pool lessons

Destrukkt

9 ball/8 ball New Player
Silver Member
A lot of people say lee brett who I think is in that area

but just putting the name up so you can make your own decision.

I need to get lessons as well just been busy.. lucky for me Ray Martin is near here and he is a world champion 4x or something so I know who to go to :)

Last edited:

tonmo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A lot of people say brett lee who I think is in that area

Not to be confused with Scott Lee (poolknowledge.com) -- I live in PA outside Philly and he came through a few months ago (he was actually in NJ) and I highly recommend him. It may be some time before he comes out this way again, but he's worth the wait. It seems he comes through every so often.

lee brett

www.leebrettpool.com
Silver Member
A lot of people say brett lee who I think is in that area

I say stay away from him, but just putting the name up so you can make your own decision.

I need to get lessons as well just been busy.. lucky for me Ray Martin is near here and he is a world champion 4x or something so I know who to go to :)

its lee brett, and just wondered why you say that destukkt,

drpjr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I also would recommend Lee Brett. He is in York PA right now. I have spent a couple of hours with him and I really feel allot stronger about my game. I have also driven up to NY to see Ronnie V. he has the best banking and kicking info. But as far as fundamentals go try to get a hold of Lee.

randyg

www.randygpool.com
Silver Member
Overall, how about Scott Lee or Tony Robles. Both can help your game quickly....SPF=randyg

Destrukkt

9 ball/8 ball New Player
Silver Member
I take it back. I just got a pm from him and he seems like a good guy. That is lee brett.

My initial post was due to several respected members on here (people I respect from reading their posts from before I joined to now) saying he is a liar, etc etc. You can find several experiences they had with him on here if you look for a few minutes, or use search. These posts are where I got my outlook on him from.

I decided I won't take their word for it and from the one message I just got from him he seems to be a down to earth nice guy. You can't trust people too much as one personal grudge or one hater and they will team up on you. So I'll go ahead and take down my negative post and just give him a recommendation.

lee brett

www.leebrettpool.com
Silver Member
I take it back. I just got a pm from him and he seems like a good guy. That is lee brett.

My initial post was due to several respected members on here (people I respect from reading their posts from before I joined to now) saying he is a liar, etc etc. You can find several experiences they had with him on here if you look for a few minutes, or use search. These posts are where I got my outlook on him from.

I decided I won't take their word for it and from the one message I just got from him he seems to be a down to earth nice guy. You can't trust people too much as one personal grudge or one hater and they will team up on you. So I'll go ahead and take down my negative post and just give him a recommendation.

thank you,

and for 1 thing i am no liar my nan brought me up to be honest, im to honest sometimes, but i wear my heart on my sleeve.

but i got told tell the truth in life and you will go a long way,
also dont judge a book by its cover.

lee

drpjr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
hey destrukkt, that is a cool reply thanks being a better man. you are a stand up guy in my book.

Destrukkt

9 ball/8 ball New Player
Silver Member
good luck on giving lessons lee. Hit me up if you get to Florida.

Drpjr thanks. - too many people on this forum would rather die before admit they're wrong or change their opinion

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
I know Lee had a bad experience in SC and for everything "they" said - Lee had a few stories himself that triggered most of those stories. There is ALWAYS two sides to a situation...remember that.

I hope after 3000+ posts and being on the 2nd page of the rep ranking, I'd be considered a respected poster here as well. Lee is solid.

Lee has a key to my house and can take my car wherever he wants. He's been in my house, alone, for a while now and I have no worries. That's how solid he is. I'll leave it at that.

RonV is one of the best things that EVER happened to me when it comes to pool. He's also tops in my book.

Last edited:

ARROWCRUSHER

N/ CUE STROKER
Silver Member
The whole thing about this forum is if you are going to just believe what the haters put on here without finding out for yourself it may be to your disadvantage. I read all those negative post about Lee Brett , but then again I read some good things also. I know he has been in at the Yankee club helping a few people out I know and I only heard good things about him from them. He has pm'd me a few time to come in to meet him as I asked him questions a few times, So I guess I will make it in to see him this week. But a word of advice , look into the whole picture before you write a negative comment about someone. That is how the negatives all get started and get worse and worse. Good luck to you Lee I hope to get to meet you this week sometime <<ED

Last edited:

cuesmith

BEEN THERE, DONE THAT!
Silver Member
Who is the best person to take lessons from in the nj,ny area?

Danny DiLiberto is in Buffalo. I highly recommend him for lessons. He's known for giving lessons to top pros as well as average players. One of his students, Stephan Cohen, recently won the World Straight Pool Tournament and upon making the final ball, ran to the Accu-Stats Booth, where Danny was doing the commentary, and gave high praise to Danny for his teaching.

just more hot air!

Sherm

Ball Banger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A lot of people say lee brett who I think is in that area

but just putting the name up so you can make your own decision.

Destrukkt

A friend takes Lessons from Ray Martin and I have watched his game go up several balls. Ray Martin certainly knows his stuff. My friend tells me Ray is very good at seeing your problems and correcting them.

Some People can do it and not teach it. While others can teach it but not do it, Such is the case of the local instructor I have gone to several times. A good instructor is an Art unto it's self.