OMGWTF Blog

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
I just got finished reading OMGWTF's blog. Part of the blog this week is about the multiple buses she had to take whenever she went to a qualifier tournament in Arizona from Los Angeles. These trips were made in the night to early morning hours waiting for buses in some of the worst
neighborhoods in those areas.

I've never been afraid of much in my lifetime (probably the booze) but I don't think I would do that to go to a job so I could eat, much less to a pool tournament. She has to really love the game, be brave as hell, and probably walks to the beat of a different drum. I have a lot of respect for her.

I'd ask her to send me a picture of her at a pool table with cash on it and a gun somewhere in sight for the cover of my next novel in the Corina Molloy series but I don't think a dark-haired Asian chick would work for a red headed Irish one. Johnnyt

Hierovision

Dios mio, man.
Silver Member
If she ever went through the phoenix greyhound I definitely know what she deals with. The terminal isn't that bad but the people there are at maximum levels of ghetto lol. My memories of that place are of 2003, and I imagine it has only gotten worse.

You could always write a book loosely based on her. Unassuming cubicle jockey by day, pool hall gladiator by night. The story of Ms. Huang. lol.

cubc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Everytime she makes a new entry on her blog pertaining to anything pool related you post on this forum for it Johnnyt. Why? is she the daughter you always wanted or something?

Last edited:

olauzon

HANK THE TANK
Silver Member
cubc said:
or something?

<khachang> bingo !

if you don't see the attraction in her character, and you don't, then you should wear a glove as you shoot pool.

APA7

STRAIGHT POOL SUPERMAN
Silver Member
cubc said:
Everytime she makes a new entry on her blog pertaining to anything pool related you post on this forum for it Johnnyt. Why? is she the daughter you always wanted or something?

Sumbody iz a bitter little boy :p :eek: :rolleyes:

Brian

cubc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The internet is a wonderful thing. You can be totally opposite of what you're really like. Write stories however you want them to be told. People that dont even know you will believe you and like you even though the stories and the online persona presented are inaccurate yet at the same time defended by people who really dont even know the person who wrote it regardless of what others who do in fact know the writer have to say. People across the nation will attest to ones character even though at most they've met briefly and perhaps had a drink. We all know noone can put on a facade for a short period of time.

It's not nerves and it's also not a hidden fact I despise her. I make that pretty obvious. I just wish the match would happen already so I can buy a new 9' table for my new house with her money from a match that she caused by running her mouth. However with less than a month to go I'm sure I'll survive.

But the simple fact is everytime she makes any mention of pool Johnnyt comes running here to start a thread immediately as if people dont already know of her blog. I love Johnny's posts and hes a funny character but I think starting a thread for every post of hers that's pool related is a bit ridiculous just as I'm sure there are some who think me calling it out is just as ridiculous.

I love cornerstone custom cues. Should I make a new thread everytime he adds a new cue? I'm sure I could but I also think that would be a bit overboard. That's all I was saying here.

But for the record I still read her blog because the stories do paint quite a picture and make for good reading. She is a great writer. Whether she can play a lick or not wouldn't matter to me and I would actually be glad if she were paid to write stories in the future covering actual sponsored pool events. I believe that would be an asset to pool myself. Do I believe all her blog stories? That doesnt matter. It doesnt have to always be believable to enjoy. But I know what shes really like and so do many others.

olauzon

HANK THE TANK
Silver Member
you're saying it all somewhere in your post.

johnny checks her blog and lets us know when there's an update, and it's great. it's one post out of 68 that will see life today. question coco cowboys irrelevant 11 about nothing and won't say squat.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
started to post a link myself

There was discussion about her riding the bus on this forum fairly recently. Indeed that could be what inspired her to write about it.

No doubt that she writes well and writes to entertain. Just posting a bus schedule wouldn't be much fun for any of us. The fact remains that everything about riding a bus sucks. I rode one once because I needed to move two vehicles 125 miles. The trip in my truck took two hours. The one on the bus was closer to six hours to go that 125 miles stopping in towns that I never noticed even existed passing through them twice a week.

I was a 6'2" 225 pound male that lived in the rougher places at the time so the people didn't intimidate me. With a fair amount of hair and a lot of beard I looked a lot more like a mugger than a potential muggee. Stink of the folks with less than perfect hygiene in close quarters was an annoyance and that and the ridiculous amount of time to go a short distance were the reasons I never rode a bus again.

Like her, hate her, think her stories are exaggerated or not, the bare facts that she made journeys over and over in a bus to compete says a lot about her desire and courage. I have drug in just in time to wet my hair down and hit the job a few times too. It got some comments with me being a man. I suspect imaginations run somewhat wilder when a women comes to work looking and smelling like something the cat just drug in.

She may be a Walter Mitty type, she may be a total b!tch in real life, she may be exactly what she claims to be. Regardless, her heart and desire to compete earn my respect. She obviously is a competitor.

Hu

Last edited:

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
cubc said:

I have three lovely daughters of my own thanks. One of which is a kick boxer and not afraid of anything that I know of. So I guess in a sense she reminds me of one of my daughters. Johnnyt

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wonder what she'll write about if she beats you! :eek: :D I wouldn't order your new table just yet...unless you already have the money in total! I don't think you have any particular edge in this match...but we'll see! :D

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

cubc said:
It's not nerves and it's also not a hidden fact I despise her. I make that pretty obvious. I just wish the match would happen already so I can buy a new 9' table for my new house with her money from a match that she caused by running her mouth. However with less than a month to go I'm sure I'll survive.

cubc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I dont have an edge in this match. Taking the game at face value I'm giving her a spot. So the edge does go to her by default. Sure wonder what her "creative" spin will be after she loses though. Perhaps a nice huge picture of some food she previously ate that was the culprit or something?

Ant812

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
are you's two going to shake hands when your done?..being that you both hate each other.
i dont know that i would want to be in that type of match, i think the hate factor would end up throwing me out of my game.

DeadPoked

Inadequate User
Silver Member
cubc you are just making yourself look small & classless by making these comments. I don't understand how you cannot see this, and if you do, why make these post?

cubc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A match is a match. I'll shake her hand with no problem. I believe in professionalism to the fullest. Doesnt mean i wont talk a little shit here on the forums in the mean time, but I will be a gentleman and show respect come match time to all involved.

noRulez

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There have been a few over-the-top comments made, but other than that, this is just an interesting little showdown. I don't think Cubc is being classless with a little internet trash talking. It's not like it hasn't been done before. Would you rather they acted as if they were going to a tea party together? That wouldn't be very exciting. Props to both parties for having balls the size of grapefruits. My money is on cubc. :D

Cuebacca

________
Silver Member
cubc said:
I'd prefer not to relive all the drama that occured months ago and just play the match and move on. So all you drama queens just drop it.

I guess you had a change of heart! :eek:

Cuebacca

________
Silver Member
noRulez said:
I believe he was referring to the drama that ensued after the first time they played.

OK. I guess you've categorized the drama into finer divisions than I have. ;)

noRulez

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cuebacca said:
Maybe you've categorized the drama into finer divisions than I have. ;)

Well, think about it...if he didn't want some drama, he wouldn't be playing in this match and that'd be no fun. :D