Poison cues anybody play with one?

NINEBALLART

NINEBALLART
Silver Member
Just curious how many play with or have tried a Poison cue....It seems they are really selling...:rolleyes:

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
One of the more expensive cues that I first bought before I caught the cue addiction bug.

Well built, felt good to me, very comfortable. Plays well.

All around, a pretty decent cue for the money.

needham79

Registered
Ive hit around with one at the BilliardFactory here in Houston. I tried out the poison bolt 1 and really liked it. Felt good and looked cool. They come with "venom shaft" with "double density technology" . Dont really know what that means but from the short time ive used it, I would buy one for the price they had $225. Online they are $194

Benward452

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I played with a Poison cue for about a year and a half. Still really like it, but one reason I still am not playing with it is because of Poison's proprietary joints.

The reason I mention this is because you can not buy an aftermarket shaft except for Predator. You could buy the joint from Uniloc and have a local cue man put it on any blank, but that is really a hassle if you just want to try a shaft out.

Then there is the issue, at least with the bullet joint, of it coming a bit loose at times because of the quick release nature of the shaft.

Despite these issues, I still think they are great cues for the money and in my opinion, some look pretty sharp. As long as you are comfortable knowing those things above, I would shoot with one and if you like it, consider purchasing one.

Best of luck,
Ben

JolietJames

Boot Party Coordinator
Silver Member
Pay no attention to the Throll.
I currently have a poison break cue. I don't recall the model but it has a rubber grip that resembles those found on golf clubs. Hands down the best break cue I've ever used.

Gogafem

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a Poison AR5(2nd gen) cue. That's the signature Rodney Morris cue. Very satisfied with it, I love it. I made a review for it if you want to check it out. I ordered a VX Jump cue. I know I can't go wrong with Poison. Definitely among the best cues for the price...

david(tx)

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just curious how many play with or have tried a Poison cue....It seems they are really selling...:rolleyes:

Never had one , and not trying to discourage you from getting one , but it looks like they have a brand specific pin . If you want to get a replacement shaft from another maker/after market it may be tough or you may have a longer wait time .

NB-DOWNUNDER

Wild West Lone Ranger
I've got a VX 2.1, and a AR2 with Z2. I've used a whole bunch of different cues, but 90% had predator shafts. Having used house cues for most of my life, all I really care about is the tip, and the playing shaft. The rest is just fancy schmancy eye candy. I got my friend a Bolt 4, and used it, used it with the venom shaft, and used it with my Z2, I'm now actually contemplating getting a wrapless poison. Probably a 1st Gen Anthrax 6. If Joe hasn't sold out and cleared his last stock already.

The Jump/Break shafts have threaded ferurles??(is that what it's called when a pin from the tip runs through the ferrule?, so if you break the tip you also most likely snap the pin on the tip that runs in to the ferule, it'll be a sad day. Luckily, super glue sticks to anything. I've tried other bonds, didn't quite hold for as long. The phenolic tip on the Jump/Break makes for easy jumping and crisp breaking. I'm tempted to cut down the play shaft on the 2.1 and retip it for a masse style cue.

Overall I'm quite happy with poison. They fit the Z2's that I love, they're not over priced, and not all models are completely hideous. I also love the quick release bullet joints.