Playing the ghost is NOT EASY

white1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Try it if you think it is.
See my road to recovery thread.
Come on guys.
Surely out of all you lifetime pool players/one of you out of thousands will get with me and give one hour of your time a day to get better.
I bet most of you spend an hour a day on here-I know I did.
Why not take that hour and play.
Film yourself with lessons and share them.
I would pay for it.
Don’t say you don’t feel like it.
I didn’t feel like it tonight either, but I jacked him 13 to 10

white1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Come on pool fan/others

Your on right now. PLAY this ghost game with me.
I’ve had over 1000 views/nobody wants to play.’
Aren’t any of you guys tired of taking about who has the most sticks while they set in the closet.
I own one.
Ship Me a few of them/I’ll play with em

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Your on right now. PLAY this ghost game with me.
I’ve had over 1000 views/nobody wants to play.’
Aren’t any of you guys tired of taking about who has the most sticks while they set in the closet.
I own one.
Ship Me a few of them/I’ll play with em

I don't know your skill level or how long you've been playing but....I LOVE the come and get some attitude.

Lockdown, virus or not, we can still match up for AZB to watch.

Like most all on here know....I'm still healing from from back surgeries but as soon as I'm healed up:

Count me in.

BTW, have you not posted in the GHOST Challenge thread? If not, do because that thread doesn't get the traffic it deserves.

Oh yeah....link please???

Jeff

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
But I’ll play you some.
6 ball ghost
We’ll post with somebody
7 races to 13 for 500

6 ball ghost????

No offense intended but something tells me you got a ways to go.

The way you came out, I figured you was putting a beat down on the 10, 11 and 12 ball ghost.

Again, no offense intended. We all had to start somewhere.

BTW, I would still like to see your vid.

Jeff

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Raycharlesbrown, if you don't mind me asking....where from/live?

I'm in Florence, Alabama (north Alabama).

Jeff Crouch.

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
Yak yak yak says the mountain man.
I’m gonna just ignore all ###holes moving forward. They stink like sewer.

The mountain man certainly struck a nerve. I did not mean to bum you out.
I own the seven ball ghost on my big Diamond but have never beaten Casper at nine ball on it. I have won against him on a eight footer though.

JRake is spot on, there s a thread that is zeroed in on this game and plenty of videos of fellow AZers. It’s fun to watch other board members struggling and winning!

More power to you and your battles against the Ghost, he don’t dog many shots.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Try it if you think it is.
See my road to recovery thread.
Come on guys.
Surely out of all you lifetime pool players/one of you out of thousands will get with me and give one hour of your time a day to get better.
I bet most of you spend an hour a day on here-I know I did.
Why not take that hour and play.
Film yourself with lessons and share them.
I would pay for it.
Don’t say you don’t feel like it.
I didn’t feel like it tonight either, but I jacked him 13 to 10

Ray, have you seen this yet? There are plenty of people here who can play. We've done this for years. Check out some of the videos and post your own. Playing on a Valley is fine.

https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=504956

Last edited:

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Part of my homework assignments in the 70s was playing the ghost 'ahead' sessions. I just couldn't get into it. To this day I still prefer just throwing the balls out and shooting 'em back in.
I do know never to give the ghost the break. You'll get put away trying to buy out.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Part of my homework assignments in the 70s was playing the ghost 'ahead' sessions. I just couldn't get into it. To this day I still prefer just throwing the balls out and shooting 'em back in.
I do know never to give the ghost the break. You'll get put away trying to buy out.

I broke my back in 5 places and that put a slight kink in many shots at the table.

For the above reason I was unable to break very hard and still play....so, I did what you do and throw em out....shoot em in.

I just had my 4th back fusion and hopefully don't have but 1 more to go.

I'm hoping I'll be able to actually break after I heal up this time.

IMO.....it's a HUGE mistake to not break during practice. Unless of course you a have dedicated break practice.

Otherwise you run the extremely high risk of getting your azz handed to you when playing someone that breaks and runs out often.

Regardless of how straight we shoot, if we can't break well we will lose more often than not.

I'm sure you know all of that but I figured I would put it out there for the op....just in case he's unaware.

Stay safe...

Jeff

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
got to be careful

I made the mistake of giving the ghost alternating breaks. My money has been on the light for three years so far!

Hu

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I made the mistake of giving the ghost alternating breaks. My money has been on the light for three years so far!

Hu

Hu, you know good and well that you've give the ghost more than his share of beat downs.

Casper's first cousin Whitey had to get counseling over the beating you put on him.

Jeff

white1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you j rake

For being nice. The world needs more of it. And for sharing the sticky.
I was unaware.
I’m gonna be quiet/just keep grinding posting daily reports to my post.
Thx again

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For being nice. The world needs more of it. And for sharing the sticky.
I was unaware.
I’m gonna be quiet/just keep grinding posting daily reports to my post.
Thx again

Your welcome sir.

But one thing.....DON'T BE QUIET.....

Yes, what you said is true we need nice folks and all but to be a good pool player you HAVE to have a great amount of confidence.

Of course there are many more variables to be considered such as your stance, stroke etc etc...etc but NONE of.them matter if you don't have confidence when you walk to the table.

By all means join the ghost thread but don't feel the need to stop posting your game here.

We need a break from:

Whts the best tip

Jeff