Pool Halls in Inglewood CA???

Jay's Billiards (Jay Helfert's place?)

Any others? I am here now and would like to play for a couple hours.

There used to be Crystal Palace Billiards on Imperial Highway in Inglewood. Don't know if it's still there but it used to be a bad ass place.
 
I haven't been there in years, but I bet the closest action room is still House of Billiards in Santa Monica. Good one pocket action starts mid-afternoon. Go straight up the 405 to Wilshire, then west to 19th St. - only takes a few minutes.

pj
chgo

hob.jpg
 
Last edited:
Jay's Billiards (Jay Helfert's place?)

Any others? I am here now and would like to play for a couple hours.

It's closed. Sorry. You'll have to come to my house and play. OR, Mr. Lucky's is in Hawthorne on Hawthorne Blvd. near Torrance Blvd.
 
I would stay out of Inglewood, (You must be at LAX) Compton, Watts and mosey on up to Hardtimes Billiards in Bellflower.
 
+1 for Hard Times. Not far from Inglewood.

Jay, I miss your spot. I used to love playing with James Woods, Eric and the other guys there.

Sigh. Good pool halls are really hard to come by these days.
 
+1 for Hard Times. Not far from Inglewood.

Jay, I miss your spot. I used to love playing with James Woods, Eric and the other guys there.

Sigh. Good pool halls are really hard to come by these days.

We did have some fun, didn't we. And there were some pretty good money games in there nearly every night. The brothers would gamble!

I was a terror on that front table. After I beat Moto (Larry Evans) playing Banks, one of the brothers told me I was the new King of the Ghetto! The highlight of my career! :smile:
 
We did have some fun, didn't we. And there were some pretty good money games in there nearly every night. The brothers would gamble!

I was a terror on that front table. After I beat Moto (Larry Evans) playing Banks, one of the brothers told me I was the new King of the Ghetto! The highlight of my career! :smile:

Your "Bank Matches" is what I really wanted to see.... I always seemed to miss them.

I remember walking in right after a match and James was practicing some shot he missed against you. I understand you gave him major problems on the table.

Hopefully I'll get to see you guys play when I return.

Wow, great memories.
 
Thanks everyone. Just about five minutes after I typed the post I fell asleep. :-) Tough getting old.!
 
We did have some fun, didn't we. And there were some pretty good money games in there nearly every night. The brothers would gamble!

I was a terror on that front table. After I beat Moto (Larry Evans) playing Banks, one of the brothers told me I was the new King of the Ghetto! The highlight of my career! :smile:

I loved your pool hall Jay. I used to play in the tournaments all the time.
If you won the tournament you had a shot to double your money if you beat the pro. I got him 2 out of 3 times. LOL.
 
Back
Top