On target break tip

Gilbertfan81

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wanted to give a review of a new break tip I put on my cue three weeks ago. I ran in to jaden from this forum in Memphis at high pockets a few weeks ago. He introduced me to his product the on target tips . I was skeptical but decided I had nothing to lose since I've been in a breaking slump for at least two months. So I bought one. A few days later I had my cue repair guy install the tip. He is very knowledgeable and attentive to detail, he commented how high quality they were and extremely hard to cut because of their construction. Well I tried them and I'm a believer. The cue ball control is excellent. I feel as though it has increased my break speed at least 10 to 15 percent. Also Kevin is very personable and a good player. Try these tips and you shouldn't be disappointed. Thanks Kevin .

SCCues

< Searing Twins
Silver Member
I wanted to give a review of a new break tip I put on my cue three weeks ago. I ran in to jaden from this forum in Memphis at high pockets a few weeks ago. He introduced me to his product the on target tips . I was skeptical but decided I had nothing to lose since I've been in a breaking slump for at least two months. So I bought one. A few days later I had my cue repair guy install the tip. He is very knowledgeable and attentive to detail, he commented how high quality they were and extremely hard to cut because of their construction. Well I tried them and I'm a believer. The cue ball control is excellent. I feel as though it has increased my break speed at least 10 to 15 percent. Also Kevin is very personable and a good player. Try these tips and you shouldn't be disappointed. Thanks Kevin .

Would you rate it above a Samsara break tip?

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
thanks for the kind words and good review.

Thanks for the review. While developing my other tips I discovered this material and decided to try it as a super hard tip and a jump break tip.

I honestly couldn't the believe difference. I have always liked hard tips. I even paid $18 wholesale for a tip in the mid nineties that was made from compressed spidersilk. They didn't stick around because the market at the time couldn't support that high a price for tips.

This tip is extremely hard but still has enough grip to be used as a playing tip.

I use it on my former playing cue and mainly use it as a break cue but can also play with it.

I'm finalizing the design for my other tips still but this one is ready to go.

When selling them individually I've been charging $15 but they will actually be less when officially on the market.

I've sent a few to renfro for cor and other testing. If he hadn't received them yet he should shortly.

Thanks again for the review.

I'm at the airport now going to San Antonio so if anyone in town wants to try out my tips let me know. Sunday I'll be heading to Albuquerque.

Jaden

Last edited:

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
Just completed Shore D testing...

I just completed some shore D testing on my jump break. It is 88 on the Shore D hardness scale.

Jaden

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
To compare I also tested phenolic and G-10

Phenolic tested at 95 and G-10 at 97

Jaden

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I use a sledgehammer with the phenolic tip, or my white diamond tipped diveney breakeR and got to try jaden' tip earlier this week.

DeFinitely felt far moRe controllable than either of the 2 I own.

$20 for a break tip is expensive? Not sure li agree, when you look at it from a useable life span perspective. My white diamond is a decade old, I do believe.

Donny Lutz

Ferrule Cat
Silver Member
Leather?

Thanks for the review. While developing my other tips I discovered this material and decided to try it as a super hard tip and a jump break tip.

I honestly couldn't the believe difference. I have always liked hard tips. I even paid $18 wholesale for a tip in the mid nineties that was made from compressed spidersilk. They didn't stick around because the market at the time couldn't support that high a price for tips.

This tip is extremely hard but still has enough grip to be used as a playing tip.

I use it on my former playing cue and mainly use it as a break cue but can also play with it.

I'm finalizing the design for my other tips still but this one is ready to go.

When selling them individually I've been charging $15 but they will actually be less when officially on the market.

I've sent a few to renfro for cor and other testing. If he hadn't received them yet he should shortly.

Thanks again for the review.

I'm at the airport now going to San Antonio so if anyone in town wants to try out my tips let me know. Sunday I'll be heading to Albuquerque.

Jaden

Are they leather?

twal

"W"
Silver Member
The cue ball control is excellent. I feel as though it has increased my break speed at least 10 to 15 percent. Also Kevin is very personable and a good player. Try these tips and you shouldn't be disappointed. Thanks Kevin .

This just sounds like a sales pitch.
So what other break tips are you comparing these to?

twal

"W"
Silver Member
If you look on ebay you'll see thousands of gadgets marketed to poolplayers because we're all looking for the edge that will make us perform better. IMO, our money would be better spent on lessons from qualified instructors than gadgets. :)

Well put.
But I am also a sucker for the next best gadget out there as well :)

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
LOL...He has no reason to make a sales pitch..

This just sounds like a sales pitch.
So what other break tips are you comparing these to?

He was just a guy at a pool hall that I happened to be at. I had him try the playing cue that I have one on that I use to break with and it worked for him.

He asked to buy one from me on the spot and did...

He has no reason to make a sales pitch what so ever. I didn't give him a break on pricing. In fact he paid retail or a little higher for it because I hadn't decided on a price for the jump break/super hard playing tip at the time so I charged him what I was selling my other high end tips as a promotional price.

So yeah, it's not a sales pitch, just a happy customer.

If it was me saying it, you might be able to make that argument, although the people who know me, know that I will only promote what I believe in.

Jaden

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
Samsara break tip

I was able to test the hardness of a Samsara break tip. Spanky had Been wanting to try my tips after breaking with my cue with the on target break tip.

He texted me yesterday because his samsara break tip had posted of his ob break cue and he wanted me to put one of my break tips on the cue.

He came over this morning and I put the top on for him and did a shor d test on the samsara that had come off. It tested at 82.

I'll have spanky post a review comparing the two tips on the same cue.

Jaden

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've fallen victim to every sales pitch over the last many years regarding "break tips". I tried all the major tips and they all gave me similar acceptable results.

One day I reshaped my Samsara tip to a much flatter profile. I started noticing a better break action and more cue ball control. I hadn't changed my technique, just the tip radius.

IMHO, break tip hardness is highly overrated. The right stroke and the right tip radius have more of an impact than how hard the tip is. Some of my best breaks were made using a house cue with an elkmaster tip on it. :)

If you look on ebay you'll see thousands of gadgets marketed to poolplayers because we're all looking for the edge that will make us perform better. IMO, our money would be better spent on lessons from qualified instructors than gadgets. :)
Without addressing a particular product...

Your statement ignores the truth that Is 'marginal gains'.

As you get better at something, further improvement becomes harder to achieve. There reaches a point where small% gains are all that is left.

Then, you must improve in very small increments- marginal gains- and when you get 1% better at a few different things, the change becomes more readily apparent.

Zkid09

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So what would you charge to ship one to Alabama for me to try??? I'd certainly love trying it. I just got a new break cue that I'm looking into tips for

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

spanky79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jaden just replaced the samsara tip I had on OB break cue with this Target tip. SO far I really like it. Hardness test was better then Samsara and i am still able to get grip on the cue ball.

spanky79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have my Samsara cut down to half it's thickness and I can tell you there is NO WAY it's 82. Triangle tips settle in around 81.

Dr. Dave's site has the Samsara rated at 98 which sounds more realistic to me.

I was standing there when he tested it.