Pool Hall Junkies

MissChiVUs1

HoustonPoolplayerGirl
This is a GREAT movie! The star, Mars Callahan, seems like a really nice dude. I met him in Hollywood on the set of the pool game show "Ballbreakers" in 2005. I was told that he came up with the idea for the game show, although I can't seem to find his name in relation to the show. It was a fun, free trip! The show only made it 1 season and my episode never aired. However, they did send me a copy of the episode. You can check out the game show here: https://gameshows.fandom.com/wiki/Ballbreakers

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I consider this movie like watching g fast and the furious. It’s fun and cheesy but it’s not a documentary so if your looking for realism your gonna be disapointed

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
I consider this movie like watching g fast and the furious. It’s fun and cheesy but it’s not a documentary so if your looking for realism your gonna be disapointed
When it comes to pool movies to begin with, how many more are there in addition to the ones I posted beside
"The Hustler" and the "Color of Money"? If there are more, list the movie names because I'd like to see if they're available
to watch myself whether cheesy, goofy, or plain shitty. I'm just looking for pool.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is a GREAT movie! The star, Mars Callahan, seems like a really nice dude. I met him in Hollywood on the set of the pool game show "Ballbreakers" in 2005. I was told that he came up with the idea for the game show, although I can't seem to find his name in relation to the show. It was a fun, free trip! The show only made it 1 season and my episode never aired. However, they did send me a copy of the episode. You can check out the game show here: https://gameshows.fandom.com/wiki/Ballbreakers
Not sure 'great' would be my choice of words but it was entertaining with a few really funny scenes. the lion scene is classic.

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
Pool movies are awesome but can you make a pool motivation workout video.

In my fitness group they make motivation videos for workouts. For pool I have a hard time getting good camera angles with my budget equipment.

How would you edit a pool workout motivation video? Ive seen military style videos and its always loud music and lots of quick cut editing.

If anyone has an AI package let me know.

Is everyone doing the same workouts? Or is it a which system produces a gold medal player type situation?

Freddie Prinze is awesome in Star Wars Rebels and as Buffys Husband. His pool game not as impressive.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There is a website that lists all the pool movies ever made. I forgot it now, but one of the members here will link it. (it may also be made by a member here).

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When it comes to pool movies to begin with, how many more are there in addition to the ones I posted beside
"The Hustler" and the "Color of Money"? If there are more, list the movie names because I'd like to see if they're available
to watch myself whether cheesy, goofy, or plain shitty. I'm just looking for pool.
I was saying that because people rag on it for not being realistic. I’ve watched the movie many times and always enjoy it.

Jack Fate

Just watched this one . Would have liked to have seen some pros from the past but didn’t spot any
Popcorn flix on YouTube has several of the movies mentioned in this thread
Actually I believe it may have been filmrise channel on YouTube that had a few pool movies