Please remove the thread darren is a dirty...

theUBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dear moderator:
Please remove the thread about Darren Appleton as reputation is important!
Such a thread where sombody posts something like this without obviously having percieved that Darren was just warming up/ practicing is slamming dirt in Darren' face.

He is one of the great players today and removing the post is the least that should be done if the original poster does not know how to edit.

Thanks for your understanding!

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
Here is the moderator's mentality - in case you missed it in the original thread.

Consider it a cautionary tale.

For now, there is a reason it will stay put.
Maybe someone else who may have considered creating an anonymous account to slander someone will see this and understand that somethimes, just sometimes..there are consequences.

The post was an honest mistake by a naive poster. He admitted so immediately after someone pointed out his error.

Donny Lutz

Ferrule Cat
Silver Member
I agree!!!

Please delete!
Yes, many folks read the title of the thread and go no further. To be fair to Mr. Appleton, please remove the thread or perhaps edit the title with a question mark.

Donny L
PBIA/ACS Insructor

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... The post was an honest mistake by a naive poster. He admitted so immediately after someone pointed out his error.

If I'm interpreting it correctly -- the moderator is telling us that this was not an honest mistake by a new/naive poster but, rather, an existing member who somehow created a new screen name for the purpose of posting his unfounded criticism of Darren. [But I could be wrong.]

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
If I'm interpreting it correctly -- the moderator is telling us that this was not an honest mistake by a new/naive poster but, rather, an existing member who somehow created a new screen name for the purpose of posting his unfounded criticism of Darren. [But I could be wrong.]

IF that is the case, then shouldn't two posters (being one and the same) been banned and outed so everyone knows who the scoundrel is.

MFB

Just a User
Silver Member
Yes, many folks read the title of the thread and go no further. To be fair to Mr. Appleton, please remove the thread or perhaps edit the title with a question mark.

Donny L
PBIA/ACS Insructor

I concur. I don't see value of having a the thread in question remain.

oldplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i concur.......far better to remove the thread....it was a mistake by the original party to start it in the 1st place and, as i understand it, has since apologized. every morning as i open the forum and see the thread, i make a wish it were not there........surely there is a way to delete it.......lessons have been learned i am sure.

elvicash

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What did Darren do to deserve any mud that might besmirch his name from that foolish thread. all he was trying to do was win a world championship, maybe hit a few balls while warming up. I am sure he did not want his name following accusations of being a cheater on one of the biggest pool site on our side of the pond. I know this is not a democracy here in AZ land but I would vote to remove the silly thread, it was either a foolish thread by a naive poster or a slam on Darren by someone with a vendetta, Darren deserve better than having that thread up and on the front page for this long.

sluggerknuckles

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
dirty darren

I concur. Wgen i read the title yesterday it was very derrogatory. Darren plays by me locally and he has always been hospitable and gracious.

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
If people would just stop posting in it, it will move to the next page and it will fade away....

But, people wanna continue whatever argument they are having.

Personally, I'd like to see it taken down or at least locked so it can't be bumped to the top.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
If people would just stop posting in it, it will move to the next page and it will fade away....

Personally, I'd like to see it taken down or at least locked so it can't be bumped to the top.

I think your suggestion of locking it is good.

I'd kind of like to see the thread survive; it's a landmark of idiocy in the history of AzB posting. Since everyone knows the criticism was totally without merit, I don't think it does any harm at all to Darren, and he might just get a kick out of joking about it in the future.

But if Darren has any qualms at all about leaving it, then it should be incinerated.

Last edited:

akaTrigger

Hi!
Silver Member

I wanna keep posting in it just to make a point... :eek:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I'd like to see Daz make a post in that thread.....
...THEN put it down...

..c'mon Daz...show us your sense of humor...oh, sorry, 'humour':smile:

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
Dear moderator:
Please remove the thread about Darren Appleton as reputation is important!
Such a thread where sombody posts something like this without obviously having percieved that Darren was just warming up/ practicing is slamming dirt in Darren' face.

He is one of the great players today and removing the post is the least that should be done if the original poster does not know how to edit.

Thanks for your understanding!

Ditto! I agree.

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
Here is the moderator's mentality - in case you missed it in the original thread.

The post was an honest mistake by a naive poster. He admitted so immediately after someone pointed out his error.

Pm the OP & have him edit it out.

randallt6

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
where the hell are the mods around here. the thread should definitely be deleted. cmon.....