Open Letter to the WPA

What would be the top 3 proprietary things?

Well, one for sure would be contractual arrangements, to include the cost, between the promoter and, say, the venue site.

Without naming names, one promoter for many years tried to get a venue to host a pool event, and finally, after a lot of back-and-forths, they agreed. Soon thereafter, other promoters contacted this venue, after seeing how nice the amenities were, trying to get them to host a pool event for them -- several promoters, not just one.

A mailing list with contact information could possibly be a second proprietary item.

Third, agreements with industry sponsors as it pertains to their sponsorship of the pool happening.
 
Other then a personal mailing list I don't see how existing individual contractual arrangements have any bearing on several promoters collaborating to bring their resources together to produce a big event. Just saying that not much is gained for the game with everyone traveling individual paths. Again, JMO.
 
Other then a personal mailing list I don't see how existing individual contractual arrangements have any bearing on several promoters collaborating to bring their resources together to produce a big event. Just saying that not much is gained for the game with everyone traveling individual paths. Again, JMO.

And therein lies the problem. You hit the nail on the head. :wink:
 
Probably more like less than .001 for any male player. JL a different story.
Darts is on the same olympic wish - good (but old) pro/con article here featuring Phil Taylor & Tom McNabb
http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2006/jan/04/sport.gdnsport3


I attended the Charles Schwab Senior Pro Tour Championship yesterday in San Francisco (I was up there for the West Coast Cue Show). The weather was rotten; windy, rainy and cold. Typical San Fran weather. I dressed in four layers of clothing, with my U.S. Open windbreaker on the outside. It has the U.S. Open logo on it and my name as tournament director. It happens to be a damn good windbreaker and that's why I had it on.

Anyway, during the course of the day, I met quite a few golf fans (mostly older guys but some younger people too). We would talk a bit and then they would comment on my windbreaker. Something like, "Oh, you're into pool, I see." And I'd say sure, that's my game. We'd chat a bit about pool, and invariably they would ask me something about "The Black Widow." "Do you know her," or "What is she like?" No one knew her name, other than The Black Widow, but she was the one pool player they were familiar with.

One British lady was familiar with Steve Davis (of course), but also knew who Allison Fisher was. That's about it.
 
Back
Top