One Piece Slate Diamonds

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You also got to consider if it's got to make any tight turns to get it where you want it.
Yes. Previous owners got a valley in there with the turns, is the cabinet on a diamond significantly larger? This is what I am unsure of.

TrxR

Yes. Previous owners got a valley in there with the turns, is the cabinet on a diamond significantly larger? This is what I am unsure of.
I'm thinking if they had valley in there you should be able to get the same size Pro Am in there, but I could be wrong

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I'm thinking if they had valley in there you should be able to get the same size Pro Am in there, but I could be wrong
With the rails off, and the slate out of the table, the body of the Diamond is still 87" long and about 15" wide.
A 7ft Valley is 92" long, so not to much bigger.

WardS

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So if I understand correctly, the 1 piece is not meant for upstairs, even on a 7 ft. Pro-Am. Now, I have had a few mechanics tell me they will not move even a valley up or downstairs, but yet me and 2 buddies have moved 3 valleys into upstairs bonus rooms and it is really not that big of a deal. Granted, it IS heavy, but being able to move the slate separately from the box is a big help.

My question is, are the 7 ft. pro ams truly more trouble than they are worth moving upstairs? Is the weight too much for 3-4 hefty ol boys? If the stairs/space accommodates the cabinet for a valley, would the pro-am fit?

Lead time for a 3 piece from diamond is around 8 months according to seybert's.🤬
I live in the Omaha area, I purchased a used 7ft 1 piece bar box that was on FB. I got a great price and I arranged with the seller to have someone mov it for me. I called every billiard place in Omaha and the area and I couldn’t find any takers to move it, the 1 piece slate was the issue. I contacted the manufacturer and got detailed instructions on the assembly/disassembly of the table and it had to disassembled moved to my house then reassembled. Moving the slate was kinda of nerve racking, probably not an issue for a table mechanic but kinda nerve racking for an old man a friend moved the slate but I sweated it.

MurrayNevada

When I was buying my Pro-Am I spoke to Glen about the one-piece vs the three-piece issues. The one-piece slate would have been no problem with delivery to my house. But I am old and the table will be around long after me. The advantage of the three-piece for me was that if my children want it the move will be no problem wherever they want to put it. And if I should ever want to sell it the market would be bigger for a three-piece table. Glen also explained that if done properly, with the crazy glue method of joining the slates, it is as good as a one-piece slate table. I am happy with my table.

tim913

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So what is the shelf depth on a Diamond? I want to measure my GV IV for comparison. Having said that, how do I measure it, straight edge across pocket opening then measure perpendicular to that? Thanks!

Sheldon

dontneednostinkintitle
Silver Member
So what is the shelf depth on a Diamond? I want to measure my GV IV for comparison. Having said that, how do I measure it, straight edge across pocket opening then measure perpendicular to that? Thanks!
Hang a ball against the pocket facing as close to dropping as you can, and look at how much of the ball is visible when looking straight down the rail. The percentage of ball showing is what you are looking for. Diamond says 40% is their standard.

tim913

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hang a ball against the pocket facing as close to dropping as you can, and look at how much of the ball is visible when looking straight down the rail. The percentage of ball showing is what you are looking for. Diamond says 40% is their standard.
Thanks!