????Original Color of Money Joss Cue

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When was the film color of money produced ? The year TCOM was financed for the production of it 's filming is what I mean to ask ?
The year that filming actually proceeded ?
When was the production released for public viewing ?

There is a dialog between Fast Eddy and the charactor portrayed by Forest Whitaker . What was the pool cue used by Forest Whitaker ( Amos ) ?

Some write this some write that .. we have the TCOM cues ..

Thankfully to Jeff and Paul !

imdb.com

Look like Forest Whitaker cue was a cheap McDermott maybe
here is that scene from the movie www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBvyB2dTnlQ

looks like maybe one of these models

Capture 1.JPG

Capture.JPG

brian v

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Are you a Hustler ? $ 100.00 question ? More like a $1000.00 !

How Much Humility costs !

Grantstew

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This will be my one if it ever arrives

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Joss-Handcr...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Left the US on April 22nd, went to Toronto, then Istanbul, landed in Netherlands a week ago, and passed through customs today, never seen a world tour like it!! USPS need to sort themselves out, they have been piss poor the last 3 or 4 times I have sent, or I have been sent cues.

Still looking forward to my "COM" cue. I like the fact it'll have sharp points :)

brian v

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Replicas are $ 1200.00 WoW !
I knew these were valuable ..I even had to read how some one put up an imitation for sale on E Bay for $ 50.000.00 and ended up having to pull that listing because he had NO prominence to detail the authenticity of how it was transfered to his possesion ..

We have the reciepts from accounting after the production rapped up to help verify transfer of ownwership .

Yeah Jeff was a genius when it came to details . I guess that is why he was so highly sought after for TV and Movie Productions . Jeff at 1 point in his carrer had even started a production company and had a storage facility with an imense amount of props , gadgets that he fashioned together for filming commercials and so forth ..

I helped him move that stuff around here and there allowing him more access when needed ..

Here is a tidbit . Jeff worked with the production of Michael Jordans Hanes commercials and .had from time to time addressed Michaels Father on a few sets around this United States .
Michaels Father would ask Jeff for a ciggarette and Michael would admonish Jeff for serving him a ciggarette .

I hope Michael reads this !

Last edited:

Mr. Bond

Orbis Non Sufficit
Gold Member
Silver Member
Replicas are $ 1200.00 WoW !
I knew these were valuable ..I even had to read how some one put up an imitation for sale on E Bay for $ 50.000.00 and ended up having to pull that listing because he had NO prominence to detail the authenticity of how it was transfered to his possesion ..

We have the reciepts from accounting after the production rapped up to help verify transfer of ownwership .

Yeah Jeff was a genius when it came to details . I guess that is why he was so highly sought after for TV and Movie Productions . Jeff at 1 point in his carrer had even started a production company and had a storage facility with an imense amount of props , gadgets that he fashioned together for filming commercials and so forth ..

I helped him move that stuff around here and there allowing him more access when needed ..

Here is a tidbit . Jeff worked with the production of Michael Jordans Hanes commercials and .had from time to time addressed Michaels Father on a few sets around this United States .
Michaels Father would ask Jeff for a ciggarette and Michael would admonish Jeff for serving him a ciggarette .

I hope Michael reads this !

Sir, the word is provenance, not prominence.

I hope for your sake that the receipts have a detailed description of the cue, and the name of the transferee ( or buyer) , or they won't help establish anything really.

Chicagoplayer

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Larry Schwartz-

Hi

I posted this in an other forum here but didn't get an answer. I am posting it here because this forum gets more views.

Does the Joss Color of Money Cue have any collectors Value and if so what might be the price range??? BTW this has the Gold Joss name on the joint and they still match up.

I know older Joss cues that still play good hold their value. Since I promised this cue to my adult son, I have no desire to sell it. I played with this cue for many years and it is still in great shape.

Billiards Digest columnist/player,
Larry was in the movie and knows where and what everything is.
He is all over the last ten minutes and is announced to play St.Louis Louie, just before Vincent and Fast Eddie's match.
(Atlantic City scenes, which were filmed on Navy Pier)
He owns Newman's glasses ;)

brian v

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sir, the word is provenance, not prominence.

I hope for your sake that the receipts have a detailed description of the cue, and the name of the transferee ( or buyer) , or they won't help establish anything really.

Good I finally have your attention .. Just a typo on my part .. and Sir there is More than enough Provenance to share a books worth . And Sir I do appreciate any and all of your attention going forwards .

