One Pocket is so slow....

9andout

Gunnin' for a 3 pack!!
Silver Member
for players that cant make a ball or think in one pocket you should move all the balls up table, have proved to themselves 9 ball is better because it requires little thinking.
B.O.O.....H.O.O. Wet blanket.

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
for players that cant make a ball or think in one pocket you should move all the balls up table, have proved to themselves 9 ball is better because it requires little thinking.

Ftr, this thread has reminded thousand of players that this game exist. I'd bet it's brought new players into the fold.

Jeff Livingston

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
9-Ball Players be like:

tenor.gif

Jeff Livingston

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
Had to shut down the 1-P tourney yesterday.

The city said they have to pay the players $15 an hour.

Jeff Livingston

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I usually play the same guy one pocket every Saturday morning.
Last Saturday the first game lasted 1 1/2 hours.
I won the game and the $5.00.
I hate to lose.

Last edited:

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I usually play the same guy one pocket every Saturday morning.
Last Saturday the first game lasted 1 1/2 hours.
I won the game and the $5.00.
I hate to lose.
I know you guys are thinking all that for $5.00.
We are just a couple of over 70 old guys passing time on a Saturday morning.

Lucasi53

Registered
After seeing Henessee at the Midwest Regional and his 7 hour 10-ball match (race to 13), these remarks about slow 1p are hypocritical. It was disgusting to watch.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
After seeing Henessee at the Midwest Regional and his 7 hour 10-ball match (race to 13), these remarks about slow 1p are hypocritical. It was disgusting to watch.
You watched in person? Was Ussery also slow, or was it all caused by Hennessee? Were a few of the games extraordinarily long, possibly caused by lengthy safety battles, while other games were pretty normal, or was everything about the match slow? Were there any long timeouts or other reasons (other than slow play) for the length of the match? Did no one managing the tournament speak to them?

I ask all these questions because it is possible this was a record-setting match. Seven hours for 25 games is an average of 16.8 minutes per game. I don't recall any other pro 8-, 9-, or 10-Ball match close to that.

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member

THIS IS A JOKE THREAD.

Our team played a really good team last week. They NEVER smiled the whole night. We're over there laughing, joking, kicking ass all the while, having a great time and they? Solemn as a church.

Pool's fun, in case anyone forgot it.

Jeff Livingston

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
One pocket is so slow....I’m taking out a mortgage for the table time in my next three ahead.