One Pocket Action Match of the year!

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Alex never gets weak, he might for a few minutes here and there, but he regains his composure and stays strong. Count on that. Tony the same. Will be a great match.

Who’s the favorite? I don’t have a clue

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I just realized that the first 3 days of this match are the last 3 days of the third event of the new US Pro Billiard Series. That's too bad.

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
pocket size.., anybody knows?

Diamond 4 and 1/8 inch pockets

1628219517410.png

Last edited:

fjk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One ball (9/8) is a lot bigger spot for players that grab balls in small clumps. These guys get balls in huge clumps. At their level, 9/8 is such a small spot, I think Tony would have been better off playing him even. He's starting off with the mental disadvantage that he needs a spot.

My prediction: if Alex is playing his average speed, he'll win a close match. If he's off (below his "normal" game) Tony will get him. Either way, it's going to be a joy to watch.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Why do you ask?
Because unlike in pool tournaments where everyone does accounting and finds every penny to be accounted for, events like this are all hyped up with big dollars, but the players always seem to be just as broke after the match, as they were before it takes place.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Because unlike in pool tournaments where everyone does accounting and finds every penny to be accounted for, events like this are all hyped up with big dollars, but the players always seem to be just as broke after the match, as they were before it takes place.
i think thats a topic for another thread
i look forward to watching alex and tony PLAY
SHOULD BE A GREAT MATCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They both have backers.
They both get a very handsome appearance fee to play and whatever percentage of the entry fee they work out with their backer if they win.
Real money on the line here and both sides have posted a significant amount of no show money to ensure the match happens.
How the players and the backers chop up the winnings is a private matter between them as it should be.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
i think thats a topic for another thread
i look forward to watching alex and tony PLAY
SHOULD BE A GREAT MATCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's never a topic because it's never verifiable!!!
They both have backers.
They both get a very handsome appearance fee to play and whatever percentage of the entry fee they work out with their backer if they win.
Real money on the line here and both sides have posted a significant amount of no show money to ensure the match happens.
How the players and the backers chop up the winnings is a private matter between them as it should be.
Entry fee? With backers on both sides, where's the entry fee going? In fact, since there's only 2 players involved, why the need for an entry fee....to keep it legal? The fact of the matter is its a gambling match no matter how you slice and dice it.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
They both have backers.
Heck, they could promote this event with a million in the middle, don't mean shit without proof of deposit, you and I both know its more about perception than reality!!!

realkingcobra

Silver Member
It's never a topic because it's never verifiable!!!
Entry fee? With backers on both sides, where's the entry fee going? In fact, since there's only 2 players involved, why the need for an entry fee....to keep it legal? The fact of the matter is its a gambling match no matter how you slice and dice it.
The funny thing about matches like this, just like when Sky played Shane, everyone was swearing there was $200K bet on Sky to win, well, he lost, and where did that $200K go, because I know who backed Shane!!!