Pool Tournaments During COVID Pandemic

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They will never get it brother.
Sheeple at it's finest.
Believe everything they are told lol.
Hell most are supporting pedophile joe, and his communist ho.
Tells you all you need to know right there.
Now they want to sell us right back to China, where it fucking came from, and then you want to support these same idiots who perpetrated it.
If you really think it came from a bat in a wet market, you're beyond stupid.
People have lost the ability to think for themselves.
Thank God I live in Texas!!
Jam and all the rest of you idiots, please stay the hell out of Texas!!
Our hearts don't bleed down here, and you can take the "if it saves just one life" mantra and shove it up your ass.
Go get your vaccine and shut the fuck up about the rest of us.
We'll be dead enough soon enough right?
If they really wanted to show us mask work, they take 3000(?) people, and have 3 control groups.
1000 people in each setting.
1 setting no mask no social distancing, 1 setting everyone wears a mask and social distances, 1 setting half wear mask and half social distance.
But no, they want to just keep preaching their narrative, and control people with fear, and keep big pharma pumped up.
I'm not responsible for you,, your health, your mental well being, or your family, take responsibility for you!!!
If I were any of you believers and really thought this scam was real, I would abandon society with a vengeance!
I definitely wouldn't get on the internet and bitch about someone else not keeping me safe, while I try and keep up my normal life routine 🙄.
Common sense is becoming a very uncommon thing in these soon to be United Communist States.
Also no one knows the long term affects of the vaccine. We do know, though, that a certain percentage of those will get Bell's Palsy. This has been documented in the extremely small print of the vaccine write-up. BTW, no one receiving the placebos in the trials contracted Bell's Palsy.
But your willing to roll the dice on a vaccine for something with a 98% survival rate.
Idiocracy at it's finest.
Ignorance used to be bliss, but in the case of these Texans who refuse to social distance and wear masks, ignorance seems to be the norm. Anybody who plays pool in a global pandemic without wearing a mask and/or social distancing needs our prayers, I guess, for those poor, ignorant, stubborn, stupid, pool-playing murderers from Texas.

Meanwhile, England continues to adhere to strict guidelines, as does every other country in the world. At this recent World Grand Prix Snooker event, one with no audience, I might add, each competitor is given a COVID test daily. If they come positive, they are eliminated from the tournament, to include everyone they had been in contact with at the tournament, other players, even though those players may not come out positive (yet).

Matchroom staff comes out after each frame and cleans all surfaces, e.g., racks, balls, rails, walls around stage, chairs, tables, EVERYTHING. And look us stupid Americans—I take that back. Look at the stupid pool-player public of Texas during a major global pandemic. The United States can never get rid of this virus as long as Texans continue to not adhere to safe practices. May God have mercy on their souls.

Attachments

• covid CREW.png
    covid CREW.png
    785.1 KB · Views: 105

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So why do we allow social activities to be demonized yet you can go to any retail store or mall with thousands of people? Does the virus know you are playing pool versus shopping at Walmart for needless imported junk?

The percent of cases traced back to places of recreation, restaurants and bars is under 5%...yet they are the ones being targeted for closures. So if you shut them all down, representing less than 5%of cases, the biggest benefit you can achieve is 5% or less.

No matter what a certain number of people will become infected. No amount of shutdowns will stop that.

Our biggest problem us this virus is seasonal...nothing we are doing us getting rid of it. It has been here 2 cold seasons already...it will be around for many more. How long will those vaccinated maintain immunity? Nobody in public health is discussing these paramount concerns.

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's just IRRESPONSIBLE to allow people to not wear masks or to not practice social distancing at ANY business! Go ahead spout all that nonsense about ”masks don't work, stay at home, etc.” If a business owner doesn't require face coverings and social distancing, they should NOT BE IN BUSINESS!!! This virus is getting worse every day. Almost 14,000 people DIED in ONE DAY! I just wonder how each of those people contracted the virus?!? Some of those people might have stayed home but got sick from another family member that went out and was around people not wearing a mask!
Overwhelming majority of cases come from friends and family...nothing to do with businesses. Yet that is all they talk about is bars, stip clubs and pool halls....oh and churches.

Patrick53212

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i just explained to you that there is a world outside of the US where there is zero incentive for doctors or hospitals to lie about covid deaths. yet they have plenty of covid deaths. so either the healthcare conspiracy is a national american phenomenon (in which the results are magically aligned with earlier mentioned countries) or it's just the ramblings of mad men.
I am so glad you "splained" it to me. I obviously have a loose grasp on reality...espcially in respect to world history, politics, science, and the corporate world. I need people to tell me what to believe and how things actually are in the world. Thanks again!

fish on

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Johnny Archer just tested positive for COVID after competing in the 5 Rivers Holiday Classic 9-ball event at Jac's All American Billiards & Brews in Tennessee. He has a fever and is in pain from coughing. I pray for Johnny to have a full recovery.

Everybody on-site at that event should get tested. It is a shame folks did not wear masks and practice social distancing. Photos below are from the event in Tennessee. When you play pool, you touch the rack, the balls, the table, the bridge, et cetera. COVID germs can be transmitted on surfaces. One person can infect thousands and not know it, and some people get COVID but are asymptomatic and never know it, yet they can transmit the virus to others who can get deathly sick.

Pool events continue to happen daily, yet I read pool people are getting sick and/or dying from COVID daily. Do you think it is okay to have pool tournaments like this during the pandemic? I realize this is a difficult and contentious issue. Pool rooms are suffering from the economy, and pool players, social shooters and pros, have nothing to shoot for anymore. Weekly leagues are ongoing, but I see very few people social distancing or wearing masks.

Share your thoughts.
benzonatate is what you need to take for cough suppressant !!! We had it could not stop that dry nagging cough and sleep to recover ? Was prescribed it and went on road to recovery ! Serious stuff out of 15 who got it at pool room 2 passed one 10 days icu still on oxygen one 7 days trouble breathing 6 hospitalized Rest recover at home nasty be safe wear a mask stay out of crowded places regards harry

rwhite

It's just IRRESPONSIBLE to allow people to not wear masks or to not practice social distancing at ANY business! Go ahead spout all that nonsense about ”masks don't work, stay at home, etc.” If a business owner doesn't require face coverings and social distancing, they should NOT BE IN BUSINESS!!! This virus is getting worse every day. Almost 14,000 people DIED in ONE DAY! I just wonder how each of those people contracted the virus?!? Some of those people might have stayed home but got sick from another family member that went out and was around people not wearing a mask!
That’s your opinion. I’m sure that’s how you feel. others disagree with you. They believe just as strongly. It really is that simple.

fish on

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Johnny Archer just tested positive for COVID after competing in the 5 Rivers Holiday Classic 9-ball event at Jac's All American Billiards & Brews in Tennessee. He has a fever and is in pain from coughing. I pray for Johnny to have a full recovery.

Everybody on-site at that event should get tested. It is a shame folks did not wear masks and practice social distancing. Photos below are from the event in Tennessee. When you play pool, you touch the rack, the balls, the table, the bridge, et cetera. COVID germs can be transmitted on surfaces. One person can infect thousands and not know it, and some people get COVID but are asymptomatic and never know it, yet they can transmit the virus to others who can get deathly sick.

Pool events continue to happen daily, yet I read pool people are getting sick and/or dying from COVID daily. Do you think it is okay to have pool tournaments like this during the pandemic? I realize this is a difficult and contentious issue. Pool rooms are suffering from the economy, and pool players, social shooters and pros, have nothing to shoot for anymore. Weekly leagues are ongoing, but I see very few people social distancing or wearing masks.

Share your thoughts.

fish on

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Share your thoughts.
We will
To jam: your first post says you have read daily of pool players dying. Where did you see that? I’m only on here, not on FB groups. I don’t recall any pool deaths reported on AZB forums. How many pool players have died that you are aware of? Thanks.
2 at Drexeline passed away bob Burt and ray Murphy bunch more in icu 15 got it some hospitalized bad shit be careful we were did not protect us

fish on

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am recovering at home finally much better after a month of dry lingering coughing
We went to Er for evaluation determination was chest X-ray showed something happening in lungs gave me a antibiotics told to quarantine and rest
Cough would not let me rest so friend told me about benzonatate cough suppressant it was a miracle drug highly recommend

fish on

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Share your thoughts.

Badpenguin

First post! Took over a year for my account to get approved for some reason, but I was content with lurking.

I have conflicting feelings about pool halls and covid. I love pool, I want pool to thrive as a sport, and I want my local pool halls to survive this once in a century affliction. The conflict? Every time I set foot in a pool hall I’m risking not only my life (over 50, hypertensive), but I’m also risking the life of anyone I may come in contact with afterwards. To play a game. Even worse, I’m risking not dying from this virus, or exposing others to - the possibility of the long term consequences of it. No one knows with any certainty what the long term effects this disease has on the vascular system, the heart, the lungs. It reminds me of friends who engaged in risky behaviors in the 70s/80s, eventually grew up and thought they were safe, only to discover HIV and/or hepatitis C. Some of those friends survived long enough for treatments to become available, some didn’t.

Regardless, is someone’s pool hall surviving, and my own desire to find a temporary escape from quarantine hell (been working remotely since March), really worth it? i have already attended the funeral of a friend’s loved one who was vulnerable, after the friend was exposed at a pool hall. Luckily for everyone else on this friend’s league teams, they always wore a mask, properly, or the rest of us would likely have been exposed. For months my local pool halls ignored the state mandated mask policy. Eventually they faced closure from non-compliance, but 9 out of 10 are now wearing masks below their noses or utilizing the exception to the rule thst if you are sitting down with a drink or eating the mask can come off. Expecting a room full of alcohol fueled pool players to implement infection control procedures is futile at best. Most of them have learned from facebook that this virus is a hoax, that masks don’t work, that democrats are lizard people, and so on.

What disturbs me is that I have learned, as a result of this pandemic, that there is a very large percentage of the American population who lack even a scintilla of basic human decency or empathy. They simply don’t care enough to believe that this virus, may in fact, not be a hoax, and that they are risking the health/finances/lives of everyone they come in contact with. And 90% of this risk could be averted by simply wearing a mask, correctly, maintaining a safe distance, and basic hygiene. If everyone had done these simple things for a few weeks back in March, thus wouldn‘t even be a discussion any more. It never had to get to the point of threatening anyone’s freedom or liberty or livelihoods or whatnot. But from the top down, ignorance has been willful and utterly destructive.

Luckily I work in health care and have received my first dose of the pfizer vaccine. In a few weeks I will not have to be worried about risking my own life to go play pool. Maybe I will be able to play a little better not having that worry in the back of my head. Unfortunately, I will still have to worry about others and will still have to wear a mask, it has not been determined yet if those who are vaccinated can still transmit the virus or not.

We are far from being out of the woods, the worst is yet to come. God forbid these non-believers keep this virus in circulation long enough for it to mutate beyond what the latest vaccines can handle. It would seem that if pool hall owners, league operators, and pool players had any sense of self preservation, they would encourage adherence to reasonable precautions, it is clearly in their best interest. But so far it seems they just enjoy shooting themselves in the foot too much. I’m afraid that eventually they are going to end up putting the final nail of pool’s coffin, and I won’t be able to play the game I love so much.

fish on

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Share your thoughts.

fish on

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Quarantine if you were there to protect others ! Get tested but you can not show symptoms for a period of time ? Quarantine for 7 days if no fever or symptoms and you test negative you hit the lottery and are good to go

De420MadHatter

SicBiNature
Silver Member
First post! Took over a year for my account to get approved for some reason, but I was content with lurking.

I have conflicting feelings about pool halls and covid. I love pool, I want pool to thrive as a sport, and I want my local pool halls to survive this once in a century affliction. The conflict? Every time I set foot in a pool hall I’m risking not only my life (over 50, hypertensive), but I’m also risking the life of anyone I may come in contact with afterwards. To play a game. Even worse, I’m risking not dying from this virus, or exposing others to - the possibility of the long term consequences of it. No one knows with any certainty what the long term effects this disease has on the vascular system, the heart, the lungs. It reminds me of friends who engaged in risky behaviors in the 70s/80s, eventually grew up and thought they were safe, only to discover HIV and/or hepatitis C. Some of those friends survived long enough for treatments to become available, some didn’t.

Regardless, is someone’s pool hall surviving, and my own desire to find a temporary escape from quarantine hell (been working remotely since March), really worth it? i have already attended the funeral of a friend’s loved one who was vulnerable, after the friend was exposed at a pool hall. Luckily for everyone else on this friend’s league teams, they always wore a mask, properly, or the rest of us would likely have been exposed. For months my local pool halls ignored the state mandated mask policy. Eventually they faced closure from non-compliance, but 9 out of 10 are now wearing masks below their noses or utilizing the exception to the rule thst if you are sitting down with a drink or eating the mask can come off. Expecting a room full of alcohol fueled pool players to implement infection control procedures is futile at best. Most of them have learned from facebook that this virus is a hoax, that masks don’t work, that democrats are lizard people, and so on.

What disturbs me is that I have learned, as a result of this pandemic, that there is a very large percentage of the American population who lack even a scintilla of basic human decency or empathy. They simply don’t care enough to believe that this virus, may in fact, not be a hoax, and that they are risking the health/finances/lives of everyone they come in contact with. And 90% of this risk could be averted by simply wearing a mask, correctly, maintaining a safe distance, and basic hygiene. If everyone had done these simple things for a few weeks back in March, thus wouldn‘t even be a discussion any more. It never had to get to the point of threatening anyone’s freedom or liberty or livelihoods or whatnot. But from the top down, ignorance has been willful and utterly destructive.

Luckily I work in health care and have received my first dose of the pfizer vaccine. In a few weeks I will not have to be worried about risking my own life to go play pool. Maybe I will be able to play a little better not having that worry in the back of my head. Unfortunately, I will still have to worry about others and will still have to wear a mask, it has not been determined yet if those who are vaccinated can still transmit the virus or not.

We are far from being out of the woods, the worst is yet to come. God forbid these non-believers keep this virus in circulation long enough for it to mutate beyond what the latest vaccines can handle. It would seem that if pool hall owners, league operators, and pool players had any sense of self preservation, they would encourage adherence to reasonable precautions, it is clearly in their best interest. But so far it seems they just enjoy shooting themselves in the foot too much. I’m afraid that eventually they are going to end up putting the final nail of pool’s coffin, and I won’t be able to play the game I love so much.
Oh they are going to put the nail in the coffin alright, don't worry 👍.
You, Jam, Lou and the others will make sure of it.
I don't think anyone believes it's hoax, it's just they have blown it so far out of proportion it's ridiculous.
Look at all the small businesses closing, of all kinds.
People having to close their business and losing their livelyhood left and right..
Who cares though, lets cut off the head to get rid of a pimple..
Where is Jam and her almighty attitude when it comes to Walmart and all the big box stores?
Put 1000s of people under 1 roof but shut down all the mom and pops lol.
It's not an accident it is by design.
When we tank the economy though, and the fallout makes Covid look like a lottery ticket, she'll pull her head out of her ass(maybe, hard to fix stupid).

De420MadHatter

SicBiNature
Silver Member
Well in a few months when everyone is able to be vaccinated, we will get hit with COVID 21 and start the bullshit all over again. Then they will be implementing the immuno ID for you to do anything as they continue to roll out vaccines. These will not be one and done...you will need multiple vaccines on an annual basis...unless you are a member of the ruling class. Get ready....you will own nothing and will use an app for everything. Living in pods and eating bugs or veggie protein that is of course extracted and purified with solvents. But trust us...it is far healthier and cleaner for the environment than animal proteins. Meat is only for the ruling class.
At least we haven't all been brainwashed 👍.