Outsville "SOLID" Break tip.. FINALLY

ceebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow is all I can say... Nothing ever moves as fast as you think it will but I didn't realize it was December of last year when I thought I was almost ready to ship break tips.... There have been at least 20 formual changes and several material changes over the last 8 Months... But I am now to the point that I don't think I can make a better "SOLID" Leather break tip.. These are a cowhide single layer which come in at 85 on the Shore D and have high COR for a non synthetic tip......

I have addresses on the following people who I had promised to send samples out to soo long ago... I will be sending out PMs this week confirming but if you see your name and the address has changed please PM me with the new address or if you have decided I am slower than Christmas and you no longer want to do the feedback please let me know as well......

VAHMURKA - Overseas
KMRUNOUT
X3dnd3X - Overseas
GRIZZLY
jemerson23
sjm300
scottjen26
CJ Wiley
Hellobaby-
Tommy-D
thubosky
sfleinin
Ratta - Overseas

I will add the next 7 people to the list that respond as well... IF anyone on the list is no longer interested or cannot be contacted I will take the next posters after 7 to replace them....

Chris

Wow, that 85 durometer won't be giving up much compression. How well does it work in the chalk adhesion arena..? If the tip is rounded to a nickel radius, is SQUIRT a problem with that hard of a tip? I have a couple break cues that need something special on the business end....

Good Luck

Magog30

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I may be a day late and a dollar short, but I would gladly test your new break tip.

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
Thanks, Chris, I know you have an outstanding product

Thanks, Chris, I know you have an outstanding product and I just happen to be experimenting with "break cues" right now.....perfect timing, bud.

Play Well, and Best Regards.

CJ

Wow is all I can say... Nothing ever moves as fast as you think it will but I didn't realize it was December of last year when I thought I was almost ready to ship break tips.... There have been at least 20 formual changes and several material changes over the last 8 Months... But I am now to the point that I don't think I can make a better "SOLID" Leather break tip.. These are a cowhide single layer which come in at 85 on the Shore D and have high COR for a non synthetic tip......

I have addresses on the following people who I had promised to send samples out to soo long ago... I will be sending out PMs this week confirming but if you see your name and the address has changed please PM me with the new address or if you have decided I am slower than Christmas and you no longer want to do the feedback please let me know as well......

VAHMURKA - Overseas
KMRUNOUT
X3dnd3X - Overseas
GRIZZLY
jemerson23
sjm300
scottjen26
CJ Wiley
Hellobaby-
Tommy-D
thubosky
sfleinin
Ratta - Overseas

I will add the next 7 people to the list that respond as well... IF anyone on the list is no longer interested or cannot be contacted I will take the next posters after 7 to replace them....

Chris

fathomblue

Rusty Shackleford
Silver Member
Dang, I thought I was on the Solid test list.

I'd like to try that and your chalk. Just tell me what I need to do.

mcsock

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good time to replace my Samari. Put me on the list please. (still checking website for chalk).

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
I appreciate all of the posts for sure... The first 7 are evidenced in the order of posts but I still have not gotten to contact the original list of member... With that said I will likely add several past the first 7 and I will see how many people that leaves out and do a drawing to get some of them a chance to try the "SOLID" as well..... Anyone else interest post between now and midnight tomorrow night because there will be a drawing if you didn't make the first list or weren't one of the first 7 on this thread.....

1 caveat.... I do have some overseas guys on the original list and I may have one or 2 in the 7 that posted first... It's expensie to ship overseas doing a give away so I am sorry but if you win the drawing this weekend and are overseas I may ask you to pay shipping if the USPS wants a kidney or lung to ship to you.......

Chris

DJordan816

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I appreciate all of the posts for sure... The first 7 are evidenced in the order of posts but I still have not gotten to contact the original list of member... With that said I will likely add several past the first 7 and I will see how many people that leaves out and do a drawing to get some of them a chance to try the "SOLID" as well..... Anyone else interest post between now and midnight tomorrow night because there will be a drawing if you didn't make the first list or weren't one of the first 7 on this thread.....

1 caveat.... I do have some overseas guys on the original list and I may have one or 2 in the 7 that posted first... It's expensie to ship overseas doing a give away so I am sorry but if you win the drawing this weekend and are overseas I may ask you to pay shipping if the USPS wants a kidney or lung to ship to you.......

Chris

Awesome, no rush I just wanted to make sure I made it. Im excited to be a part of the opportunity you have provided. I have the perfect cue right now to try a new break tip on. Im also curious if these tips will jump? Thanks again :grin-square:

peteypooldude

I see Edges
Silver Member

VAHMURKA - Overseas
KMRUNOUT
X3dnd3X - Overseas
GRIZZLY
jemerson23
sjm300
scottjen26
CJ Wiley
Hellobaby-
Tommy-D
thubosky
sfleinin
Ratta - Overseas

Chris

Chris, did I not make the "next" 7 lol.
Hadn't heard anything and I was just curious

Palmetto cue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Add on

Hey Chris,
If you have any room on your list or if someone isn't interested any longer, please add me sir!

