Philippines paradise - Year 2008 teaser (Pictures!!!)

Vahmurka

...and I get all da rolls
Silver Member
Guys, finally I managed to collect the photos (taken by my friends and myself during last year's 9-ball World champs) in one place, my pc that is. I picked the nicest of them, and believe me there are thousands more but this was just over my abilities. About 7 gigabytes of pictures I had to sort and name and sometimes modify so that they look nice.
The first series can be found here: http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=80736
I decided to provide pictures in better quality this time, so that I'm not forced to minimize them under 100 Kb to insert in the forum body. Still I had to minimize them to be polite to your traffic. The originals are of standard 3-4 Mb each, so if you would like to have some picture of that size (to make a poster or whatever) I could email it to you upon request.
Some pictures taken by me and seen in my previous thread I repeat here. Some are taken by my pals so they are completely new.

The links to the folders containing the pictures are as follows:
WPC and Manila part 1 - http://www.streamphoto.ru/users/Mikele/255696/
WPC and Manila part 2 - http://www.streamphoto.ru/users/Mikele/266450/
tournament in Dumaguete - http://www.streamphoto.ru/users/Mikele/266452/
The folders are password protected, the pass is azb.
You can browse the pages (up to 12 of them) below on every page, pressing the link. Or just enter the page number and press the button.
Click the picture and you get a lagre thumbnail. Clicking large thumbs navigates you through the folder list as well.
To see full-sized pic you should click the magnifying glass in the lower left corner of the photo.

Any comments and questions are welcome!
 
My intention is not only to post some pictures but also tease you prior to 10-ball and 9-ball events, whatever they are. Philippines are still pool player's paradise!

oh, here is the teaser for a teaser! :p
 

Attachments

  • teaser01.jpg
    teaser01.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 443
  • teaser02.jpg
    teaser02.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 348
  • teaser03.jpg
    teaser03.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 307
  • teaser04.JPG
    teaser04.JPG
    65.9 KB · Views: 288
  • teaser05.JPG
    teaser05.JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 313
Vahmurka said:
Guys, finally I managed to collect the photos (taken by my friends and myself during last year's 9-ball World champs) in one place, my pc that is. I picked the nicest of them, and believe me there are thousands more but this was just over my abilities. About 7 gigabytes of pictures I had to sort and name and sometimes modify so that they look nice.
The first series can be found here: http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=80736
I decided to provide pictures in better quality this time, so that I'm not forced to minimize them under 100 Kb to insert in the forum body. Still I had to minimize them to be polite to your traffic. The originals are of standard 3-4 Mb each, so if you would like to have some picture of that size (to make a poster or whatever) I could email it to you upon request.
Some pictures taken by me and seen in my previous thread I repeat here. Some are taken by my pals so they are completely new.

The links to the folders containing the pictures are as follows:
WPC and Manila part 1 - http://www.streamphoto.ru/users/Mikele/255696/
WPC and Manila part 2 - http://www.streamphoto.ru/users/Mikele/266450/
tournament in Dumaguete - http://www.streamphoto.ru/users/Mikele/266452/
The folders are password protected, the pass is azb.
You can browse the pages (up to 12 of them) below on every page, pressing the link. Or just enter the page number and press the button.
Click the picture and you get a lagre thumbnail. Clicking large thumbs navigates you through the folder list as well.
To see full-sized pic you should click the magnifying glass in the lower left corner of the photo.

Any comments and questions are welcome!

Mike, I am archiving all of the Filipino pictures for when those unknowns get their traveling visas approved. :smile:

Seriously, I like the pictures. I missed all of your photo threads. :o
Glad you referenced them.
JoeyA
 
JoeyA said:
Mike, I am archiving all of the Filipino pictures for when those unknowns get their traveling visas approved. :smile:
JoeyA
Joey, you have your personal interest here... you don't want to miss a thing when they come to DCC under some funny names like Cesar Morales :D

Renegade said:
Nice pics! Thanks for sharing....so, you're going again this year?
so far we are positive with our decision to go there for 10-ball event. Sad it will be depleted by main Pinoy players but pool competition won't be our first task anyway. Seaside sunbathing will be :) And of course, plenty of railbird action at One Side (and Fusion)!
Hope to meet some AZers this time as well.
 
