Pool Ball Collecting.

gdc25

I call 'em like I see 'em
Silver Member
My Family (Mom, Dad and Son) got me all 16 of the items that I requested for Christmas.

picture.php

K2Kraze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What a lucky man you are, gdc25 - to receive the paragon of pool gifts, sir - the latest and everlasting Brunswick Centennials. Congratulations - well deserved I'm sure

K.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

K2Kraze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good afternoon, everyone. :)

What a wonderful way to honour your dad, K2K, dreaming up new variations of the game whose passion passed from father to son.

For my own part, those lovely ball sets conjure memories of my all time favourite television character, Sergeant Bilko. How I used to love watching Ernie fleecing the likes of Ritzik and Grover, especially on the pool table! :)

Here's two more single balls from my collection: McDermotts purchased approximately thirty years ago. I like the fact that these older shamrocks are shown in outline, the newer versions being coloured green.

zoi9o1.jpg

ouyw7p.jpg

I remember these McDermott balls, RC, from the 80's I believe, when they really started ramping up their "accessories" being offered in their catalogs. I love the larger logo and clover leaf design that is instantly recognizable. I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for one or two this coming year as well as the first McDermott I ever purchase. Time to restore the 80's play days I say.

Thanks for sharing, sir - yet another beautiful offering from your collection!

K.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Extra clay balls available

In case anyone is missing a clay ball to complete a set, these are my extras. I suppose they could also be useful for projects like a pool ball clock. They are mostly the simple pattern with a circle around the number, but there are two or three that are a little different. As you can see, colors vary. The last 15 has to be glued back together. About half of them are in playable condition.

IMG_0022.JPG

IMG_0023.JPG

IMG_0024.JPG

IMG_0025.JPG

Last edited:

branpureza

Ginacue
Silver Member
I made a new ball rack! Fun project, pretty happy with how it turned out.

:thumbup:

Attachments

• IMG_2786.JPG
    IMG_2786.JPG
    134.2 KB · Views: 1,413

Mr. Bond

Orbis Non Sufficit
Gold Member
Silver Member
I don't often tell men that I like their balls. But sometimes you just have to give credit where credit is due.. :)

Those are some nice balls Mr. Pureza

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
Good evening, everyone. :)

You're clearly a very talented fellow, Mr B. That's a beautiful billiard ball cabinet, sir.

Best wishes,
RC.

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
If the time could be spared, you should perhaps consider turning your considerable woodworking skills into a commercial venture?

branpureza

Ginacue
Silver Member
If the time could be spared, you should perhaps consider turning your considerable woodworking skills into a commercial venture?

Yes I've actually given that some thought lately.

If anyone want's a nice ball rack made let me know!

I actually had a lot of fun making this one.

Probably going to make a cue rack next.

:thumbup::thumbup:

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
Yes I've actually given that some thought lately.

If anyone want's a nice ball rack made let me know!

I actually had a lot of fun making this one.

Probably going to make a cue rack next.

:thumbup::thumbup:

I made my last two cue racks. I am most proud of the revolving rack. It was a challenge
and holds 19 cues in a very small area.

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
Good evening, everyone. :)

I wonder if you kind folks could offer a relative newbie some advice on forum etiquette?

As this thread has developed, not only into a fascinating read but also an invaluable resource for avid collectors like myself, I have become rather embarrassed by the dreadful quality of my own photographic contributions and somewhat lackadaisical efforts in providing any worthwhile information to accompany them.

In a belated attempt to rectify my earlier mistakes, I have spent a few days taking some decent pictures of my entire collection of billiard ball sets and will endeavour to post them up alongside a detailed account of where the items were discovered, current valuation, related provenance etc.

My question is this, gentlemen. Should I submit these updated photographs here at the end of the thread or, as they are merely revised duplicates, would that be considered poor form? Better to edit and replace the earlier posts, perhaps?

Best wishes,
RC.

K2Kraze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Allow me the first reply to your cue sport conundrum, dear Rubik's...

Being the honorable OP of this fine thread, sir, you have reserved the right to posting any updates and enhancements that you see fit on your grand collection - especially new photos and information. I recommend adding them as you go and not revising older posts as updates.

Your contributions, comments and help throughout all of 2016 to all guests and members viewing this thread have undoubtedly inspired many delayed purchases as well as bringing to light the sheer enjoyment of all things "balls". I for one am grateful for your tireless attention to the quirky and unusual as well as helping me personally add a few treasures to my trove.

Post away, Rubik's.....I'll get the coffee brewing and be right back to see what new additions you have for us

K.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I say go ahead and make new posts so we can see the improved images as they come in.

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
Good evening, gentlemen. :)

Many thanks for your much valued advice, I'll post the revised inventory for your perusal as each is completed.

Best wishes,
RC

K2Kraze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's great to see you posting up even more enjoyable reads, Rubik's! I particularly like the format you began with the coveted Aramith Poker set above in post #557.

I thought you may enjoy the Stone Cold set and couldn't think of a better steward to watch over and share these unique balls with the good folks in the U.K. and perhaps even get onto the table and see them at least roll.....since you won't play them

Take your time sharing the new pics and great presentation now ---- we'll be waiting patiently for more gems to reappear

K.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk