PFD Studios Ebony and Ivory wrapless 60 point cue-FANTASTIC!!!!

Devilish48

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
Our economy at work. A few years ago, and this PFD would have been gone within an hour at your original price. I really wish you good luck with your sale. Not only does Paul make a great cue, but he's a great guy to deal with or just to talk to.

Chris

YBA

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
All I can say is... Wow... Real gorgeous cue... too bad the cue costs more than 3 times my monthly mortgage payment.

GLWS

Monstermash

Lock Ness Monster
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Thanks guys!

I agree with devilish48. The cue should have sold for the original asking price. The problem isn't necessarily the economy, it's the perception of the market. Personally I think it's just stupid that cues with 1/2 the work are selling for as much or more than I'm asking for this cue just because it has a different makers name on it.
I know I've beat this horse to death in the past but it bears repeating that Paul makes cues as good as if not better than almost any cuemaker on the planet. The main difference is he doesn't have a certain select few members here rubbing his nuts. If he did, this cue would have sold for the original retail price or more.

Trust me guys, this cue is a work of art and worthy of anyone's collection. It also plays fantastic.

IMO, there isn't a better value for the money in the market anywhere today.

Monstermash

Lock Ness Monster
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Bump for a great cue.

The fact that this cue hasn't sold is comical.

In the past year I've seen cues that weren't half as nice and probably didn't play a 10th of how good this cue plays sell for the same amount or more.

I think some of you are missing the boat on Paul's cues. Trust me on this, this cue play better than 90% of the cues on the market today.

Monstermash

Lock Ness Monster
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Bump for the last price drop on this cue.
As I have mentioned, I can not believe this cue is still for sale. There are people out there paying $8K for an almost plain cue with a spider on it that is no where near as nice or has anywhere near the amout of work that went into this cue.

Seriously, this cue is in near new condition and is the best deal on AZ right now!

Last edited:

BradenK

My Thight HURTS!!!
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
This is truly a very beautiful, elegant cue. One of the finest executions of the tuxedo motif I have seen. Very, very classy.

This really is an awful market right now. It is a shame that this cue is being offered for a markedly reduced price, yet here it sits. I seriously wish you the best of luck with your sale. I am sure that when someone does buy it, they will be stunned by it's excellence.

Braden

Monstermash

Lock Ness Monster
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
This is truly a very beautiful, elegant cue. One of the finest executions of the tuxedo motif I have seen. Very, very classy.

This really is an awful market right now. It is a shame that this cue is being offered for a markedly reduced price, yet here it sits. I seriously wish you the best of luck with your sale. I am sure that when someone does buy it, they will be stunned by it's excellence.

Braden

Thank you Braden.

I agree that whoever buys it will be very very pleased. I feel like I have a pretty good idea of how to take photos but I don't think there is any way to position it or set up the lighting that would truly capture how beautiful this cue really is.

Monstermash

Lock Ness Monster
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
I just realized I made an error in this listing.

This is an 80 point cue, NOT a 60 point cue. For those that may ask how that is, here is a break down.

Each one of the long points is actually 3 points NOT 1 point with 2 veneers. It's an Ivory point, recut with Ebony, with another Ivory point recut inside that. There are 5 sets in the forearm, 5 in the buttsleeve, and 10 in the wrap area for a total of 60 points. Then add the 20 short points in between the long points and the total is 80 points.

This is such a stupid deal that it's hard to fathom why it isn't sold yet. We have people buying cues from other makers for much more money and not offering half the Ivory or work that went into this cue.

This cue would be north of $8K from Paul.

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
In Addition......

I just realized I made an error in this listing.

This is an 80 point cue, NOT a 60 point cue. For those that may ask how that is, here is a break down.

Each one of the long points is actually 3 points NOT 1 point with 2 veneers. It's an Ivory point, recut with Ebony, with another Ivory point recut inside that. There are 5 sets in the forearm, 5 in the buttsleeve, and 10 in the wrap area for a total of 60 points. Then add the 20 short points in between the long points and the total ....
This cue would be north of $8K from Paul.

Not to mention the dozens of nice inlays in the ringwork at all locations.

Will Prout

Monstermash

Lock Ness Monster
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
I cant belive this is still here ....wow

I know Chris. It's just stupid that this cue is still available.

I recently received an offer that was slightly less than my currant asking price. I agreed to the offer but only asked if there was a way for the buyer to make payment so I could avoid Paypal fees. I suggested Paypal gift, bank check, or bank wire transfer. The buyer responded that if I didn't want to pay the fees, I guess his "offer wasn't high enough" Seriously? This cue is being offered at about half what it would cost to buy it from Paul. It is almost brand new and in perfect condition. I even offered to bring the cue to Paul's shop (before the payment was made) and have it shipped from there so he knew he wouldn't get taken. I guess some people just don't know a great deal when they see it.

Last edited: