On The Road Again with Perfect Aim....

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
I'll be doing lessons on Monday and Tuesday and even Wed if need be,

Let everyone know. I'll be passing out some fliers also. Got 3 set up already.

Thanks again my friend........

With leagues starting next week, you shouldn't have any troubles with prospecting for students.

The 9-ball tourney already has about 100 players signed up. I can't play this weekend as I blew out my back Monday and can't bend over right now (or stand or sit or lie down...:frown: ).

Jeff Livingston

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Calm before the storm at Big Dogs in DesMoines

Got there about midnight. Had fun talking to Randy Hansen, one of the owners and many of the friends I made while on my journey teaching and playing across the USA.

Jon Brown stepped up and played me a few $50 sets. Good for both of us for the weekend.

Got all settled into the Baymont , nice place.

Ray Hansen was setting up his stuff. This all makes you feel like a kid waiting for Santa to come in the morning.

Need to sleep. 2:00PM will come quickly.

Playing in the Big Foot $500 entry and the $2,000 added 9 ball.

It don't get any better than this.

great job Big Dogs...........:cool::D

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bigfoot didn't go as planned

Got here in DesMoines on Wed nite so I could be rested up for the big foot tourney on the 10 foot diamond.

Turns out there were only 4 players signed up and I was one of them.

I guess many of the players needed someone to put them in or sponsor them.

They were saying that they still might have the tournament but start tonight. If that is the case I will be dropping out. My physical shape won't hold up to playing in both at the same time. So I will focus only on the bar table, $2,000 entry tourney that starts tonight.

Should be a great tournament all the same.

Fun to see all the players especially my old friend Scott frost. Is he ever looking good. Lost weight and sharp with his thinking. He's definitely on the right track with his health with his game to follow strong. At 40 years old he is in the prime of his pool career. Look out for this guy over the next 10 years. He will get it done.

I've been working out for 2 hours everyday back up in Minneapolis where I'm living right now. I can see right now that I am not in good enough physical condition to travel and play right now. Need to keep working out, lose some more weight and practice. I can get through the little daily tourneys back home but the motel, driving and all the other things that come out just take a toll if you not 100%.

The good news is I will be staying for a couple of days to teach my Perfect Aim. I can teach until I drop, unlike playing, need to be tip top, so some of the players down hear will get a real treat for sure.

Alex, Scott and too many players to name are here so come on down and see the action.

Hell, I might even get a game or 2 and bet a little money.

One thing for sure is I won't be bashful with the Calcutta. Goona let it fly.

Don't get any better than this.........See ya all there....

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just getting over the flu..........

I must have picked it up before DesMoines but it didn't kick in full speed until Tuesday when I was driving home that night.

I went to the gym and tried to do my regular routine but quit the bike after 40 minutes and skipped the pool. So wore out I could hardly drive the 15 miles home.

I waited too long to get a flu shot. First time in about 25 years. This was one I wish I would have gotten.

Anyone that reads this better get to walgreens and get one.

I wouldn't wish what I went through since Tuesday on anyone.

When is the best time to get the flu shot? As soon as you can get there tomorrow.

If you don't get the shot and get this flu you will certainly say: Gene told me so.

I missed a great MPA tourney at one of my favorite poolhalls in the Cities, Two Stooges. John Stitch ran it and he does a jam up job.

I'm still going to get a shot because I'm pretty sure this shot covers about 3 or 4 viruses this year.

This had to be the worst one. I can't imagine getting much sicker than I was since Tuesday.

Bottom line. Get the flu shot tomorrow.........:p:thumbup:

sonny_burnett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Flu shot depends on your age and locale. Have you been tested to see if it's flu? With your health problems you need to make sure. It could be deadly.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks Sonny.......

Flu shot depends on your age and locale. Have you been tested to see if it's flu? With your health problems you need to make sure. It could be deadly.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I still got big trouble. Mo more fever but allot of damage inside that just doesn't seem to get better. Pretty painful to say the least. Today is the best I've felt which isn't saying much. Can hardly function..............

Clinic tomorrow.....Thanks again.

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not physically sick anymore but very weak.......

I still got big trouble. Mo more fever but allot of damage inside that just doesn't seem to get better. Pretty painful to say the least. Today is the best I've felt which isn't saying much. Can hardly function..............

Clinic tomorrow.....Thanks again.

Just had to cancel the Cheesehead classic in Appleton,Wi today.

What a great tournament.

Just too weak and shaky. The thought of driving over there is just overwhelming right now.

The good news is a friend of mine, Jesse from Madison, posted how much he wanted to play in this great event.

I'm sure he will bring his son and maybe the wife also and some great memories will be made this weekend.

Good Luck and play well my friend............:cool:;)

ceebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't know Gene, I met him, but don't know him. My friend Guido Orlandi tells me that he's great. So next time I get the chance... I'll be shaking his hand.

