Please help me post pics....Table identification

simplestroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have taken pictures of a table I would like to try and have identified but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to transfer them to a post. Could I please e-mail these pics to someone who could possibly post them for me or help me identify the table? The table came out of a pool hall in 1964 and I haven't seen anything like it. Thanks!

btoneill

Keeper of the Cheese
Silver Member
Upload them to something like imgur.com, then use the link to the photo there to put into the URL it askes for in the "Insert Image" box when you edit a message.

I can also do it if you can't figure it out, but best for long term use to DIY :)

Brian

simplestroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks, I'll give it a try tonight otherwise I'll pm you for an e-mail where I could send you the pics...

reverend

Table Mechanic
Silver Member
Here is a quick rundown as to how to attach a picture you have stored on your computer.

After clicking to reply to a post in a thread -
pic1.jpg

Once you have clicked on the paper clip button, a window will pop up. That is your manage attachments window. Click on the 'Browse' button.
pic2.jpg

This will bring up the file upload window. Browse for the picture that you have saved. From your camera or other device. Then click the 'Open' button. In this case I have a pool ball.
pic3.jpg

This now brings you back to the 'Manage attachments' window. You will see the file path to your image in the top box. Click 'Upload'.
pic4.jpg

After a few seconds, your image file name will appear below and will be uploaded and ready to insert in a post. Close this window.
pic5.jpg

reverend

Table Mechanic
Silver Member
Now click on the drop down arrow next to the paper clip and click on the file you uploaded. This will insert the image in the post.
pic6.jpg

After finishing your post. Click on the preview post button at the bottom to view your post and image location.
pic7.jpg

Good luck

PoolTable911

AdvancedBilliardSolutions
Silver Member
Zach..That was great. They should have that as a sticky on the main forum.:thumbup:

Mr. Bond

Orbis Non Sufficit
Gold Member
Silver Member
yes, someone please add it to the "when asking questions about a pool table" thread...

It should be mentioned however, that when using the method described above, there is a significant limit to the file size. (you will have to shrink the average photo if its fresh out of the camera)

PoolTable911

AdvancedBilliardSolutions
Silver Member
The table is a Victor. They were made in Philadelphia, PA. The are built like a tank. It has t-rails also.

simplestroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks! I've never heard of Victor tables. What are T-rails? This table has a lot of sentimental value to me and I have thought about giving it a slight overhall (new cushions, tighter pockets/shelf adjustment). Would this be a huge project? From a quality stand point would this be the type of table worth putting some work into to get it playing tip top? This wouldn't be for a few years down the road as it is in my Grandparents basement and I have a fairly nice home table as is. My grandpa tought me how to play on this table and I've always thought it would be cool to keep it up and running.

btoneill

Keeper of the Cheese
Silver Member
T-rails are a type of rail that screw into the the table on the side as opposed to via the bottom. It's something found on antique tables.

Brian