Pool Table in a 128 Million Dollar Mega Mansion

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
William Randolph Hearst had a much nicer billiard room at the ranch and two much better swimming pools. I don't see what all the fuss is about.
Here's that room. Somebody left the pockets off the far table, though.

1706198546604.png

tim913

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You could probably add a pull out board, with a seat, to each end of table and use it as a teeter totter when not playing pool

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
You could probably add a pull out board, with a seat, to each end of table and use it as a teeter totter when not playing pool
As for the table itself, the first time my hip hits one of those corners ....

The house -- lots of pictures in AtLarge's link above -- doesn't look like someplace I'd want to live. Not designed for humans. (I think I'd enjoy Hearst's place, even though it is a fixer-upper.)

It was on the market for $500,000,000 then reduced to $295,000.000. Now it is going up for auction "with no reserve" but the bank or whoever got stuck with it can reject a bid that is too low. They need to find a buyer with a lot more dollars than sense.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Why would I want to downsize! 🤑
When you get old and the kids move away, maintaining your present house will be a burden. I imagine the OP house is less than $2M/year to maintain so you would save a lot there, but let an intermediate buyer take care of all the "new house issues".

tim913

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When you get old and the kids move away, maintaining your present house will be a burden. I imagine the OP house is less than $2M/year to maintain so you would save a lot there, but let an intermediate buyer take care of all the "new house issues".
I’m an empty nester the last few years. Five bedrooms, 3.5 baths, family room, living room, great room and rec room 5250 finished sq ft. Lonely place now sometimes I sleep on different levels for a change of scenery. I really need to downsize

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
I’m an empty nester the last few years. Five bedrooms, 3.5 baths, family room, living room, great room and rec room 5250 finished sq ft. Lonely place now sometimes I sleep on different levels for a change of scenery. I really need to downsize

My cousin's father and uncle owned one of the largest lumber yards in town. She built a 6000SF starter home then realized she had gotten a little carried away. Not as much so as another cousin though. She was busy with the business and other things so she just bought one block of new townhouses backed up to her land.

Had to tease her, she had sixteen bedrooms, eight baths, four kitchens. I liked it, dirty dishes, just walk into the next townhouse! Eight children or so, she might have had the right idea. She recently died, a nonsmoker so she got a tumor in her head the size of a softball. RIP Leanne!

Hu

Banger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you leaned on that end rail, it looks like the table would tip up, and then if you let go, it would rock back and forth like a teeter totter.

Rocket354

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As for the table itself, the first time my hip hits one of those corners ....

The house -- lots of pictures in AtLarge's link above -- doesn't look like someplace I'd want to live. Not designed for humans. (I think I'd enjoy Hearst's place, even though it is a fixer-upper.)

It was on the market for $500,000,000 then reduced to $295,000.000. Now it is going up for auction "with no reserve" but the bank or whoever got stuck with it can reject a bid that is too low. They need to find a buyer with a lot more dollars than sense.
FYI, the above link was two years old. The auction came and went and it sold for $141MM:

Also, sounds like a bit of a fixer-upper itself.