Original Balabushka

PRED

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Who's on the list of known makers that used Gus Szamboti fronts? You'll find the answer there.

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
I'd bet dollars to doughnuts George didn't build that cue. Too many things wrong

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Being in TEXAS:) it may well be a Richard Black. He made many tribute cues before they were called "tribute cues".

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OP inherited the cue and wanted to get an idea of a price. My guess is he took the cue to someone to get it valued and whoever he took it to bought it.

Thus the 3 posts and nothing since. Whether or not it's a Balabushka that's a great design and I'd love to own it.

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
Being in TEXAS:) it may well be a Richard Black. He made many tribute cues before they were called "tribute cues".

Richard's points were generally on the shorter side, nowhere near as long at these, not that that's conclusive.

Also, Richard used a different bumper than the standard, slightly smaller in diameter. Hard to tell by the pics here. The only way to tell would be getting a much better view of the joint rings, joint pin, bumper, and underneath the bumper. But it seems we're not getting any more pics to look at.

For the possibility of a Bushka, one of the bigger pieces of evidence against it, for what it's worth, are the joint rings. Way too thin.

There are a lot of bushka-like cues out there. This is simply one of them.

All the best,
WW

Benelli

This is a 10 year old thread that hasn't been replied to in 4 years... I'm guessing you would have more luck posting a wanted ad in the for sale/wanted section.
Hello, it's the "BushkaGUY" bumping the ancient bushka thread which makes it totally kosher...