Pagulayan 6 Balls On Break But.......

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

At the BCA tournament years ago in Las Vegas Alex Pagulayan made six balls on the break.

But he did not - NOT - get out!

He makes a poor position play from the 6B to the 8B and left himself tough.

At times this gives me hope when I hose up racks.

r/DCP
 
I'd guess after potting six balls and having shape to walk out, his heart rate went up and he just shot that a bit harder than expected. It happens to all of us.

(I mean, not when I make six on the break, because I have no idea what happens when one does that, because I've never made more than four, but you get the point.)
 
I once made six balls on the break and was hooked

I once made 2 balls in 10b and was dead nuts perfect on the 1B with a wide open table. But then the 10b slowly kept rolling and dropped - so it spotted up leaving me fully hooked on the 1b!

Made me wish the rule was the ball spots after your inning (or I assume once you run all the balls the 10 spots and you can shoot it)!
 
Just occurred to me.

This has to be the record for "most balls made on a break in a rack that the breaker lost."

I say that because there is no way anyone made 7 on a break and then lost. Maybe someone tied this loss though.
 
I've made 5 balls and been hooked playing 9-ball.
Also made 6 balls playing 10-ball and was hooked.
 
I made 6 on the snap playing 9-ball almost 30 years ago. I played the next ball wrong and thinking about it i should've swung at a 4 rail bank. My buddy ( PT109) witnessed it and the next rack i made a ball and had a tough layout as well. He said nobody gets out with that mess lol. I drove the OB into the rail and it jumped over the CB and airballed into the side pocket. I ran out the rack and said I guess I'm nobody lol
 
Just occurred to me.

This has to be the record for "most balls made on a break in a rack that the breaker lost."

I say that because there is no way anyone made 7 on a break and then lost. Maybe someone tied this loss though.
Nope, had a friend make 7 and was dead froze to the back of the 9 near the spot and the 8 near the other spot, missed the kick. BIH, end of story.

Equally amazing was it was the 8 and 9 left
 
Yeah, remember it well. It occurred at the since demolished Riviera Hotel in Las Vegas, former home of the BCA National Championships, which moved to the Rio and then the Westgate, where it will be staged in February 2027.
 

At the BCA tournament years ago in Las Vegas Alex Pagulayan made six balls on the break.

But he did not - NOT - get out!

He makes a poor position play from the 6B to the 8B and left himself tough.

At times this gives me hope when I hose up racks.

r/DCP
Were they just finished getting a communion? :ROFLMAO:
 
The cloth is crazy fast on that table. Not just new-fast, but just-put-on- fast. Cloth on a finals table should at least be broken in. Everyone knows that fast cloth is basically unplayable until you've put a day or two of play on it. Having played a lot on 760 that I just installed, it's basically just nonsense for the first hour or two. The cueball is slipping everywhich way and holding onto spin in ways that are unnatural and alien to most players. I believe the cloth in that tournament was Championship brand, which I'm told is really fast.

Trying to hold the cueball from the 6 was just too difficult to do with that angle, he should have taken his medicine and let the cueball travel.
 
The cloth is crazy fast on that table. Not just new-fast, but just-put-on- fast. Cloth on a finals table should at least be broken in. Everyone knows that fast cloth is basically unplayable until you've put a day or two of play on it. Having played a lot on 760 that I just installed, it's basically just nonsense for the first hour or two. The cueball is slipping everywhich way and holding onto spin in ways that are unnatural and alien to most players. I believe the cloth in that tournament was Championship brand, which I'm told is really fast.

Trying to hold the cueball from the 6 was just too difficult to do with that angle, he should have taken his medicine and let the cueball travel.

I think he was trying to go for 8 in the same pocket but deaccelerated.
 
Back
Top