Planning out the future of pool

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Mike Massey might be the last of the great trickshot artists.

I like trickshots and want to make original ones that can be performed live.

That is not possible, however I do predict a very slow progress.
I nearly fell off my chair reading this post. Florian "Venom" Kohler probably already qualifies as the greatest and most influential trick shot artist in pool history. His Youtube channel routinely generates hundreds of thousands of views. Mike Massey never had anything close to the visibility and fanfare of Florian when it comes to trick shots.

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
I nearly fell off my chair reading this post. Florian "Venom" Kohler probably already qualifies as the greatest and most influential trick shot artist in pool history. His Youtube channel routinely generates hundreds of thousands of views. Mike Massey never had anything close to the visibility and fanfare of Florian when it comes to trick shots.

You can argue his youtube stats.

But Mike has more appearances on ESPN than Venom.

The ESPN audience is different than youtube.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member

Sorry, but calling Massey the last great trick shot artist is, quite simply, uniformed.

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The level of things Venom does is off the chart. His creative use of pretty girls in some of his videos is a nice touch too.

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
The level of things Venom does is off the chart. His creative use of pretty girls in some of his videos is a nice touch too.

The WPBA was also on ESPN. And it had a variety of women.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Its the "if no one is doing it right , then do it yourself" approach.

Is that a popular work ethic in America? It might be the only sport someone like DrDave could become popular. My first thought when I saw his youtube statistics was did his academic buddies create thousands of fake accounts using computer skills to boost his ratings.

Never before has media connected people the way it does today.
People can enjoy whatever they do for their income.
When it comes to enjoy pool as a hobby, sport or culture, there is more room for enjoyment than other sports.

As adults do you really want to stand in a crowded stadium watching other people play sports?

Or would you rather enjoy the game, have drinks and snacks, have pool neighbors and be interactive?
The pool room has a crowd to surf, but it isn't that deep.

Who hasn't tried to visit a pool room and shark and fight off the sharks?
Your complete lack of knowledge about or understanding of anything pool-related is astonishing. The fact you profess yourself to be a self-absorbed, self-appointed expert is no less than delusional. Some may be fooled by your complete line of BS in anything you post, but most of us aren't.

Scott Lee

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Your complete lack of knowledge about or understanding of anything pool-related is astonishing. The fact you profess yourself to be a self-absorbed, self-appointed expert is no less than delusional. Some may be fooled by your complete line of BS in anything you post, but most of us aren't.

Scott Lee
And the funny thing? The pool room accepts damn near anybody...so you have to be a real dipstick to not fit in there.

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
I feel like you are trying to come up with a get rich quick scheme but all you are doing is throwing turds at a wall to see which one sticks.

Nothing you have ever posted here has any merit in the current pool world or the future of pool.

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member

I dont think anything pool related that wasn't a repeat has aired on the main ESPN channels is close to a decade, which is also right around the same time Florian started to become relevant.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And what is oft-disregarded... the only way the wpba got on TV was to pay ESPN to air it

typical pool act: complete 180° from a sustainable economic model. Who's all in on the loss leader and how many barrels ya got?

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And what is oft-disregarded... the only way the wpba got on TV was to pay ESPN to air it

typical pool act: complete 180° from a sustainable economic model. Who's all in on the loss leader and how many barrels ya got?
One, should I post.............................................

a picture of it?