Pongas Durango Co.?

spanky79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Has anyone been to Pongas in Durango Co?

Is it worth the 1 hour drive to play there?

Im in Farmington Nm and I need a place to play and there is not a table worth playing on closer then Durango.

Any info would be great, Thanks

8ballEinstein

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think it would be worthwhile. Mostly because there aren't many other choices out that way. They have tournaments and more than a few pool fans. Didn't see any champions the last time I was there.

spanky79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think it would be worthwhile. Mostly because there aren't many other choices out that way. They have tournaments and more than a few pool fans. Didn't see any champions the last time I was there.

I went by there tonight. more like a dive bar then anything. I hit some balls on the 9 foot brunswick. I dont think I i will be playing much pool unless the room here in town opens up. That is going to suck.

spanky79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
you working there??

Might be moving to Farmington NM. The pool hall down town has been waiting for a liquor license since last july and it is still not open. It really sucks, there isnt a table worth playing on for 3 or 4 hours. I just have to hope that room downtown opens eventually.

CO Nineballer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pongas

Your are correct, not much in the way of places to play pool down that way. If you are looking to really play and possibly find some action, you will have to make the drive to Albuquerque, or even the long drive to Denver. I get down that way every three or four months and I can try to get in touch with you if you want to match up, just let me know. Also, there are some places in Grand Junction, but that is still a pretty good drive, (maybe 4-5 Hours) and there isn't very much action there other than a few guys that will play REALLY cheap sets.

Good luck!!!!!!

qbilder

slower than snails
Silver Member
Might be moving to Farmington NM. The pool hall down town has been waiting for a liquor license since last july and it is still not open. It really sucks, there isnt a table worth playing on for 3 or 4 hours. I just have to hope that room downtown opens eventually.

I have friend here in Alamogordo that has a license for sale. He had a nite club with a carry out in back, so the license allows for package and service. Can't remember what classification it is, just that it's a full service license.

Farmington is rough & fairly remote. Hope things go well for your pool game.

spanky79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have friend here in Alamogordo that has a license for sale. He had a nite club with a carry out in back, so the license allows for package and service. Can't remember what classification it is, just that it's a full service license.

Farmington is rough & fairly remote. Hope things go well for your pool game.

I dont mind the city, but after living is so cal for so long it is going to be tough.

I really am going to hate not playing.