better.I posted it up and meant to send you a PM to check it out and if you didnt like it i would remove it,it was more of a tribute to your work,i posted that it was from you and also a link to your site and gave credit where do.Again i apologize.
 
Fast Lenny said:
Hi Bill,i actually put this together,im sorry i didnt ask for permission for the photos,i will remove the video if you like,i put it together the other day when i saw your video and wanted to add some Doors music but figured putting together a new one instead of using the old one would be better.I posted it up and meant to send you a PM to check it out and if you didnt like it i would remove it,it was more of a tribute to your work,i posted that it was from you and also a link to your site and gave credit where do.Again i apologize.
Check your inbox.
 
jay helfert said:
That was great. I could name them all from beginning to end.

The one with Butera, Puckett, and Johnny Roberts nearly had me in tears. Johnny was a dear friend of mine from Lubbock Texas. He is gone now and dearly missed.

The one of Red, Ronnie, and Eddie is impressive too. What A trio to draw to. I'll take that trio against any other and you cann pick from the field.
 
Fast Lenny said:
Video deleted.
Just to be clear, I did not ask for the video to be deleted. I was mainly concerned that Mike Haines get photo credit as he took ALL the photos that were used in the video. I just sent a PM to Fast Lenny saying that at this point I didn't see any need to delete the video. Heck, I kind of liked it. I did ask Fast Lenny to send Mike an email to apologize to him.:)
 
ironman said:
The one with Butera, Puckett, and Johnny Roberts nearly had me in tears. Johnny was a dear friend of mine from Lubbock Texas. He is gone now and dearly missed.

The one of Red, Ronnie, and Eddie is impressive too. What A trio to draw to. I'll take that trio against any other and you cann pick from the field.
You know, I haven't been able to identify the third man in that photo - not until I saw your post. I just changed the caption on the photo, which changes its position in the gallery as the photos are arranged alphabetically by caption. Check and make sure I have it right. Here is a link: http://billporter.smugmug.com/gallery/1411489#71488040

At least now your friend is properly identified in that gallery.
 
BillPorter said:
You know, I haven't been able to identify the third man in that photo - not until I saw your post. I just changed the caption on the photo, which changes its position in the gallery as the photos are arranged alphabetically by caption. Check and make sure I have it right. Here is a link: http://billporter.smugmug.com/gallery/1411489#71488040

At least now your friend is properly identified in that gallery.

Thank you very much.

Johnny would be appreciative and honored. He was such a great guy.

Johnny died back in 92 due to complications with his Diabetes. He never, never quit smiling though. He never quit giving either.

Thanks Bill.
 
Back
Top