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
The SOLID works fine as is but I still have not released it for 1 reason.... Taking a bonded leather tip to 90 on the Shore D durometer puts it on the edge of the razor... To get them that hard I am having about a 50% failure rate during final process... I have had a couple that grenaded during testing... This has me back in testing working with 2 new hardeners/stabilizers which I think will do the trick for preventing failures. I just have had zero time in the last few months to put into them....

This week is about chalk chalk and more chalk... Likely next week as well as we get ready for the Open... When I get back from the Open hopefully I will have time to devote to get these to where I want them....

Everyone on that was on the list is still on the list... I know this is 2x failure to launch but I would rather scrub a release than release something that may fail to perform....

Chris

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member

VAHMURKA - Overseas
KMRUNOUT
X3dnd3X - Overseas
GRIZZLY
jemerson23
sjm300
scottjen26
CJ Wiley
Hellobaby-
Tommy-D
thubosky
sfleinin
Ratta - Overseas

Chris

I am interested, in buying one. I already am convinced of the quality of your other tips.

John Barton
9108 Indian Creek Dr.
Midwest City, OK 73130

Ship it and some extra Ki-Techs to share.

:)

LuckyStroke

Full Splic Addict
Silver Member
The SOLID works fine as is but I still have not released it for 1 reason.... Taking a bonded leather tip to 90 on the Shore D durometer puts it on the edge of the razor... To get them that hard I am having about a 50% failure rate during final process... I have had a couple that grenaded during testing... This has me back in testing working with 2 new hardeners/stabilizers which I think will do the trick for preventing failures. I just have had zero time in the last few months to put into them....

This week is about chalk chalk and more chalk... Likely next week as well as we get ready for the Open... When I get back from the Open hopefully I will have time to devote to get these to where I want them....

Everyone on that was on the list is still on the list... I know this is 2x failure to launch but I would rather scrub a release than release something that may fail to perform....

Chris

You're doing awesome stuff with the products you're putting out and everybody loves your tips. If anyone *****es that you haven't sent out their free tip yet, scratch them off the list and send their tip to me:D

Seriously though, I think most are just stoked to be part of your process. I know I would be

Ben

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
You're doing awesome stuff with the products you're putting out and everybody loves your tips. If anyone *****es that you haven't sent out their free tip yet, scratch them off the list and send their tip to me:D

Seriously though, I think most are just stoked to be part of your process. I know I would be

Ben

Apreciate the pep talk =) SO far eveyone has been awesome about waiting and noone has been complaining just inquiring... I do tend to jump around a lot on projects... I was stumped 2 years on the chalk and woke up about 6 months ago and knew what I needed to do... I jumped on the chalk and left the break tips in the dust... Chalk got stuck on Hold waiting on molds so viola Accu-Rack SOLO gets finished after it had set for 6 months... Chalk on hold again... HMMM Medium/Hard Ki-Tech gets pushed thru.... Just aqcuired the chemicals I need for the Solid Break tips so next time we hit a change of gear they will get the grease......

New bridge design is moving slowly.... Burnishing compound... I have 5 formulas to test but my Lathe is still in pieces like it was when I drug it home in April LOL hard to test stuff with it in pieces....

Medium/Soft Ki-Tech... Softs are the hardest tips to do.. Don't let anyone tell you different so a medium/soft is a bear as well.... I need something with higher energy transfer than the soft at the same 70 durometer reading without turning down the PSI to get to 70. I could under press the medium or hard and get one.... I could use the soft and turn up the PSI and get there I guess but I have slung mud at the companies who do this so it's no backtracking and not an option..

It's kind of like layered tips.. I had someone contact me about producing layered tips.. I guess if the money is right I would be willing but I had to wonder why... At worst with a single layered tip you may hit a hot spot or a soft spot and it's going to be very very rare... A friend of mine just called to tell me he got a medium that was too hard... I laughed and told him to hit it with some sandpaper and get back to me as they all left at the same hardness... He called back and yup.. It was just like his last one that had lived for 9 months on his old shaft...

What I am wondering these days is how many people would be willing to go full synthetic??... I have several samples incoming that have some very very promising characteristics.... I made a bet that I could make a tip out of a sponge and it perform and hold up... I may be trying to win that bet just to learn some things over the winter......

Chris

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I would go full synthetic. I don't see why not? Leather is a great material but it's still skin, expensive to produce, expensive to buy and unpredictable to work with.

Can't tell you how many times we have had to scrap parts when after working them they didn't react or look right. I can only imagine that getting consistent tips, a piece of skin that is battered incessantly, has to be a nightmare.