Ivika Putnik was his name, I seem to recall, and yes, he sure was slow.
Ivica Putnik is actually how it's spelled, tho I didn't see the player that you're referring to.
He's a slow, methodical player, so that fits the profile of who you're talking about. Ivica is from Croatia.
Very tall, lean and lanky. I'd say, maybe 6'5" or in that neighborhood. I'm only 5'5" or thereabouts, so once someone gets over 6', they all look alike to me.
He has a very long, drawn out break shot. I timed it and it took about 28 seconds every time. Almost to the absolute second. He can absolutely OBLITERATE the rack, but had a hard time keeping it on the table or avoiding a scratch in the side. After that, he could play pretty strong.
Watched him match up with Richie Richeson in the Tunica action room, so with a lot of people watching that, he's a known quantity among the action players.
Don't want to knock his action, so that's all I'll say. He's no SVB. He's no banger.
P.S. I talked to him at length in Tunica on a couple of occasions and he's EXTREMELY NICE, despite his intimidating look. Actually very approachable. One thing I remember him saying is that.....in 5 years or so, we should be looking to Poland, for a contingent of young, strong players to hit the scene. He claimed that there were already 4-5 Polish youths in the pool programs over there, in the 14-18 year old range, that could have finished in the top 16 at the Southern Classic for 9B.