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
want to say a special thanks to ceebee

I don't know Gene, I met him, but don't know him. My friend Guido Orlandi tells me that he's great. So next time I get the chance... I'll be shaking his hand.

And my good friend Guido.......

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Had some fun this weekend in a 3 man tourney...

I got a call last Thursday from a young man named Taylor, he's 21 years old. He was a Perfect Aim student of mine about 3 months ago. There were also 3 other boys there from the Elite family. I did kind of an all afternoon lesson with them all.

Taylor wanted me to play in a 3 man rated tournament with him and Jake Elite.

I saw Taylor play at CR's and he was playing pretty sporty and was using a lot of the new techniques that he learned from Perfect Aim. I was pretty impressed.

During the phone call he told me that Jakes game had just went off the charts since the lesson. You see Jake is one of those players that I talk about that shoots with only one eye. Once he saw what was going on the sky is the limit and at his young age of 16 he could get better real fast.

So anyway, I told Taylor sure I'd play.

After I got off the phone I was bending over to put on my pants and my lower back kind of went squished:mad:. The pain was terrible. I ran and put ice on it but it's usually about a 3 day healing process when this happens. I broke my lower back in 1999 and had surgery to fix things as good as they could. But this happens every once in a while.

I really wanted to see what these kids had so rather than call and tell them I couldn't I got out the old back brace and headed to Farmington Billiards for the MPA 3 man tourney run by John Stitch.

Our first match the boys kind of had the jitters and we were down 5-1 in a race to 8. I kidded around with them a little trying to loosen them up and their games turned right around. I think I made them more nervous than the other team. We won the match 8-5.

As we played the second match I noticed something. Taylor was playing like he was when I saw him a month ago, pretty sporty to say the least, but Jake was playing ridiculous good and he's only 16. He was running out and playing shape for shots that would make most players shudder. This was really fun for me to see first hand.

This kept up for a long time and soon there were only 4 teams left on the winners side and we were one of them.

This tournament started at 12;00 Sat and now it was 3;00AM Sunday morning. A pretty grueling format to say the least.

I was so proud of these boys the way they played. Every once in a while Taylor would come back and say to me, That was perfect aim there. My reply was; I just gave you the tools. it's all you. You are the one getting it done and he was and so was Jake.

Up until now we never got to the hill hill game. Taylor always seemed to come through and win his game to give us the win 6-8 never letting them get to hill hill.

Finally we played a real good team. The score got to hill hill and I was the anchor and broke dry. The opponent ran out, shot real good so out of the winners side we went.

Our next match went hill hill also with Taylor and Jake making some real key shots to get us there. These kids played great.

At hill hill the rule was that you could pick a player on the team to shoot that final game. taylor just looked at me and said your playing. I said OK. I ran out after the opponent broke and shot 4 balls and couldn't get it done.

Now we were playing for 3rd and 4th. It's about 5:00AM in the morning and we are all pretty tired. We were playing on 2 tables to try and speed things up. Turns out that with both games started we had no chance to pick our player to play the hill hill game. Both games were already going.

I ran out a real tough rack only to see Taylor watching his opponent ran out the final rack to stop us with 4th place.

These kids played their hearts out. I can't even come close to expressing how well they played. It almost seemed like a dream. They just kept getting it done.

I wish we didn't have to start playing on 2 tables because I was having so much fun watching these young guns run out.

I recall having opponents ask me where this young kid was from. That was Jake. Most of the players hadn't seen him before.

I would always tell them back, Jake and Taylor along with Jakes brothers and April Larsen won the MPA team tournament, $10,000 added in Blaine the month before.

But when the finals came around most of the players had gone so they didn't really see these kids play.

You see jakes mom and Dad had me travel south of Rochester to give these boys the Perfect Aim lesson. These 2 tournaments were handicapped. With these kids playing so much better their handicaps were a little out of wack to say the least.

I was sick during the Blaine tourney that they won but I was right there to see what was going on in Farmington.

I spent all day Sunday in bed. Got up and watched the Packers play and went back to bed until noon the next day.

tried to play Monday but the back is still pretty bad but I would do it again in a heart beat. What I saw these kids doing was unbelievable.

These kids are the future of pool here in the Twin Cities and from what I can see their Junior coaches have done a spectacular job.

I'm just happy to leave a little piece of my knowledge with as many of them that I can.

In 2 or 3 years from now everyone in the country will know who Jake is and taylor is already making a name for himself.

And what fun it is to see these kids grow up and get it done right before my eyes.

These kids don't know how proud I was to be able to play with them and see this first hand. 4th place out of 43 teams...........

Great kids also. Just what we need in this pool world of ours.

