Players plays safe and pockets the remaining ball on a re-rack.

8Ball48043

Addicted to the Sport
Silver Member
A player has only one ball left on the table, outside of the rack, and calls a 'safe' and pockets the 15th ball.

Is the pocketed (object) ball place at the head of the rack (the number 1 position) where the rack has all 15 balls in a triangle as in the beginning of the game, or is it placed at the back of the rack as if the #1 slot were covered by the rack?

Thank you in advance.

Saturated Fats

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
at the head of the rack (the number 1 position) where the rack has all 15 balls in a triangle as in the beginning of the game,

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... and if the balls are loose, they should be tightened with all 15 in the rack, assuming the 14 have not been disturbed.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
at the head of the rack (the number 1 position) where the rack has all 15 balls in a triangle as in the beginning of the game,
Why in the #1 position?
Rack it anywhere in the rack the inning is over.
Now there will be a safety battle.
Oops reread the post and I'm wrong.
I thought it was the last ball on the table.

Last edited:

zencues.com

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
doesn't matter where the 15th ball goes... just rack with all 15 balls and place the apex ball on the foot spot.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
doesn't matter where the 15th ball goes... just rack with all 15 balls and place the apex ball on the foot spot.
While I guess that's true, I don't think I've ever seen someone change the positions of the 14 balls that are already racked on the table. If they rerack, they just put the 15th ball on the foot spot and neaten up the rack with the triangle.