Photos of tables for felt color decision

cjr3559

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Simonis has an online color sampler that lets you try them all on a table.

http://www.simoniscloth.com/simonis-styles

pj
chgo

That tool is great to see all the different color offerings, but it doesn’t help much when it comes to showing the cloth under various light conditions.

I considered the different shades of green and initially thought the standard Simonis Green was took dark when I saw the swatch under natural lighting and incandescent, but under the cool LED table light it’s exactly what I wanted.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Gold, Camel or Mocha looks great on a Mahogany 4...and good for the eyes. On the second Gold,cloth since 1998,,,would do it again. I cannot get a good accurate picture of the color. It shows up lighter or darker than it is...but it is classy for playing on and appearance. The picture on left is closer to it's appearance. For some reason the right shot looks like camel. My pool is better than my photography.

Attachments

• GCIV.jpeg
    GCIV.jpeg
    139 KB · Views: 224
  • GoldCrown.jpg
    GoldCrown.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 214
Last edited:

RunEmOut08

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Here is tournament blue on my Connelly Del Mar. lucky my wife doesn’t care what color it is since it’s in my garage, but I like the tournament blue best. I did have camel on a table one time and it was ok IMO
0gDQYdn.jpg

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
I would not be concerned about cloth colors "not going" or clashing with a room.

I had Electric Blue originally (bottom photo) because I considered Tournament Blue to be too reflective. Then I switched to Tournament
Blue (pictured in the upper photo). The lighter Tournament Blue is easier on the eyes and brightens the room. I like it a lot better. I also
upgraded to LED lights - you can see there is a significant appearance difference with the lighter cloth and brighter lights.

Attachments

• Brunswick Gibson 1.jpg
    Brunswick Gibson 1.jpg
    182 KB · Views: 211
  • Gibson 1.jpg
    Gibson 1.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 193
Last edited:

Dan_B

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
My avatar,
Blue/Green
Gorina Tournament 2000 on the bed with
their carom cloth type "M" on the rails.

Last edited:

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
How is the fatigue playing on the metal floor?

Here is tournament blue on my Connelly Del Mar. lucky my wife doesn’t care what color it is since it’s in my garage, but I like the tournament blue best. I did have camel on a table one time and it was ok IMO
0gDQYdn.jpg

Rye_a

Registered
Thanks to all of you for your help and input. The table is currently unassembled in our basement and when the technician comes to assemble the table next week they will be adding new Mocha Simonis 860.

F0HyBRO.jpg

Type79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Since this thread seems to be focusing on appearance over function, I will relate my recent experience.

In the spring we swapped-out one Gold Crown for another and in the process went from a table with a designer color cloth (Simonis wine) that we lived with for 20-plus years to SImonis green. We anticipated the aesthetics to suffer but I wanted a player's color. Period.

After it was installed, neither my wife, who is terribly fussy about design, nor I had any regrets. In fact she commented "I never would have chosen these colors (white table with green cloth) but it works."

Attachments

• Brunswick - new - FB IMAGE.jpg
    Brunswick - new - FB IMAGE.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 202

CESSNA10

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Go on seyberts site then to simonis 860 and see the colors. I am partial
to camel

RunEmOut08

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Not sure if you're kidding, but it looks to me like interlocking foam mats with diamond plate design.

You would be correct. It was a great way to soften the concrete floor both for walking and playing and keeps the balls from getting scratched up if they hop off the table

Rye_a

Registered
Well, this turned out to be a little more of a saga than I expected. I brought the 9' GC IV home two weeks ago (the technician has a torn rotator cuff, so he disassembled it and a buddy and I moved it; fun stuff!) and waited a week for the technician to come to assemble and re-cover it. When he got to my house we found that the prior owner had replaced the cushions, and not only had he used some generic brand, but they were 1/8" too tall.

I guess I could have played with the wrong cushions, but that's not my style (I'm a do it once and do it right kind of guy), So a week later and more invested in the proper Brunswick Superspeed cushions and it is finally set up. I know it isn't the traditional green or blue, but I think it looks great:

72BNHCA.jpg

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Before you go with Mocha check out these two colors.

Apple Green on top.

Powder Blue on bottom.

Both on a Gold Crown IV.

r/DCP

UPDATE: Oops, guess I am too late.

Attachments

• AppleGreen.JPG
    AppleGreen.JPG
    86.6 KB · Views: 157
  • GoldCrownIVPowderBlue.JPG
    GoldCrownIVPowderBlue.JPG
    90.4 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looks like metal to me.

I get tired much easier on concrete floor as opposed to carpeting.

I think it's foam, like used in gyms, yoga, orgy rooms.

Going to get some for where my table is in, currently on concrete that dings the heck out of balls if they are dropped.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, this turned out to be a little more of a saga than I expected. I brought the 9' GC IV home two weeks ago (the technician has a torn rotator cuff, so he disassembled it and a buddy and I moved it; fun stuff!) and waited a week for the technician to come to assemble and re-cover it. When he got to my house we found that the prior owner had replaced the cushions, and not only had he used some generic brand, but they were 1/8" too tall.

I guess I could have played with the wrong cushions, but that's not my style (I'm a do it once and do it right kind of guy), So a week later and more invested in the proper Brunswick Superspeed cushions and it is finally set up. I know it isn't the traditional green or blue, but I think it looks great:

72BNHCA.jpg

The table looks great! You'll be set for years. Nice job.