It don't get any better than this. :rolleyes::grin::thumbup:

Last edited:

Bank it

Uh Huh, Sounds Legit
Silver Member
I got a call last Thursday from a young man named Taylor, he's 21 years old. He was a Perfect Aim student of mine about 3 months ago. There were also 3 other boys there from the Elite family. I did kind of an all afternoon lesson with them all.

Taylor wanted me to play in a 3 man rated tournament with him and Jake Elite.

I saw Taylor play at CR's and he was playing pretty sporty and was using a lot of the new techniques that he learned from Perfect Aim. I was pretty impressed.

During the phone call he told me that Jakes game had just went off the charts since the lesson. You see Jake is one of those players that I talk about that shoots with only one eye. Once he saw what was going on the sky is the limit and at his young age of 16 he could get better real fast.

So anyway, I told Taylor sure I'd play.

After I got off the phone I was bending over to put on my pants and my lower back kind of went squished:mad:. The pain was terrible. I ran and put ice on it but it's usually about a 3 day healing process when this happens. I broke my lower back in 1999 and had surgery to fix things as good as they could. But this happens every once in a while.

I really wanted to see what these kids had so rather than call and tell them I couldn't I got out the old back brace and headed to Farmington Billiards for the MPA 3 man tourney run by John Stitch.

Our first match the boys kind of had the jitters and we were down 5-1 in a race to 8. I kidded around with them a little trying to loosen them up and their games turned right around. I think I made them more nervous than the other team. We won the match 8-5.

As we played the second match I noticed something. Taylor was playing like he was when I saw him a month ago, pretty sporty to say the least, but Jake was playing ridiculous good and he's only 16. He was running out and playing shape for shots that would make most players shudder. This was really fun for me to see first hand.

This kept up for a long time and soon there were only 4 teams left on the winners side and we were one of them.

This tournament started at 12;00 Sat and now it was 3;00AM Sunday morning. A pretty grueling format to say the least.

I was so proud of these boys the way they played. Every once in a while Taylor would come back and say to me, That was perfect aim there. My reply was; I just gave you the tools. it's all you. You are the one getting it done and he was and so was Jake.

Up until now we never got to the hill hill game. Taylor always seemed to come through and win his game to give us the win 6-8 never letting them get to hill hill.

Finally we played a real good team. The score got to hill hill and I was the anchor and broke dry. The opponent ran out, shot real good so out of the winners side we went.

Our next match went hill hill also with Taylor and Jake making some real key shots to get us there. These kids played great.

At hill hill the rule was that you could pick a player on the team to shoot that final game. taylor just looked at me and said your playing. I said OK. I ran out after the opponent broke and shot 4 balls and couldn't get it done.

Now we were playing for 3rd and 4th. It's about 5:00AM in the morning and we are all pretty tired. We were playing on 2 tables to try and speed things up. Turns out that with both games started we had no chance to pick our player to play the hill hill game. Both games were already going.

I ran out a real tough rack only to see Taylor watching his opponent ran out the final rack to stop us with 4th place.

These kids played their hearts out. I can't even come close to expressing how well they played. It almost seemed like a dream. They just kept getting it done.

I wish we didn't have to start playing on 2 tables because I was having so much fun watching these young guns run out.

I recall having opponents ask me where this young kid was from. That was Jake. Most of the players hadn't seen him before.

I would always tell them back, Jake and Taylor along with Jakes brothers and April Larsen won the MPA team tournament, $10,000 added in Blaine the month before.

But when the finals came around most of the players had gone so they didn't really see these kids play.

You see jakes mom and Dad had me travel south of Rochester to give these boys the Perfect Aim lesson. These 2 tournaments were handicapped. With these kids playing so much better their handicaps were a little out of wack to say the least.

I was sick during the Blaine tourney that they won but I was right there to see what was going on in Farmington.

I spent all day Sunday in bed. Got up and watched the Packers play and went back to bed until noon the next day.

tried to play Monday but the back is still pretty bad but I would do it again in a heart beat. What I saw these kids doing was unbelievable.

These kids are the future of pool here in the Twin Cities and from what I can see their Junior coaches have done a spectacular job.

I'm just happy to leave a little piece of my knowledge with as many of them that I can.

In 2 or 3 years from now everyone in the country will know who Jake is and taylor is already making a name for himself.

And what fun it is to see these kids grow up and get it done right before my eyes.

These kids don't know how proud I was to be able to play with them and see this first hand. 4th place out of 43 teams...........

Great kids also. Just what we need in this pool world of ours.

It don't get any better than this. :rolleyes::grin::thumbup:

Great story, thanks for sharing it with us.

GoldenFlash

Banned
Good to see you working with building the young ones in this game.
They represent the future. What a blessing it would've been to have big time pros share information to me when I was young.
WTG.
Regards,
Flash

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Haeding to the Jacoby Open this weekend.....

