Pool Cues In The Hereafter . . .

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
I have thought a few times about when my day comes, that I would like my playing cue to accompany me on my journey, but how practical would that be?

I've lived my life pretty good and hope I've done well enough to go in through the pearly-gates.

Then I think, wait a minute,you should probably be able to play off the wall in heaven. I mean there should be some mint bushkas, szams, a few black boars or whatever we would like just waiting for us, right?

So then what's the point of taking your favorite player? Is it just mostly symbolic? Do we really expect we'll be matching up up there?

Or how about this possibility? Maybe we didn't live as good as we thought and we end up in hell. You think the ac problems at Hard Times were bad? :eek: I'm thinking the ac problems in hell could give hard times ac the fiery-orange crush. :grin-devilish:

And as one might expect, playing off the wall there you'd probably only get to choose from either charred valley house cues or crooked ones like the example below.

And the table (yes, just one) would always be congested with the most ruthless characters like we see in the 2nd picture. And it's probably gonna be a poorly installed Olhausen. :banghead:

The practical me says, leave the cue behind, my heirs can turn it into a few Broadway show tickets and maybe a juicy steak or two.

The obsessed pool player and boy scout in me says pack me up with my player, just in case. :wink:

You don't suppose we just go to sleep and that's it, do ya'? :angry:

anyone else thought about this?

best,
brian kc

Attachments

• crooked-cue.jpg
    crooked-cue.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 2,205
  • 3-stooges-playing-pool.jpg
    3-stooges-playing-pool.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 659
Last edited:

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Bring your cue to the hereafter. I'm sure Willie Mosconi would be happy to sign it. Assuming there's an AZBHEREAFTER.COM site up there, you can then sell it online in the Wanted/For Sale forum and fatten your wallet. After that, I'm sure George Balabushka would be happy to make you a cue if you ask nicely.

Last edited:

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If it's good enough for the Egyptians, it's good enough for us. They also killed their servants to entomb with the masters so you may as well pick your top few favorite playing partners and arrange to have them knocked off when you go to join you.

And you may want to arrange for a casket large enough for a nice table to bring along just incase the afterlife is filled with 20 yr old Valleys with oversize cueballs.

bdorman

Dead money
Silver Member
IMHO it will be difficult to take any tangible objects with us, regardless of destination.

So I'll just take my bag of excuses. Even in heaven someone has to win the match and the other has to lose, right?

Inaction

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Popular opinion is that everyone goes to Heaven when they die and they then rest in peace.

According to the Holy Bible, there is no way you can be good enough to get into Heaven. Being good is not a factor. The only way is to repent of your sins and accept Jesus as Savior.

I realize the post was made as a joke, but I felt compelled to post because I do not find jokes about being good enough to be funny.

StuartTKelley

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll just end up in purgatory stuck in a smoky, hot , humid, dive bar...playing with a sticky house cue on a crooked valley with ripped cloth and big pockets....and they will only have bud on tap....and I'll lose to everyone that walks in... and worse yet, they will be playing with my Josey.....oh what hell that will be.

philly

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Can't believe this thread. I was just thinking this morning as I was getting ready for work that maybe I'll get buried with my stick but then I figured better if it goes to my son. After all they say you can't take anything with you but your soul or something like that.

DallasHopps

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I always figured my cue would be used by whichever close friend decides to avenge my death. It's pointy.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Popular opinion is that everyone goes to Heaven when they die and they then rest in peace.

According to the Holy Bible, there is no way you can be good enough to get into Heaven. Being good is not a factor. The only way is to repent of your sins and accept Jesus as Savior.

I realize the post was made as a joke, but I felt compelled to post because I do not find jokes about being good enough to be funny.

It's not funny to be good? I would think if you were good, if there is someone that rewards you for it when you die, they would not care a bit if you believed in something or not. If I fed a hungry man and gave my seat to a old man but thought the world was created by a monkey on steroids in 1974, if I happened to be wrong, only someone with a twisted sense of humor would allow me to rot in hell. Sounds like it does not matter if you were good only if you said you were sorry to Jesus afterwards LOL

What one believes does not matter, the truth and reality is what governs things.

MitchAlsup

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Its posts like this that make me relate stories like the following:

I hate choir music so much, the only way for god to properly punish me is to send me to heaven to make me listen to it for eternity.

You see, no deity that is known for being loving could possibly prescribe infinite punishment for finite sins.

tpoppa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
"Now, now my good man, this is no time for making enemies." - Voltaire (1694-1778) on his deathbed in response to a priest asking that he renounce Satan.