Pollroom in or next to a motel

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
I noticed that Motel 6 and Studio 6 is a new sponsor for the Viking tour. This gave me an idea. Could it be profitable for a Motel or Hotel chain to have a 16table poolroom in it or next to it to run 64 player tournaments and players and fans would stay at the motel. They could have 8 9 footers and 8 7 footers. This way they could have pro, armature, or barbox tournaments bi-weekly. Sounds to me like even an independent motel could do this as long as they had the space or land next to it. I think a big thing for it to work would be that it would have to be in an area with a lot of players. Maybe North FL. Or South GA. What do you all think?am I pipe dreaming again or could it work. Johnnyt
 
I am from Nebraska originally and about 8 years ago I was passing through Omaha and grabbed a hotel. There was a pool room in this place much to my surprise. It wasn't as big as the one that you are dreaming of, about 6 or 8 tables if I remember correctly. The name may of had something to do with sharks or something. Oh and by the way Johnnyt we are still waiting for you on the How many years thread:grin-square: :smile:
 
Johnnyt said:
I noticed that Motel 6 and Studio 6 is a new sponsor for the Viking tour. This gave me an idea. Could it be profitable for a Motel or Hotel chain to have a 16table poolroom in it or next to it to run 64 player tournaments and players and fans would stay at the motel. They could have 8 9 footers and 8 7 footers. This way they could have pro, armature, or barbox tournaments bi-weekly. Sounds to me like even an independent motel could do this as long as they had the space or land next to it. I think a big thing for it to work would be that it would have to be in an area with a lot of players. Maybe North FL. Or South GA. What do you all think?am I pipe dreaming again or could it work. Johnnyt


That's a good idea John. Most everybody enjoys pool. If it was up to me, there would be no swimming pools, gym's or sauna's in hotels. They'd all have a pool room.

BUT...I follow your posts here at AZB. You got that barbox up, was asking questions about running racks, etc. What I think is going on is JohnnyT is almost back in dead stroke and he will soon be hitting the highways and bi-ways and alley-ways searching out victims, er, uh, I mean "opponants" for his newly renovated pocketing skills! :yeah:
 
Terry Ardeno said:
That's a good idea John. Most everybody enjoys pool. If it was up to me, there would be no swimming pools, gym's or sauna's in hotels. They'd all have a pool room.

BUT...I follow your posts here at AZB. You got that barbox up, was asking questions about running racks, etc. What I think is going on is JohnnyT is almost back in dead stroke and he will soon be hitting the highways and bi-ways and alley-ways searching out victims, er, uh, I mean "opponants" for his newly renovated pocketing skills! :yeah:

LMAO. I'm up to a 3-pack in 9-ball now. I'll put some faster rails on it in the morning. I put 1 on it tonight and it comes off fast. I ran 41 two days ago playing 14.1. It's fun on a 7-footer. I'll probably never get my good stroke back, but I will be looking for barbox tournys in the near future to see how I do. Hope you and wife doing well. Johnnyt
 
When I imagine winning the powerball for 100 million, I think of what it would be like to have a "pool world". A couple of nice restaurants, a couple of different styled pool halls, a house pro always on duty either giving lessons or taking challenge matches, a regular tournament schedule of various formats, a youth program with their own place to play, a memorabilia museum, a hall of fame cuemaker and his shop to showcase and bring awareness to the craft of cuemaking, a repair/pro shop, and a hotel or two where all tournament visitors and players could stay....all owned and managed together so the whole thing could possibly be profitable and added tournament payouts could be worthwhile.

Kelly
 
Back
Top