Efren's good friend Lucky

Great pics! That's Lucky sweating Efren's match in the teaser5 pic.

Jay wrote about playing him during his last pilgrimage to the PI. Lucky's the guy with the limp.

If anyone knows him, tell him I said hello. You can usually find him and Cesar in Dau.

Yukon Ed

Vahmurka said:
My intention is not only to post some pictures but also tease you prior to 10-ball and 9-ball events, whatever they are. Philippines are still pool player's paradise!

oh, here is the teaser for a teaser! :p
 
Yukon Ed said:
Great pics! That's Lucky sweating Efren's match in the teaser5 pic.

Jay wrote about playing him during his last pilgrimage to the PI. Lucky's the guy with the limp.

If anyone knows him, tell him I said hello. You can usually find him and Cesar in Dau.

Yukon Ed

He's the guy with his arm on the black cue case. They say he was Efren's mentor many moons ago.

I played him in Angeles City, 1,000p a game Eight Ball. I had him stuck a few games until a kid brought him his cue. He started playing better than me after that. Naturally I pulled up even. :D

We did talk about playing One Pocket for 10,000p but he wanted to bring "someone" to play me. I told him no thanks, he didn't need to call Efren. :)
 
Finally

jay helfert said:
He's the guy with his arm on the black cue case. They say he was Efren's mentor many moons ago.

I played him in Angeles City, 1,000p a game Eight Ball. I had him stuck a few games until a kid brought him his cue. He started playing better than me after that. Naturally I pulled up even. :D

We did talk about playing One Pocket for 10,000p but he wanted to bring "someone" to play me. I told him no thanks, he didn't need to call Efren. :)

Hey Jay!

Now I know your speed in 8-ball!:smile: Or do I, maybe you are just making this up to get some action, hehe.

I have played the guy also, but in 9-ball..
 
pooladdict said:
Hey Jay!

Now I know your speed in 8-ball!:smile: Or do I, maybe you are just making this up to get some action, hehe.

I have played the guy also, but in 9-ball..

Next time you see Lucky, ask him about the guy he played pool with, that he met in the Angeles Hotel card room. We played in the bar in the same hotel, an upscale spot in Angeles City. We played poker for an hour or two until the game broke up. I told the poker players I had been doing commentary on the recent WPC on television. So he asked me if I played pool, and one thing led to another.
 
Awesome photo's this picture is of me!!!

w400_7e55384d584c2e84b99a97532897e2dd.jpg


It was so cold in the arena and I was wrapped up as best as I could to keep warm. I really enjoyed the trip. Brought my farther and had a ball. Paid to to play in the qualifiers and was forced to forfiet due to circumstances beyond my control. But, great time and would like to go again!

Kid
Dynomite
 
than it was Lucky pursuing us Russian team before Stepanov vs Reyes game rying to make a deal backing Efren. We replied that we don't put money on games whith our player involved, and after the match finished (Stepanov won if some don't know) we told him, Lucky, "man we saved your money!", LOL

Kid Dynomite, great I know you by name now :) Since you recognize yourself you sure remember me asking your permission to take a photo. It was freezing cold due to severe airconditioning systems of Araneta Coliseum, and that picture is wonderful, so spiritual I would say.
Great time there.
By the way I decided to go for 9-ball event instad of 10-ball
 
bump for those who might have missed it.

Those who might be interested please note I opted for the WPC instead of WTBC, so see you there in November rather than October!
 
Thank you for sharing your photos. I appreciate you taking the time & effort to share!
 
CocoboloCowboy said:
Sadly yyour 3 links below did not work?

could be because of a Dial Up connection.

The links to the folders containing the pictures are as follows:
WPC and Manila part 1 - http://www.streamphoto.ru/users/Mikele/255696/
WPC and Manila part 2 - http://www.streamphoto.ru/users/Mikele/266450/
tournament in Dumaguete - http://www.streamphoto.ru/users/Mikele/266452/

bigshooter said:
I get a page to open but don't see any photos.

Guys you should have read my post thoroughly :) Thes are links to folders with photos which are password protected. the pass is azb. Try again and let me know if you have any problem.

And study my post again to learn how to navigate the pictures better.
 
Back
Top