I would like the opportunity to Display the set for Public viewing if given the right direction .

And yes Jeffrey R Renfrow did in fact purchase said Cues from the production co.

Now if you are truelly interested you can help with this Monumental task that we have undertaken .
For my question to all . Do you think this is easy for me ? I am a Novice amongst Monsters .
Regards Brian .

For Jeff the Best .

Now for the first story Jeff told to me his Brother .
Jeff served in Vietnam and was wounded there . He returned to the U.S. and recuperated through the VA .
Jeff took it upon himself to return to the VA on his own to talk ,reflect and witness trama that had been endured by his fellow men . His objective was to encourage these men to recover from the trama of war and become productive citizens .
He did not have to do that !

Last edited:

brian v

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Did you attend his wedding Larry ?
Whom was his best man Larry ?

Then perhaps we have met Larry !

brian v

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is this place for real ?

I have displayed a few portraits and tidbits .
Now I am thought of as Misunderstood ..
How plain can a person be about this Hustle you call a game with collectables that we cherish only to be rejected .

How many cues did Spain produce and sell in his life time ?
Whom did he produce Blanks for ?

Rockin' Robin

Mr. Texas Express
Silver Member
Just to keep things straight....the cue Forrest Whitaker used was a C-3 model McDermott. Around 80 cues were provided to whoever was in charge of amassing props to do with as they pleased.

brian v

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just to keep things straight....the cue Forrest Whitaker used was a C-3 model McDermott. Around 80 cues were provided to whoever was in charge of amassing props to do with as they pleased.

Thanks Rockin' Robin

Last edited:

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
I dont know, maybe because you just joined 2 weeks ago, you are unknown, you havent really contributed much, your posts make little sense, oh and the big one

You question the knowledge of people who havd been around and forgotten more about pool than you have

Sit back and learn from others.

Thanks for the grey rep with no comment, about one of a kind sticks. Its my first in my 11 years here.

Is this place for real ?

I have displayed a few portraits and tidbits .
Now I am thought of as Misunderstood ..
How plain can a person be about this Hustle you call a game with collectables that we cherish only to be rejected .

How many cues did Spain produce and sell in his life time ?
Whom did he produce Blanks for ?

brian v

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I dont know, maybe because you just joined 2 weeks ago, you are unknown, you havent really contributed much, your posts make little sense, oh and the big one

You question the knowledge of people who havd been around and forgotten more about pool than you have

Sit back and learn from others.

Thanks for the grey rep with no comment, about one of a kind sticks. Its my first in my 11 years here.

Maybe I do not have the time to sit back and wait !

To all that do not know . Burton made 120 to 150 cues .
Burton sold blanks to George .

Here is a clue . Why did Paul Newman stop giving autographs to people ?

Last edited:

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe I do not have the time to sit back and wait !

To all that do not know . Burton made 120 to 150 cues .
Burton sold blanks to George .

Here is a clue . Why did Paul Newman stop giving autographs to people ?

Because he died?

Ken

brian v

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good guess but wrong answer put in 00.50. Cents and try again ..

A person walked into a bathroom while Mr. Newman was standing at the urinal and urinating and had the audacity to beg Paul for an Autograph . Mr. Newman proceeded out to his wife and declaired then and there he would refuse any attempts to obtain a Autograph from him ..

Ask his wife !

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
Cmon Ken, you know that you aren't playing right. You have to ask a question that you already know the answer to. Explain to people how important this subject is to the whole pool world, then answer the question in a follow up post to prove your intellectual superiority.

Because he died?

Ken

brian v

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You really are a Fuquen funny guy there u12armrestl .. ya got any more Jokes ?

brian v

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
But still a Replica .. and It is Nice for you .

I only joined this forum of enthusiasts because of the off chance to honor a man whom was dear to me and I have to get the attention of Mr. Bond to go further up the food chain to gain the recognition to establish myself .. what ever is thought of me is nonconsequetial .
The question was asked here 2009 and well this is now 2015 .. this movie was produced in 1986 .
What can you tell me about it besides your rhetoric that can help me ?

Tell me the secret of the j18 of 1986 ?

Last edited:

brian v

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is the very most important question I Demand an answer to if you have the time to do the Reseach into ..

Why have you people Dishonored My Brother inlaw as you have through the years with all of your drival ?
He had done nothing to you ..
I seen him laugh about the drival many times , but I know it hurt him because he was a Human Being .

Last edited: