Pool Tournaments During COVID Pandemic

Get_A_Grip

Truth Will Set You Free
Silver Member
ooooowwww, "stories abound."

Now that's some serious evidence there, lol.

Lou Figueroa
I just edited my post and added a video. I figured that someone would question that statement. I am involved with numerous threads and don't always have the evidence at my fingertips, even if I know it exists. Hospitals get paid more if they put the person on a ventilator. The main point is that if the overall death rates in the country have not gone up at all due to COVID. How can that be? This is a pandemic. 300k died in the USA just from the virus. Yeah, it's because many of those that tested positive for COVID, would have died from some other reason anyways. But if they tested positive, they get marked down as dying from COVID.

Last edited:

Slide Rule

ConservativeHardLiner
Silver Member
This thread is a candidate for a short trip to NPR.
That is the normal outcome of discussion that is essentially political.

Not that this would resolve the issues.

There is much incorrect information that is passing in circles.
There is no need to be angry at those who are not informed.

They are passionate, afraid, and concerned about what others are doing.

If there is a, how would a site qualify as authoritative? Post it.
There is a lot of misrepresentation, political leanings, and huge transfers of money.
Everyone here seems blind to the actuality.

Scrunge19

Registered
This thread is a candidate for a short trip to NPR.
That is the normal outcome of discussion that is essentially political.
BuT I wAs ToLd tHiS tHrEaD iS VERY pOoL ReLaTeD!!!

In all seriousness, it was obvious that this thread was going to devolve into an argument about the validity of COVID-19 and whether or not the restrictions that followed were/are valid. If you replaced any references to pool in this thread with golf or badminton, 99% of the comments would still make sense. So clearly this isn't a discussion specific to pool and shouldn't belong in the main section of a billiards forum.

Slide Rule

ConservativeHardLiner
Silver Member
BuT I wAs ToLd tHiS tHrEaD iS VERY pOoL ReLaTeD!!!

In all seriousness, it was obvious that this thread was going to devolve into an argument about the validity of COVID-19 and whether or not the restrictions that followed were/are valid. If you replaced any references to pool in this thread with golf or badminton, 99% of the comments would still make sense. So clearly this isn't a discussion specific to pool and shouldn't belong in the main section of a billiards forum.
So there is a purpose for NPR as a repository of failed threads. :cool:

ThinSlice

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You know people scream when you cage up a tiger or an elephant yet caging up people is ok and people are supposed to accept that. I think some people’s attitude is they would rather live life than to live a caged and highly restricted life and then still no guarantee they will not get sick.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just edited my post and added a video. I figured that someone would question that statement. I am involved with numerous threads and don't always have the evidence at my fingertips, even if I know it exists. Hospitals get paid more if they put the person on a ventilator. The main point is that if the overall death rates in the country have not gone up at all due to COVID. How can that be? This is a pandemic. 300k died in the USA just from the virus. Yeah, it's because many of those that tested positive for COVID, would have died from some other reason anyways. But if they tested positive, they get marked down as dying from COVID.

ah, that video is from “Realist News” which specializes in conspiracy theories and survivalists.

But thanks for sharing anyway.

Lou Figueroa

9andout

Gunnin' for a 3 pack!!
Silver Member
Masks will NOT prevent you from getting the virus. In fact, right on the box of many masks it will state that wearing these masks will not protect you from a virus. While masks may reduce the amount of moisture droplets that a person ejects into the environment, the COVID virus is airborne and will easily pass right out of your mask and into someone else's mask. People that wear masks have a total false sense of security.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/...ients-reported-wearing-masks-always-or-often/

The 6 foot social distancing guideline is also arbitrary. The studies and information that I read about early on in the pandemic indicated that the virus will travel 15-20 feet from a person that has it. So 6 feet may reduce the chances of transmission somewhat, but again, it actually will not 100% protect you if you stay 6 feet apart. More false sense of security.

What I am totally opposed to, are people that will insist on pointing their finger at OTHERS that choose not to wear a mask or social distance. Like they are the definite cause of someone else getting the virus. If you want a close to zero chance of getting the virus, then stay home. Simple. I personally feel that I've been exposed to the virus, but I take high doses of Vitamin C & D daily, as I feel that these two vitamins at high doses can protect me from becoming symptomatic.

If you think that social distancing and masks actually work, then go ahead and wear masks and social distance yourself. But it's nobody's else's responsibility to ensure your health. So stop trying to blame others, criticize them, and shame them. Worry about yourself and leave everyone else alone.
Yeah. Lets all go by "feel." Wow.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So there is a purpose for NPR as a repository of failed threads. :cool:

Yes.

I have had fun but it’s time to let the professionals over in NPR get this one all over themselves.

Really, it just boils down to something a good friend of mine said on another forum: “Too many people missed 8th grade biology class.”

Lou Figueroa

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you for your reply. Not to get into semantics, because I really don't care for that when people do it to me, but here are my words: "Pool events continue to happen daily, yet I read pool people are getting sick and/or dying from COVID daily. "

I said "pool people," and every single day on FB, I am reading about a pool person's family, loved one, friend, and themselves dying.

One example is Sandy Jo Schuman who died from COVID complications. You might have seen her at various pool events. She was heralded as a very nice person, and many pool people commented and mourned her passing a few weeks ago.

Here is his obit: https://www.wasikfuneralhome.com/ob...xasAC1Jt6U6alTTWDWLcVNGQOBhQG9kx6jHnleCDqzICk
I was responding from memory, yes, I did not mean to get into semantics. The words dying and daily jumped out at me. Because I know probably 20 people in my real life that tested positive, and maybe a dozen people on this forum (plus their families) that I don't know personally, but wrote here that they tested positive, and every single one of them recovered fine. So when you said dying and daily in the same sentence, I wanted to know was my "personal data set" too limited? And was your personal data set (from maybe FB pool groups, etc) more extensive and showed a lot more deaths?

Its unfortunate Sandy died! I don't want to diminish that at all. Please don't take it this way.

Do you know of any other pool players that died? I don't need names, just number. In all of AZ land, in all of Philly pool scene (where I'm from), there have been many, many positives, but not a single death. The way your first post was written, to me was implying a huge amount of deaths in the pool world.

livemusic

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In our little smallish city (big town) we have 19 people on ventilators as of last evening. That's WAY over any other time in modern history. Its anecdotal, but its a BIG number for a smallish city like this.

Four people are DEAD from covid in my itty bitty town. I have never known anyone die from the flu here and I'm 67.

MitchAlsup

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is pertinate, if a few days old; Sept 11 is now 5th on the list.
mail.jpg

claymont

JADE
Gold Member
Silver Member
This is pertinate, if a few days old; Sept 11 is now 5th on the list.View attachment 578076
This is incorrect more than 7000 a day die.

United States Deaths Clock

A person dies approximately every 11.14 seconds

Number of deaths per year: 2,830,688

Number of deaths per day: 7,755

Number of deaths per hour: 323

Note: Numbers on this page do not include deaths due to COVID-19. Our estimates are based on deaths reported before the pandemic started. Check our coronavirus section for information about daily and total deaths caused by the virus.

Last edited:

Get_A_Grip

Truth Will Set You Free
Silver Member
Yeah. Lets all go by "feel." Wow.
Trust me, the Vitamin approach isn't by "feel". I just didn't want to get into why I know that both vitamins can inhibit the virus. I study many different things. Unlike most on here.

rwhite

I suppose that would vary on a number of variables.

Wearing a seat belt does not save everyone who experiences a car crash. But wearing it is still a good idea.

Lou Figueroa
i am sure you believe you are right. Others disagree. If your afraid, stay home. But don’t think others will just because you do. We are America.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i am sure you believe you are right. Others disagree. If your afraid, stay home. But don’t think others will just because you do. We are America.

I take due precautions.

And I don't think others will just because I do, not because we are in the US, but because you just can't fix stupid.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nah, old folks SHOULD probably fear the covid. What is stupid is people presumptuous enough to think that the way THEY choose to live is how EVERYONE should choose to live.

I know, I know.

Caring about your health and the health of your family and friends — so silly. Better to have big brass ones, live your life without fear, and risk potentially killing them all.

Lou Figueroa
you go!

surlytempo

I know, I know.

Caring about your health and the health of your family and friends — so silly. Better to have big brass ones, live your life without fear, and risk potentially killing them all.

Lou Figueroa
you go!
People like that are the worst kind. They cannot be reasoned with. Too dumb to know any better, and too arrogant to realize they don't know enough. They don't know the difference between lifestyle choices and a duty to your fellow human beings. Fuck 'em.