Pattern Play of the Day

Yep, and that is why you are still a C player. I don't mean that to be offensive either, just a general comment. If you're truly a C player you probably think that loading the ball up with spin is the way to approach shots like this. You would have a higher percentage of getting out from here if you take the angles that the table is giving you. Put a little low outside on this to pocket the 7, go naturally around 2 rails for the 8 in the other corner and then just make the 8 and come straight back up table for the 9. I don't think you will find a pro player on this planet that will tell you that you don't increase your chances of missing the ball using inside. I'm not saying the shot can't be done the way you diagrammed it, it surely can, but it's the lower percentage of the choices available to you.

........................
 
Last edited:
From a C player perspective, here is what I would try:

CueTable Help



I hate to say it,, but that is why a C player doesn't get out from here. You made it way too tough on yourself. Go back and read Neils first post. That's the ticket!
 
Last edited:
Scott, as I look at it, you're right. I shoulda diagrammed it better. Maybe that's why others preferred the longer movement routes. You'd end up too thin on the ball. I know there are situations that call for this 1 rail route and I remember seeing people passing it up and thinking "omg WHY?!"
 
I hate to say it,, but that is why a C player doesn't get out from here. You made it way too tough on yourself. Go back and read Neils first post. That's the ticket!

If the C player in question sees this I'd just like to say that this is what I meant in my other post. I honestly wasn't trying to insult you. Jay said it much better.
MULLY
 
Back
Top