Pics of my cues

Cue Guru

Close, but no roll...
Silver Member
I know, not an original thread by any stretch, but I thought you guys might like to see my cues. If not, stop reading right away!:eek:

First cue is my pride and joy. Not super expensive (when I bought it anyway) but I think it is a really classy, traditional cue, from a great cuemaker. Four points, windows, OLD wrap. Pretty much perfect for me. Recently I found pictures from his old catalogues, and it is listed as being ebony. The points in mine appear to be rosewood (butt sleeve is ebony), which is odd for this cue (but anyrthing is possible) and it is also a 59" cue, which is rather rare (but not impossible- I was offered a Gus at one point that was 59") so I think it may have been ordered this way... Richard could not put an exact date on it, but said 79-80 time frame. It is certainly early, as the points are not perrfect on it!:wink:

Second cue is (in my opinion) the best playing cue that is not intended to be played (WTF???). It is a MACE break/jump (also 59") and it really does play fantastically. I had Rick sign and date it too- just because. I think he thought I was a little weird for that, but he did it for me....

Anyway, enjoy the pics!

Attachments

• Full 1.JPG
    Full 1.JPG
    52.2 KB · Views: 277
  • Butt.JPG
    Butt.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 286
  • Forearm.JPG
    Forearm.JPG
    67.5 KB · Views: 289
  • Full view.JPG
    Full view.JPG
    56.5 KB · Views: 292
  • Signature butt.JPG
    Signature butt.JPG
    51.3 KB · Views: 287

Cue Guru

Close, but no roll...
Silver Member
Thanks...

The Mace is a newcomer, but that black has seen a lot in the last ~30 years or so I suspect.

It would be interesting to hear from an old-timer "I remember that cue! Belonged to .... back in the 80's" or whatever.

PS pics were taken shortly after I took possesion, so one shaft of each is not a prestine as shown here. The black was fresh off a refinish when I got it (don't remember who did it).

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks...

The Mace is a newcomer, but that black has seen a lot in the last ~30 years or so I suspect.

It would be interesting to hear from an old-timer "I remember that cue! Belonged to .... back in the 80's" or whatever.

PS pics were taken shortly after I took possesion, so one shaft of each is not a prestine as shown here. The black was fresh off a refinish when I got it (don't remember who did it).

You should touch base with poolrod here on AZ. I sold him an older version of the Richard Black cue. The one he has has the stitched rings.

Ken

Richardson

Who me ?
Silver Member
First cue is very nice looking no doubt. Its cool how sometimes a nice traditional cue can be awesome looking.

Cue Guru

Close, but no roll...
Silver Member
You should touch base with poolrod here on AZ. I sold him an older version of the Richard Black cue. The one he has has the stitched rings.

Ken

Sounds good! Maybe he'll see this post...

I think that first cue is a beauty!!! Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for the compliment! I like traditional designs. Many makers now want to make a name for themselves with the first ..... whatever, but I think there is no replacement for a good quality basic, traditional four-prong cue withy veneers. Maybe some pearl diamonds (i prefer it to Ivory, although I like them both) but basically plain. I really like Pete Tascarella's work for this reason- just plain great (pun intended!)

First cue is very nice looking no doubt. Its cool how sometimes a nice traditional cue can be awesome looking.

Kickin' it old-school baby... Love the traditional (fairly) plain cues.

A dead-plain (59") Gus is one of my dream cues...

I've never seen one; however I can only imagine how nice a similar plain Bill Schick might be... That level of craftsmanship on a dead-plain cue... It HAS to be fantastic. *drool*

Plus, I think a plain cue really makes you focus on the playability of the cue more. If you are blown away by the inlay work or whatever, that might take away from what a cue is supposed to be. PLEASE don't read this as fancy cues don't hit well, because nothing could be further from the truth (but it does happen).

Maybe I'm getting old...:(