Good to see you working with building the young ones in this game.
They represent the future. What a blessing it would've been to have big time pros share information to me when I was young.
WTG.
Regards,
Flash

Time to get my feet wet again. Feeling like I can travel a little. This will be a test run for that.

Dave Jacoby has been doing so many great things for pool for ever it seems. he's also had his number one man helping him for many many years now. Brandon Jacoby, his son. They are a pretty good team.

Don't know how I'll turn out in the 8 ball tournament or the team event but it's all for a good cause no matter what.

They are holding a Junior State tournament on Sunday.

I'll just have to stay an extra day and show a few kids how to speed up their aiming ability.

Got a cool idea also. It's fun to win something so i'm going to see if Dave will have a drawing to give away some Perfect Aim videos.

The drawing will continue until every single kid wins one.

And hopefully I can work a little with each and every one of them.

It's going to be a fun weekend.........Back on the short road again.....hopefully it will get longer and longer again.

it don't get any better than this......:D

Last edited:

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
Did Gene retire, haven't heard from him in years

He just gave a big clinic up in Minneapolis. It was on facebook the other day. He's back, he says.

Why does my spell-checker show facebook is spelled wrong?

Jeff Livingston

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Response was tremendous.........

Hi Jeff and Rhea, Did a seminar in the Twin Cities and set up a bucket load of lessons.

Went to Beloit last weekend and did about 7 lessons in Rockford and Beloit. Then a friend of mine, Scott heard I was close and said he had some friends that wanted to learn Perfect Aim. It was so much fun to show these players something that they could apply right away and bring their game up quickly. Ended up doing 19 lessons all together for the trip.

The only downside was I got rear ended in Rockford the last day I was there. Not good on a neck that just had c5 c6 and c7 fused 10 months ago. Started therapy today. Just got back.

Good news is I'm not having seizures this time. Got rear ended in 2013 in Peoria and had seizures for about 2 years. Not fun.

Got a little concussion along with the sore neck. Funny how you have trouble doing little things that you normally do without thinking. Like today I put my pants on backwards. And I couldn't remember my password to start my computer.

The memory will come back in about 3 weeks to a month like it did 6 months ago when I bumped my head.

Once you get a couple of good concussions it doesn't take much to injure the brain again.

The good news is I didn't forget anything about Perfect Aim, in fact I learned something at one of my lessons that made it way easier to measure a ball. Pretty cool. My last 4 lessons over in Milwaukee learned this short cut technique.

I'm going to head to a poolhall real soon and do a seminar. I learned that it works pretty well to use about 10 people to demonstrate how much you need to know the dominant eye by finding 5 right eye dominant players and 5 left eye dominant. Then I show the crowd that the left eye dominant players can't cut a 1/4 ball hit to the right very good but shoot very well to the left. The right eye dominant players can't cut to the left but shoot really well to the right.

How can you play good pool if you can't cut very well one way. It all has to do with the dominant eye. Once the players see this and see that we are all the same it pretty obvious that this is a big problem fir their game.

Then I take one player from each group and show them how to fix the problem. They are totally amazed as are those that are watching.

This pretty much happens with every personal lesson that I give. So much fun to turn someones game around like this.

They still might not become a champion but now they can see what is going on and can also improve at a faster pace.

I'm having trouble right now playing but I can still teach. feel bad I havn't been out there for awhile but I've been healing up from 4 major surgeries.

So soon it will be one man an SUV and the road.

Might be going to Clive Iowa in the near future............

Last edited:

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
Glad to see this, I've been away from AZB for a little while, and I was wondering if you were still fighting the good fight, Geno. Hope you feel better...

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Got worse.......

Glad to see this, I've been away from AZB for a little while, and I was wondering if you were still fighting the good fight, Geno. Hope you feel better...

I need to see my surgeon. Neck is getting worse. Doc gave me 5 days worth of prednisone, steroid, didn't help much.

Tried out a new shaft tonight. Shot about 10 shots and then I was toast.

Got an MPA tournament 15 minutes from my house this weekend but will probably have to pass.

All I need though is to get this a little more under control and I will teach up a storm.

Perfect Aim..... Next stop Clive, Iowa............

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
I need to see my surgeon. Neck is getting worse. Doc gave me 5 days worth of prednisone, steroid, didn't help much.

Tried out a new shaft tonight. Shot about 10 shots and then I was toast.

Got an MPA tournament 15 minutes from my house this weekend but will probably have to pass.

All I need though is to get this a little more under control and I will teach up a storm.

Perfect Aim..... Next stop Clive, Iowa............

The Rack or Anytime Billiards?

You and I are the same age... I've been doing yoga for my shoulder problems and having really good results. Have you tried yoga? I'm using it more as a preventative, not so much as a cure.

Jeff Livingston